Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Looks fine... I think the cds you find in those little pawn shops taking dust since years are all legit ^^
Last edited by Helstar on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Helstar wrote:Looks fine... I think all the cds you find in those little pawn shops taking dust since years are all legit ^^
Exactly my thoughts.
Pawn's/ second hand's RULE! :-)
Payed 5 euros for this one.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Maybe someone have TARA ZARA - Behind The Mask CD ??? It's an UK 80s band.How it sounds ? I mean I've seen this band listed as NWOBHM ,but have doubts about it so samples would be nice to hear.

PROPER MUSIC WEBSITE shows T.REX , THIN LIZZY , QUEEN and WHITESNAKE as TARA ZARA influences , but that's it...

P.S. EDIT : Found mp3s on Amazon. 2/3 Heavier songs,and the rest is AOR.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I just realized that my Malleus Malefiracum copy - http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/908701 - contains a bunch of ads for 1990 RR releases (Deicide s/t, Swallowed in Black, Cause of Death etc.), so it is obviously a 1990 release.

Does anyone have a copy without those ads (and I don't mean those that were cut out :) ), maybe the older MS entry - http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/18036 ?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Has there ever been a bootleg of the japanese edition of Blind Illusion's "The Sane Asylum"? Or is it just a popula pressing (as I have seen it go for cheap)?
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

sovdat wrote:I just realized that my Malleus Malefiracum copy - http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/908701 - contains a bunch of ads for 1990 RR releases (Deicide s/t, Swallowed in Black, Cause of Death etc.), so it is obviously a 1990 release.

Does anyone have a copy without those ads (and I don't mean those that were cut out :) ), maybe the older MS entry - http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/18036 ?
My copy is like the old MS entry,no ads.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Zdan wrote:Has there ever been a bootleg of the japanese edition of Blind Illusion's "The Sane Asylum"? Or is it just a popula pressing (as I have seen it go for cheap)?
The copy on ebay now (and the ended copy for $24) both look legit to me. I guess so low because they had no OBI.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pantera-Power-M ... TQ:US:1123

Look like a legit copy to you? It looks like it to me but I still have my doubts...
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

Zdan wrote:Does this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pantera-Power-M ... TQ:US:1123

Look like a legit copy to you? It looks like it to me but I still have my doubts...
this is a russian boot, a very well made one.

here is Avenger's scan of the original from 2011:

the only difference is the font of both 8 in 1988 from the matrix and the slash between AS/BS is more crooked on the original. (mine is an original, cause it has the standard problem of almost all 80s pressed by Nimbus CDs, where the front label on the disc is attracting dust and it sticks to the surface - when you try to wash it off the label disappears - no I haven't tried it, I'm not THAT dumb :D .) and the booklet paper is very thick, almost cardboard-like. The original is very rare, usually between $150 and $200. Rumors are there were only 500 of these pressed in 1988.

and this seller also sells other Pantera CDs, which were never issued on CD officially so there you go...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

On the boot there is no dot after the (V) and the outer ring is much thicker, different font, pretty easy to spot.

500 pressed sounds incredibly unlikely, I doubt a large plant like Nimbus would have done runs that small back then.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks for the in-depth explanation I really appreciate it. I avoided a bomb here.

There is another copy for 150$ on ebay that is supposed to be sealed and bought back in the day but I have no way of confirming if it's the real thing.
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

perishinflames wrote:On the boot there is no dot after the (V) and the outer ring is much thicker, different font, pretty easy to spot.

500 pressed sounds incredibly unlikely, I doubt a large plant like Nimbus would have done runs that small back then.
oh yes, thanks for pointing that out (just checked my copy after 2 years).

I guess Nimbus is not in business anymore, right? Otherwise we could ask them about quantities...
Zdan wrote:Thanks for the in-depth explanation I really appreciate it. I avoided a bomb here.

There is another copy for 150$ on ebay that is supposed to be sealed and bought back in the day but I have no way of confirming if it's the real thing.
That's a vinyl LP by the way ;)
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Actually the scan of original Pantera is mine but it does not matter :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Grimlord wrote:
perishinflames wrote:On the boot there is no dot after the (V) and the outer ring is much thicker, different font, pretty easy to spot.

oh yes, thanks for pointing that out (just checked my copy after 2 years).

I guess Nimbus is not in business anymore, right? Otherwise we could ask them about quantities...
Zdan wrote:Thanks for the in-depth explanation I really appreciate it. I avoided a bomb here.

That's a vinyl LP by the way ;)
True - I did not notice that. Either way I hope I score that one someday or they re-release it. Or some will want my Combat Records copy of Blind Illuson :wink: And thanks to the scanner and people on the forum. :wink:
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

As a bonus question does someone know how to tell the original Marshall Law "Marshall Law" japanese Teichiku CD from the bootleg? I know the bootleg also has an OBI but is there any difference?

Edit: And also - are the Wild Dogs CD's on Northwind Records (a legit label I think - they released stuff by Tefra, Thunderstorm etc.) legal editions? They have a ton of bonus tracks and seem to be silver pressed CD's but I am not really sure.