Collector Porn (CD) 2015

...and all CD issues goes here.
User avatar
metalhaven
Posts: 23

Re: Re:

Post#91 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Avenger wrote:
metalhaven wrote:Image[/img]

Top Tier US Heavy Metal CDs
Your username should be "metalmoney" because you paid by far more for each one of those CD's then anybody else that owns copies.
I feel a ton of jealousy coming from you Avenger. I actually paid $300 for the lot (an average of $75 each). Pretty sure your comment is way off base, nice try though. Next time get your facts straight before making such accusations :mrgreen:

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#92 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 pm

metalhaven wrote:
Avenger wrote:
metalhaven wrote:Image[/img]

Top Tier US Heavy Metal CDs
Your username should be "metalmoney" because you paid by far more for each one of those CD's then anybody else that owns copies.
I feel a ton of jealousy coming from you Avenger. I actually paid $300 for the lot (an average of $75 each). Pretty sure your comment is way off base, nice try though. Next time get your facts straight before making such accusations :mrgreen:


Why would I be jealous when I own copies of all of them?

Either way, I confused you with Grimlord. Browsing the forum on my phone with errors made it look like it was his post.

I remember he paid $1000 for his copy of Silence 2 years back.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
metalhaven
Posts: 23

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#93 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Avenger wrote:
Why would I be jealous when I own copies of all of them?

Either way, I confused you with Grimlord. Browsing the forum on my phone with errors made it look like it was his post.

I remember he paid $1000 for his copy of Silence 2 years back.
No worries, an honest mistake. Though, I'd love to see a picture of all 4 of these from your collection. Of all the collectors I know, there are only a few who own 3 of the 4 CDs... One who is missing the Crillson and the rest who are missing the Stormhaven. Up to this point I have never met anyone who owns all 4.

On a side note, I currently do have a Stormhaven CD available, though my 2nd copy of Sanctum just sold (expecting payment on Wednesday).

User avatar
Warepire
Posts: 1351
Contact:

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#94 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Some of these probably lost their porn-status while Corro was down.
But who cares.
Attachments
DSC00025.JPG
DSC00025.JPG (140.96 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
DSC00021.JPG
DSC00021.JPG (143.84 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
What good is a life that leaves nothing behind, not a thought nor a dream to echo in time...
So what have I done in the eyes of the world, what have I done that will remain?

Helstar
Posts: 2026

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#95 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:32 pm

I like that Mutant MCD a lot, too bad the band split (and they don't even sell the MCD anymore ^^; !)

And thanks for the Art Rebellion hint, very nice album ! That North Syndrom is the best example of a huge deadstock surfacing after a lot of years (20+). The 'boxes' theory is not a theory anymore :P

Should happen for every single rare cd we need :D

User avatar
Warepire
Posts: 1351
Contact:

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#96 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Helstar wrote:I like that Mutant MCD a lot, too bad the band split (and they don't even sell the MCD anymore ^^; !)

And thanks for the Art Rebellion hint, very nice album ! That North Syndrom is the best example of a huge deadstock surfacing after a lot of years (20+). The 'boxes' theory is not a theory anymore :P

Should happen for every single rare cd we need :D
Mutant is excellent.

You're very welcome regarding Art Rebellion, shame the CD is not as strong as the comp track.
I am very happy boxes of North Syndrom was found, that way I could actually afford it.

Sadly that's not gonna happen with the rest of my wishlist, as it already happened (or will never happen) with most of those titles :(
What good is a life that leaves nothing behind, not a thought nor a dream to echo in time...
So what have I done in the eyes of the world, what have I done that will remain?

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#97 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 am

metalhaven wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Why would I be jealous when I own copies of all of them?

Either way, I confused you with Grimlord. Browsing the forum on my phone with errors made it look like it was his post.

I remember he paid $1000 for his copy of Silence 2 years back.
No worries, an honest mistake. Though, I'd love to see a picture of all 4 of these from your collection. Of all the collectors I know, there are only a few who own 3 of the 4 CDs... One who is missing the Crillson and the rest who are missing the Stormhaven. Up to this point I have never met anyone who owns all 4.

On a side note, I currently do have a Stormhaven CD available, though my 2nd copy of Sanctum just sold (expecting payment on Wednesday).
I don't do photos for the sake of "showing off". I don't possess the complex of pumping my own tires. I do find it odd that I take a year off from the online circle jerk and then some new guy shows up and questions my collection.

I actually sold a copy of Sanctum myself maybe 4 or 5 years ago but the inserts were questonable. I got nowhere near current value.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
metalhaven
Posts: 23

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#98 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:25 am

Avenger wrote:
metalhaven wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Why would I be jealous when I own copies of all of them?

Either way, I confused you with Grimlord. Browsing the forum on my phone with errors made it look like it was his post.

I remember he paid $1000 for his copy of Silence 2 years back.
No worries, an honest mistake. Though, I'd love to see a picture of all 4 of these from your collection. Of all the collectors I know, there are only a few who own 3 of the 4 CDs... One who is missing the Crillson and the rest who are missing the Stormhaven. Up to this point I have never met anyone who owns all 4.

On a side note, I currently do have a Stormhaven CD available, though my 2nd copy of Sanctum just sold (expecting payment on Wednesday).
I don't do photos for the sake of "showing off". I don't possess the complex of pumping my own tires. I do find it odd that I take a year off from the online circle jerk and then some new guy shows up and questions my collection.

I actually sold a copy of Sanctum myself maybe 4 or 5 years ago but the inserts were questonable. I got nowhere near current value.
You may not take photos of your collection and post them online, but you sure have no problem tearing down those who do. Look at the title of this thread, that’s what it’s here for, so if you don’t like it, then maybe you should leave. I may or may not agree with Grimlord’s buying practices, but who am I to question them?

I’m not some new guy who just showed up to question your collection, you confronted me first (whether it was accidental or not). If you’re going to talk big, I’m going to ask you to put up or shut up. If you say you have something, prove it. If you’re not interested, keep your mouth shut.

Though, I highly doubt you do actually own all 4 of these. In fact, I bet you don’t even own a single one of them. Not that owning these 4 CDs proves anything; because anyone with a ton of money can pretty much own anything they want. I’m not some pretentious collector who gets his kicks off of other collector’s comments. I have my reasons for posting these 4 (and only these 4 CDs).

I meant no harm whatsoever in asking you to post your CDs, I was really just wanting to congratulate you on owning The Big 4 US Heavy Metal CDs. And maybe just a little curious of you really did own them as you said you did.

wicked keeper
Posts: 312

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#99 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:11 am

LMAO!! First day back for the forum and Avenger's already started an argument. Some things never fucking change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#100 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:09 am

metalhaven wrote:You may not take photos of your collection and post them online, but you sure have no problem tearing down those who do. Look at the title of this thread, that’s what it’s here for, so if you don’t like it, then maybe you should leave. I may or may not agree with Grimlord’s buying practices, but who am I to question them?

I’m not some new guy who just showed up to question your collection, you confronted me first (whether it was accidental or not). If you’re going to talk big, I’m going to ask you to put up or shut up. If you say you have something, prove it. If you’re not interested, keep your mouth shut.

Though, I highly doubt you do actually own all 4 of these. In fact, I bet you don’t even own a single one of them. Not that owning these 4 CDs proves anything; because anyone with a ton of money can pretty much own anything they want. I’m not some pretentious collector who gets his kicks off of other collector’s comments. I have my reasons for posting these 4 (and only these 4 CDs).

I meant no harm whatsoever in asking you to post your CDs, I was really just wanting to congratulate you on owning The Big 4 US Heavy Metal CDs. And maybe just a little curious of you really did own them as you said you did.
I don’t really care what the thread title is called. The point I’m making and have made in the past (before your time) is that posting pictures of the same high priced rarities over and over again becomes redundant. We’ve all seen them before and quite honestly it’s not that impressive. Like you already stated, anyone with money can pretty much buy any of them and they’ve already been posted previously. Don’t try and tell me that there’s any other reason because other than Sanctum, the other 3 are musically very average compared to other bands playing the same sub-genres.

Regarding my collection, again I don’t do photo’s for the sake of trying to impress others. I’ve done many in the past but it’s for reasons of helping others when they have a specific question regarding an item. I can care less what you believe in regards to what I possess in my collection and I have nothing to prove to you. I’m not getting into a pissing contest over what you deem to be “The Big 4 CD’s”. You are not the gold standard on what quantity of discs exists in collections. Post something that I have never seen before and I’ll be much more inclined to show my praise.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6575
Contact:

Re:

Post#101 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:22 am

MetalDelight wrote:Two rare compilation cd's from Holland.
Metal In Rocks Volume II & III (Volume I was released on vinyl only).

Volume II (1989) contains bands like: Donor/ Vigilant/ Dead Head/ Speedica.
Volume III contains (1990) bands like: Mindcrime/ Flyer/ Tightrope.

The bands involved (all volumes) did short clubtours in Holland.

Image
Image
Cool! I have the first vinyl-volume and like it quite a lot. Any chance you could scan, rip & upload those in Poisonoise? I'd like to add them to the Compilopedia some time in the future. Absolutely no hurry tho'...
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
martinsane
Posts: 108

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#102 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:12 am

Avenger wrote:
metalhaven wrote:You may not take photos of your collection and post them online, but you sure have no problem tearing down those who do. Look at the title of this thread, that’s what it’s here for, so if you don’t like it, then maybe you should leave. I may or may not agree with Grimlord’s buying practices, but who am I to question them?

I’m not some new guy who just showed up to question your collection, you confronted me first (whether it was accidental or not). If you’re going to talk big, I’m going to ask you to put up or shut up. If you say you have something, prove it. If you’re not interested, keep your mouth shut.

Though, I highly doubt you do actually own all 4 of these. In fact, I bet you don’t even own a single one of them. Not that owning these 4 CDs proves anything; because anyone with a ton of money can pretty much own anything they want. I’m not some pretentious collector who gets his kicks off of other collector’s comments. I have my reasons for posting these 4 (and only these 4 CDs).

I meant no harm whatsoever in asking you to post your CDs, I was really just wanting to congratulate you on owning The Big 4 US Heavy Metal CDs. And maybe just a little curious of you really did own them as you said you did.
I don’t really care what the thread title is called. The point I’m making and have made in the past (before your time) is that posting pictures of the same high priced rarities over and over again becomes redundant. We’ve all seen them before and quite honestly it’s not that impressive. Like you already stated, anyone with money can pretty much buy any of them and they’ve already been posted previously. Don’t try and tell me that there’s any other reason because other than Sanctum, the other 3 are musically very average compared to other bands playing the same sub-genres.

Regarding my collection, again I don’t do photo’s for the sake of trying to impress others. I’ve done many in the past but it’s for reasons of helping others when they have a specific question regarding an item. I can care less what you believe in regards to what I possess in my collection and I have nothing to prove to you. I’m not getting into a pissing contest over what you deem to be “The Big 4 CD’s”. You are not the gold standard on what quantity of discs exists in collections. Post something that I have never seen before and I’ll be much more inclined to show my praise.

Not that I don't love a good pissing contest but I have a couple concerns with the way this topic has turned. One, I don't get why you are all pissy to this kid just cause he posted pictures of his amazing find. And those are some killer discs and on everyone's want lists, average or not, posted by others before, big whoop. I bet the $75 a whack is a fraction of what many have spent on those discs...
Post something that I have never seen before and I’ll be much more inclined to show my praise.
Not sure praise was the end goal, just sharing with the like minded community in a thread designed for just that ANNNDD doing this
Post something that I have never seen before
would be very easy to do, FYI.

Carry on I got popcorn burning....

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#103 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:08 am

martinsane wrote:
Avenger wrote:
metalhaven wrote:You may not take photos of your collection and post them online, but you sure have no problem tearing down those who do. Look at the title of this thread, that’s what it’s here for, so if you don’t like it, then maybe you should leave. I may or may not agree with Grimlord’s buying practices, but who am I to question them?

I’m not some new guy who just showed up to question your collection, you confronted me first (whether it was accidental or not). If you’re going to talk big, I’m going to ask you to put up or shut up. If you say you have something, prove it. If you’re not interested, keep your mouth shut.

Though, I highly doubt you do actually own all 4 of these. In fact, I bet you don’t even own a single one of them. Not that owning these 4 CDs proves anything; because anyone with a ton of money can pretty much own anything they want. I’m not some pretentious collector who gets his kicks off of other collector’s comments. I have my reasons for posting these 4 (and only these 4 CDs).

I meant no harm whatsoever in asking you to post your CDs, I was really just wanting to congratulate you on owning The Big 4 US Heavy Metal CDs. And maybe just a little curious of you really did own them as you said you did.
I don’t really care what the thread title is called. The point I’m making and have made in the past (before your time) is that posting pictures of the same high priced rarities over and over again becomes redundant. We’ve all seen them before and quite honestly it’s not that impressive. Like you already stated, anyone with money can pretty much buy any of them and they’ve already been posted previously. Don’t try and tell me that there’s any other reason because other than Sanctum, the other 3 are musically very average compared to other bands playing the same sub-genres.

Regarding my collection, again I don’t do photo’s for the sake of trying to impress others. I’ve done many in the past but it’s for reasons of helping others when they have a specific question regarding an item. I can care less what you believe in regards to what I possess in my collection and I have nothing to prove to you. I’m not getting into a pissing contest over what you deem to be “The Big 4 CD’s”. You are not the gold standard on what quantity of discs exists in collections. Post something that I have never seen before and I’ll be much more inclined to show my praise.

Not that I don't love a good pissing contest but I have a couple concerns with the way this topic has turned. One, I don't get why you are all pissy to this kid just cause he posted pictures of his amazing find. And those are some killer discs and on everyone's want lists, average or not, posted by others before, big whoop. I bet the $75 a whack is a fraction of what many have spent on those discs...
Post something that I have never seen before and I’ll be much more inclined to show my praise.
Not sure praise was the end goal, just sharing with the like minded community in a thread designed for just that ANNNDD doing this
Post something that I have never seen before
would be very easy to do, FYI.

Carry on I got popcorn burning....
Do you really think people would be posting in this thread if no one ever gave them a pat on the back after posting a photo of their newest high priced rarity?

That aside, I'm waiting for your list of titles that I have never seen before. If it's on CD and pre 1993 that would be a tall task at this point...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Lama
Posts: 801

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#104 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Haha...I've missed these kind of discussions. It's gonna be a great evening!! :)

Keep going guys!!
Kampel Destruction

User avatar
Nebuchadnezzar
Posts: 765

Re: Collector Porn (CD) 2015

Post#105 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Image
Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest