Exodus Bonded By Blood Combat CD booklet question

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Exodus Bonded By Blood Combat CD booklet question

Post by Zdan »

Hello!

I have an unsual question for all you collectors and maniacs out there. Not something THAT important but it has been bugging me.

A short story first:

Some time ago I finally bought the Exodus "Bonded By Blood" CD pressing on Combat Records (one of the later represses) for a decent price. Everything was great but when the CD arrived the booklet was a little damaged (minor tears here and there). I did not ask to see the photos of the booklet and I usually do that but somehow this time I did not.

Later I stumbled upon an Ebay auction where a guy was selling the later pressing Combat CD (with live bonus tracks) and the back insert to that but with the original booklet. The link to that Ebay auction:

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/EXODUS-Bonded-b ... 2649534307

I wanted the booklet so I bought that CD.

So my question is - does the second booklet (bought in the above auction) look authentic to you guys?

Here are some comparison photos (booklet from the first purchase on the left, from the second on the right):

The general quality of the paper and the printing is pretty much the same. The changes are a few:

- the second booklet is bigger in size
- it was darker colours

To me it does look original as all of the Russian fakes and bootlegs seem to have a much brighter booklet.
Helstar

Re: Exodus Bonded By Blood Combat CD booklet question

Post by Helstar »

There are a ton of various pressings of that Combat cd, with basicly the same base for the sleeves (artwork, lyrics, last page), but of course the manufacturing plant changes all the times (some japanese, some americans etc), so you can see clear differences in color/hue.
Zdan

Re: Exodus Bonded By Blood Combat CD booklet question

Post by Zdan »

Helstar wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 pm There are a ton of various pressings of that Combat cd, with basicly the same base for the sleeves (artwork, lyrics, last page), but of course the manufacturing plant changes all the times (some japanese, some americans etc), so you can see clear differences in color/hue.
Understood. I really thought that would be it because the Russian boots are clearly inferior and feature much brighter take on the artwork. What got me thinking is the difference in size of the booklets. One of them fits perfectly in the jewelcase (the one on the right) and the other one is a little too small.