Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:
later death CDs are on Nimbus, not on Discovery Systems.
Oh, and theres the small detail that Discovery Systems closed it's doors in 1988.
That doesn't mean anything. Nimbus was pressing CD's as early as 1986. How do you tell the difference?
Fact: DS press cannot be later than 1988
Fact: There are Nimbus presses later than DS: there are many variants of the Nimbus press: some have "side a" "side b" listed on the backcover, some (later) have regular tracklist. these "later" ones have to be later than DS press which still has "side a" "side b".
Fact: Leprosy in 1988 is pressed By Nimbus, 1990 Spiritual Healing too

I think that the only logical conclusion from known facts is the one I gave you earlier. Theoretically many scenarios are possible and you can believe what you want, but whether they make sense and are probable is another matter.

You know, actually Nimbus started pressing CDs as early as 1984 in their plant in Wales. I challenge you to prove that the japaneese versions of Combat CDs (Bonded by Blood, Killing Is ..., Darkness Descends) are earlier than the Nimbus ones. If I adopted your thinking, I'd be arguing that we cannot tell which ones came first.
The obvious later pressings with different artwork and/or IFPI Codes and matrix are completely irrelevant here. You cannot prove that the Discovery Systems pressing is earlier then the standard Nimbus one.

I'm aware that Nimbus pressed CD's earlier then 1986 but not from Metal bands which is what I'm talking about. All you are doing is spreading hearsay.

The fact that this cannot be determined is why I often tell those that ask such specific questions to be content with either pressing and there is really no way to tell.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote: I'm aware that Nimbus pressed CD's earlier then 1986 but not from Metal bands.
How do you know that? Proof? you are just spreading hearsay. Can you prove using hard, undisputable evidence that the japaneese presings of Combat CDs are earlier than their Nimbus counterparts? I don't think so. It's is based on logical conclusions, not on actual facts that can be proven here and now. Well I can draw my own logical conclusions from the available facts and one of them is that it is very likely (close to certain) that Discovery Systems pressing of SBG is earlier than any of the Nimbus pressings and that Combat started using Nimbus in 1988. I don't expect you to be able to follow my thinking path though, as you seem to only agree with your own "I've heard", "from what I know" theories while demanding hard evidence from others.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote: I'm aware that Nimbus pressed CD's earlier then 1986 but not from Metal bands.
How do you know that? Proof? you are just spreading hearsay. Can you prove using hard, undisputable evidence that the japaneese presings of Combat CDs are earlier than their Nimbus counterparts? I don't think so. It's is based on logical conclusions, not on actual facts that can be proven here and now. Well I can draw my own logical conclusions from the available facts and one of them is that it is very likely (close to certain) that Discovery Systems pressing of SBG is earlier than any of the Nimbus pressings and that Combat started using Nimbus in 1988. I don't expect you to be able to follow my thinking path though, as you seem to only agree with your own "I've heard", "from what I know" theories while demanding hard evidence from others.
Exactly. Which is why I use the terms "From what I know" and "I've heard" because I do not know with 100% certainty. But you insistently claim that your OPINION is fact as if written in stone for some reason.

How do you know that the Discovery Systems pressing is also not from 1988? You don’t. So instead of making claims that one is earlier then the other why not just say it’s possible that either is or neither are earlier then the other. It's okay to say you don't know.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Is there a cd bootleg of Astharoth - Gloomy Experiments out there?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote: How do you know that the Discovery Systems pressing is also not from 1988? You don’t. So instead of making claims that one is earlier then the other why not just say it’s possible that either is or neither are earlier then the other. It's okay to say you don't know.
It is even possible that DS press is from 1991, but it is highly unlikely. My "story" seems by far the most probable, although I can't prove it. This is what I am saying.

By the way, has anyone seen Heathen's 1987 Breaking the Silence album on Nimbus?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Fabeldyr wrote:Is there a cd bootleg of Astharoth - Gloomy Experiments out there?
I don't think. There's a legit reissue on Metal Mind. Great album, one of my fav from Poland...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:By the way, has anyone seen Heathen's 1987 Breaking the Silence album on Nimbus?
I've never seen one.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: I've never seen one.
This gives more strenght to his theory ... but of course, we can't be sure 100%. It could be specific for each cd whatever pressing comes first, and not possible to apply this 'rule' on the general scenario.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/230366

Is this official CD or some bootleg? The other Alchemy CDs I can think of come with different cat. numbers (002CD - Guillotine, 003CD - Virulence, 004CD - Paranoia .... ). All are from 1989 though. This one comes with same cat. number as the vinyl.

:?:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

We talked about this cd a couple of times in the past. It's clearly not an original Alchemy early press (it has even a transparent tray...).
Could be a later legit press, but unlikely ... actually I never saw this cd in the early ebay days (=before the bootleg frenzy), but better hear somebody else too.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Is this same Alchemy Records still around? I thought it was defunct?
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

2 questions about 220 Volt - Mind Over Muscle:

1. 2001 Metal Rendezvouz press, is it legit or boot?
2. Is there any JPN press, or 1. is only cd press??
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Osmi_Putnik wrote:2 questions about 220 Volt - Mind Over Muscle:

1. 2001 Metal Rendezvouz press, is it legit or boot?
2. Is there any JPN press, or 1. is only cd press??
This "Metal Rendezvouz" pressing is the only CD version. I do not know if it's a bootleg or not as I have never seen confirmation of either.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

Anyone nows what this one is? Boot or licenced reissue?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Description says:
"EVIL EYE ENTERTAINMENT REISSUE LABEL"
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

apollo.ra wrote:Anyone nows what this one is? Boot or licenced reissue?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Description says:
"EVIL EYE ENTERTAINMENT REISSUE LABEL"
CD-R bootleg by the owner of Retrospect. That goes for all Evil Eye Records "releases".