Celtic Frost "To Mega Therion" Combat 1986 CD pressing questions

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Celtic Frost "To Mega Therion" Combat 1986 CD pressing questions

Post by Zdan »

Hello fellow Corroseum maniacs!

I recently laid my hands on a Celtic Frost "To Mega Therion" Combat/Noise 1986 CD pressing. However I noticed couple of funny things with it and wanted to check with the forum is somebody encountered those too.

First thing - the usual matrix for this pressing is: 88561-8091-2 MT 1A1 +. Mine is almost the same but it goes like this: 88561-8091-2 MT 1A1 ++ (an extra plus). Does this mean it is a second issue/repress of this pressing? Or maybe a bootleg - I doubt this because the matrix is in the same font.

Secondly - normal issues have a four page booklet without any lyrics but only a thanks list and contact infos. I have this booklet but also an additional insert with lyrics (on "normal" quality paper).

Did someone encounter a version like mine? Does it mean its a bootleg? I doubt it because I do not think this edition has been bootlegged but I can be wrong.

Any opinions/info?
Zdan

Re: Celtic Frost "To Mega Therion" Combat 1986 CD pressing questions

Post by Zdan »

Photos of both the matrix and the both booklets (since the description could be unclear):

The last photo features both booklets with the upper one being the additional one with the lyrics.

What do you think? The matrix looks proper to me and everything looks original. It is just that most of the copies I seen had only one plus in the matrix.