Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
J.

Post by J. »

Does anyone know if there are fake/bootleg copies of the UOF version of Praying Mantis' Predator in Disguise CD or are they all legit?

Also is the Pony Canyon 2013 CD reissue of the same album legit or still "unofficially official" like their earlier edition?

Thanks.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

J. wrote:"unofficially official" like their earlier edition?
?
J.

Post by J. »

Shimrod wrote:
J. wrote:"unofficially official" like their earlier edition?
?
It's a boot but it isn't or something - dodgy licencing deal, like they say about some LazerLight, Metal Mind & High Vaultage cd releases - tbh reading back I don't really know what I meant either :lol: guess what I'm trying to say is that I've heard conflicting stories about the status of Pony Canyon releases.... (please feel free to correct, I'm no expert on these matters)

So anyway, can anyone answer my questions?
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Well I did not know that. These releases are noted in the official page of the band so I guess they approve them.
The reissues from 2013 look cheaper made. They are sold at special prices like 1000 or 1200 JPN. I saw them in a local store. I would be surprised they are not official.

Concerning the UOF release I have never heard of a bootleg, only heard of one from the Japonese version. I have both versions so if you have special questions about them I could help.
0%cured

Post by 0%cured »

Does anybody know if this version of Kreator's 'Coma Of Souls' is official and if so what year was released? The Matrix is 40060 300 158-2 01 + 523 72033. Other than that it looks like the first version. It also includes the lyrics to all the tracks.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Are there any bootlegs of Paragon "World of Sin"?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Kiske

Re: Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2013) READ THE FIRST POST

Post by Kiske »

I'd like to ask if someone of you is aware about the legitimate of the following version of this album on cd

http://postimg.org/image/6tiiznam5/

Please note that the G.U.N. logo is not the classic red one, while the Drakkar logo is orange.
And also the tracklist is 11. Down To the bone, 12. Depraved to black
No IFPI code on the inner ring of the disc, only the code 74321 28159-2 (the same of the barcode) as you can see in the following pic
http://postimg.org/image/stcg87h77/

The following one instead seems to be the "official release"

http://images.coveralia.com/audio/a/Ave ... ra.jpg?999

Please note that the G.U.N. logo is red this time, while the Drakkar logo is b/w.
And also the tracklist has Depraved to black and Down To the bone switched.
Inner ring Matrix code: SONOPRESS K-5838/21244842-2 A DS2 - IFPI 0717 L022
Last edited by Kiske on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

You will need to post matrix of the first version. Might be a boot but a s well a valid repress. Probably the former though if there is no IFPI :)
Kiske

Post by Kiske »

I updated the original post with a pic of the inner ring of this cd
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Bootleg I'm afraid. At least the matrix is identical in look&feel to many known bootlegs. But its strange the bootlegers didn't even bother to mimic the exact text.
Kiske

Post by Kiske »

I think it's a bootleg (even if a good one), but I don't understand why wasting time in editing the back cover (changing the logo of GUN records, Drakkar entertainment and deleting the white stripes) and also the tracklist of the album!!!
Usually all the bootlegs I have is a total replica of the album, this one not, and this is strange for me.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I recently got hands on some pics of Pantera's "Power Metal". I think I could get more if I needed them. However, as usual, there is the worry about bootlegs and whatnot. Here is a link to the pictures gallery:

http://postimg.org/gallery/fo9u49ce/cc0212ed/

Does this copy look like an original release to you guys? The matrix is supposedly the correct one but I know there is a bootleg with the correct matrix out there.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Got my answer to the Pantera question - thanks Avenger!

In other questions:

Some time ago Yakish posted a photo of the original CD edition of Marshall Law - Marshall Law on Teichiku to know the difference between the original and the bootleg. Any chance of reposting those images? Or just describing the differences/what to look for?
Last edited by Zdan on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

I don't have this version of the Marshall Law album but I'm pretty sure the bootleg is the usual "name of the album as matrix" type.

You can post a scan of your copy matrix, I have many cds from Teichiku so I could tell you if yours looks like mine.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Shimrod wrote:I don't have this version of the Marshall Law album but I'm pretty sure the bootleg is the usual "name of the album as matrix" type.

You can post a scan of your copy matrix, I have many cds from Teichiku so I could tell you if yours looks like mine.
When I receive the CD I will scan it and post the CD matrix scan. However if someone has the photo/scan of the original Teichiku pressing that would be helpful too.