Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

85-100 euros easily, even in such bad shape. Just put it on eGay and you'll see
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I was thinking more like $50, are you sure? I wouldn't even bother bidding at $20.

I would try ripping it first with EAC or dbPoweramp. Even if you can't hear it on some CD players there still might be data damage. If it passes on a test & copy rip it should be okay.
humus

Post by humus »

Considering my laptop has problems playing even a youtube video I'm afraid it's not up to the task of ripping a CD :lol:
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ye you might get up to 100 euro or even more (some buyers don't even bother to read the description ^^ !)
rooster

Post by rooster »

Were there any Coroner reissues in 2003? Or is this bootleg?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coroner-R-I-P-C ... 53f856f602
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yes, Noise did tons of reissues in the late 90s / early 2000s. Almost of of their bigger bands' back catalogues we redone.

But even an original shouldn't be $60.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Does anyone know for sure if the CD versions of the following compilations are legit or boots?
Scene of the crime + 6 bonus (2002, Very Metal records 005)
SP Metal vol II (I don't have it before me right now for additional details)

The first one seems quite possible to be a boot, the second one not that much, but I'm not certain for neither.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Priamos wrote: Scene of the crime + 6 bonus (2002, Very Metal records 005)
Let me answer to myself!! :P
I made a search again (1-2 years ago there was n't any info online) and according to the data I found in Discogs, it's a japanese bootleg exclusively made for the the japanese market.

The SP metal II CD is being sold in a couple Brasilian sites but the translation can't give me any useful info. It seems legit after all, although I can't find anything about the label online.

PS (edit): The label is "Baratos Afins", it has website and store and seems legit indeed. Case is closed! :)
PS2. Hey!"Baratos Afins" was the original label, too!!! Is it still working after all this years??!!!! Well-done!!
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Does anyone knows what are the real differences between the 1988 original and the 1998 reissue of I.N.C. Razorback. I have the original but with all the reissues floating around i can't really say if it has any value (i heard it had some...)?
Thanks
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

You mean the boot with the RAZORBACK matrix ? It seems there is a 2006 reissue, but don't know if legit or not http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/732354
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Helstar wrote:You mean the boot with the RAZORBACK matrix ? It seems there is a 2006 reissue, but don't know if legit or not http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/732354
So it's a boot. It looks like it's everywhere. I'd like to know what are the differences with the original and how rare is the original.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The original is quite rare, the matrix code is completly different: RAINBO RECORDS INDESTRUCTIBLE NOISE COMMAND "RAZORBACK" Technidisc #366-068-008-D 06/11/88D
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Helstar wrote:The original is quite rare, the matrix code is completly different: RAINBO RECORDS INDESTRUCTIBLE NOISE COMMAND "RAZORBACK" Technidisc #366-068-008-D 06/11/88D
Thank you very much for these infromations. Mine is definitly original, thank god Matrix number exists!
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

I would like to share my opinion (assumption, theory) about SONOPRESS matrix identification. It's not a secret that often labels, especially old Roadrunner releases printed only original release date on CD or back cover, but anything about exact pressing date. I discovered and compared this theory on many RR pressings. I think actual pressing date coded in a letter on matrix after SONOPRESS word. Similar to Gramofonové Závody CD matrix scheme, but started years earlier.
So, that's how i see it:

A - 1986
B - 1987
C - 1988
D - 1989
E - 1990
F - 1991
G - 1992
H - 1993
Example: http://www.pinkfloydarchives.com/Discog ... matrix.jpg
A CD made in 1987 i believe. At least most of my Roadrunner CDs that i counted as "original 1987" press match to this theory, but some aren't. For example CDs from 1990 have letter "D" on matrix, so i think it could be difference in month, not in year for example last days of December 1989, CD was pressed earlier than covers or something like this.
The most interesting story with famous "Price Killers" series: (Once Heathen asked about pressing year of them, but i replied they are all from 1990, so seems like they are not)

Agent Steel, Paradox, Whiplash "Ticket...", Carnivore "Retaliation", Fifth Angel, Razor, Vicious Rumors, Possessed, Voivod are from 1988
Detente, Whiplash "Power...", Venom (both), Carnivore "Carnivore", Chastain, Racer-X are from 1989
I tried to follow this version with catalogue numbers logically, but it's useless

Also i realized that all No Remorse Records (german, not modern greek) CDs printed on Sonopress, had different design and without letter after SONOPRESS writing. We are all know that those Sacrosanct, Grinder EP, Blind Guardian, Wardance CDs from 1990, but still...if there would be no date of pressing then i don't know how to identify those matrices.
P.S: There's also widespread belief about Black Sabbath CD from 1985: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Sabbath ... 1120522714
and probably it's a reason why it's sells for so much, but in my opinion it's not 1985, but just 1987. Yes, i know Sonopress officially started to press CDs as early as 1984, but i don't have any CD from pre-1987 era with letter "A" in matrix and i would look for a real 1984-1985 pressing of SONOPRESS matrix.
As always i would be appreciated for your opinions, corrections, details, knowledge about this specific topic etc.