Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Warepire

Re: Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2013) READ THE FIRST POST

Post by Warepire »

Avenger wrote:
Warepire wrote:
Avenger wrote: Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you post a picture I can compare with mine.
Photo:

--image--
That's strange...

My copy has just a regular booklet.. So do all my other Roadrunner discs.
Then I guess someone just cut those corners... Thanks.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know if the 1993 release of Onslaught's "Power from Hell" on Pony Canyon have the same problem as later re-releases - that is the track "Devil's Legion" is split into two tracks on the CD itself? Or does it have that song as a single track as it should be?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know if the 1993 release of Onslaught's "Power from Hell" on Pony Canyon have the same problem as later re-releases - that is the track "Devil's Legion" is split into two tracks on the CD itself? Or does it have that song as a single track as it should be?
I can check with my copy later today.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:Does anybody know if the 1993 release of Onslaught's "Power from Hell" on Pony Canyon have the same problem as later re-releases - that is the track "Devil's Legion" is split into two tracks on the CD itself? Or does it have that song as a single track as it should be?
That would be great! Thank you for your consideration. I ask about this because I would rather know before hunting down my own copy. I already have a Under One Flag copy of The Force.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:
Avenger wrote:
That would be great! Thank you for your consideration. I ask about this because I would rather know before hunting down my own copy. I already have a Under One Flag copy of The Force.
I'll let you know. If not, remind me.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

A quick question:

Does anybody know how to tell an original Fringe Sacrifice "Torment in Fire" CD from the recent Russian bootleg? The matrix seems to be the same.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I haven't seen the bootleg, but it seems to me a Disc Amerique matrix from that era would be VERY hard to fake accurately. Unless these bootleggers seriously upped their game while I wasn't paying attention.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

As far as I know the Disc Amerique symbol can't be replicated in the matrix. That alone will be one of many destinguishing factors.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks for the info. I will look for the Disc Amerique symbol. Any other things to look out for?

Incidentally I heard that the first Sacrifice album has terrible production on the original CD release (the re-release is remastered). Is that true?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Also - one more question. I just looked at my copy of Powermad "Absolute Power" and it has this matrix code:

1 25937-2 SRC-05 M1S1

I noticed that many copies of this album do not have the last "M1S1" part. Is this a normal proper non-bootleg matrix?
akira

Post by akira »

Zdan wrote:Thanks for the info. I will look for the Disc Amerique symbol. Any other things to look out for?

Incidentally I heard that the first Sacrifice album has terrible production on the original CD release (the re-release is remastered). Is that true?
1st album cd release is with pre-emphasis. You need de-emphasis filter to listen to. Marquee Rec. remasters are horrible, compressed crap
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Zdan wrote:Also - one more question. I just looked at my copy of Powermad "Absolute Power" and it has this matrix code:

1 25937-2 SRC-05 M1S1

I noticed that many copies of this album do not have the last "M1S1" part. Is this a normal proper non-bootleg matrix?
My copy has "1 25937-2 SRC-03". I don't know if it helps you but I'm sure it's an original.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks for the reply Shimrod. I saw copies with that matrix too. I have seen the "M1S1" part on many matrices on US pressed discs and I hope mine is not a bootleg.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Mine is "... SRC-05 M1S4"

The ones with Mother/Stamper M#S# are most likely pressed a bit later.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I figured as much. So it is original just a later US pressing. Looks like an original to me at least.