A Question About My Copy of Fates Warning's The Spectre Within 1994 Pressing

...and all CD issues goes here.
XHead1995

A Question About My Copy of Fates Warning's The Spectre Within 1994 Pressing

Post by XHead1995 »

i had recently purchased a copy of Fates Warning's The Spectre Within from a seller on Amazon.com to where he said the booklet was in nice condition...however when i received it yesterday i was thrown off by a punch aheart shaped punch hole, then i started to then realize i may have a promotional copy of it and am curious to know if anyother promotional copies of this exact pressing even exist

if you want to know what i'm talking about here is a photo i took (and no that is not the exact tray it came with (the tray was clear, thank you)

another thing that also surprised me was that this same copy also has the misprint on the spine (the misprint being "The Spector Withn") as you can see here as well

so i'm curious to know how many of the mistitled 1994 pressings exist and is this even a legit promotional copy or is this a bootleg or did somebody at first own this and decided to punch a hole in it?. questions i'm asking! :P. serious though. i'm curious. thanks.
borrel

Re: A Question About My Copy of Fates Warning's The Spectre Within 1994 Pressing

Post by borrel »

It is mentioned in this list as an official release

https://sites.google.com/site/metgpks/fateswarning
Northwinds

Re: A Question About My Copy of Fates Warning's The Spectre Within 1994 Pressing

Post by Northwinds »

Cool misprint. My version is the double Night on Brocken/Specter Within. I have the Awaken the Guardian/No Exit also. One of my favorite bands, John is a neighbor of mine and friend for over 20 years, he still has a hell of a voice. I think I have all the early records and cover variations of Night on Brocken

He brought his bike over to show me when he picked it up

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Northwinds wrote:Cool misprint. My version is the double Night on Brocken/Specter Within. I have the Awaken the Guardian/No Exit also. One of my favorite bands, John is a neighbor of mine and friend for over 20 years, he still has a hell of a voice. I think I have all the early records and cover variations of Night on Brocken

He brought his bike over to show me when he picked it up

That's awesome. I hold Fates Warning in quite high regards.

Any interesting stories you'd like to share?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

What kind of stories? I have known him since the 80s. I tried out for the band when Jim was going to quit but he ended up staying and John eventually left the band. John works for Lego now as well as sings for Arch/Matheos. He's a regular guy, plows snow in the Winter with his pickup, has a cool German Shepard. His wife Jeannie is wicked cool and we enjoy our visits together. Here he is signing my Explorer just before the show at the Webster Theater and my dog Pouncy was licking the hell out of Jeannie. A week later they headlined the Keep It True Festival. The Arch/Matheos lp was just released and he gave me a signed copy as seen on the coffee table

This image is when Jim was talking to him about last minute shit for the KIT w/ Jeannie sitting on the couch, he was plowing that day

He is picking up acoustic guitar a bit now, loves my Les Paul Standard

He's just a normal guy in every respect, does not really party a lot anymore either. I guess we all grow up :lol:
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Picture of his bike, I like it

martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Agreed, nice imprint, I am assuming based on the punch out that it is a promo copy.

And thanks for sharing the pix and stories. My favorite stuff to read and see.