Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Is someone has the 1999 New Renaissance Records reissue of Deadly Blessing's "Ascend From The Cauldron" can you describe the booklet and backcover and also the CD itself? Also what is the matrix on that one?

Thanks in advance!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Zdan wrote:Is someone has the 1999 New Renaissance Records reissue of Deadly Blessing's "Ascend From The Cauldron" can you describe the booklet and backcover and also the CD itself? Also what is the matrix on that one?

Thanks in advance!
since I don't have scanner, I can only describe it.

matrix no: RBO462-NRCD109

back cover is ochre yellow with black logo over half of bc, the other half includes album title, songtitles and usual data. In the lower left corner is NRR logo, in right barcode.

booklet has six pages with inner three pages reserved for lyrics. Besides front cover page, page with mirror image of frontcover and songs titles (fonts are huge IMO and this may not be back cover replica), there is also a page with credits, thankslist, etc..

I guess other members would know more about original back cover.
I am ... the One you warned me of
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

I am about to buy TRANCE "Rockers" on CD and wonder what martrix does the first original press have? Sonopress or TSP?

I don't want to buy a russian bootleg!
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

scandinavian-assault wrote:I am about to buy TRANCE "Rockers" on CD and wonder what martrix does the first original press have? Sonopress or TSP?

You asked 2 days ago and didn't post a scan so I can't tell you.

The same applies to this time.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

Avenger wrote:
scandinavian-assault wrote:I am about to buy TRANCE "Rockers" on CD and wonder what martrix does the first original press have? Sonopress or TSP?

You asked 2 days ago and didn't post a scan so I can't tell you.

The same applies to this time.

If you have an original first pressing, feel free to write the matrix, or other specifics to look for. Both copies are in a record store, hence no pics.
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I don't bother typing out Matrix information any more because bootlegs these days are the same. The only way to tell is from a high quality photo or a scan. I'm not about to tell you something is legit based on simple text without seeing a picture because if the difference is found for example in the font, size, position or a combination of then I'm spreading disinformation.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know if there are bootlegs of the Mortal Sin 2007 CD re-releases? If somebody has the original CD reissues can you describe me the matrix of the Mayhemic Destruction re-release?
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Anyone know if Apocrypha "The eyes of time"cd ,matrix sonopress C-6140/RR 95072-A is legit.
Maybe the boot have the same matrix...
Troma

Post by Troma »

Yes, it is! But make sure the font is correct too by comparing it to another german roadrunner pressing, from which you know it is original.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Thanks for the data.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Do those two auctions look like the original 2007 Riot Entertainment re-issues of the Mortal Sin:

http://allegro.pl/mortal-sin-mayhemic-d ... 47642.html

http://allegro.pl/mortal-sin-face-of-de ... 58489.html

to you? I think they are the real deal.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Does anyone knows what "Medallion : Close to ignition" cd is worth? Musically it's worth pretty much shit (let's say weird shit) but it looks pretty rare.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody have the recent Skol reissue of Burning Starr "No Turning Back" and can tell me how does it compare in terms of remastering to the 1998 Sentinel Steel issue? Wondering if I should replace my old CD with the new reissue.
humus

Post by humus »

A friend gave me this CD to sell because he doesn't really like it musically, and it's worth some money. Now I'm just wondering, with the flaws that I'll describe, how much money it's worth.

So first of all, the cover seems to have some very slight ringwear. And some yellowing near the edges. The backcover has two creases.
Yet the biggest issue is the condition of the disc. It has scratches and hairlines, and a lot of them. Really, looking at it, you'd expect this to play with skips in each song. BUT my friend played it on his stereo, I played it on my car stereo and my home stereo, and it plays through perfectly.

So, I'll probably put this on ebay on behalf of him when I sell some of my own shit in a few months. But how much would he realistically get for this CD?