Insane Ebay Auctions - CD (2013)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Even though it's a second press, it is just as hard to find as any other of the wanted Crypta Reccords releases. It can't really be compared with represses that takes place years after. Remember that Crypta Records was only around for a couple of years and everything was released between 1992-94. 8 years ago one could find them cheap on German ebay. Most of my Crypta stuff I got from there.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Plus the music on this album (and Values) ROCKS :)
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Fabeldyr wrote:Even though it's a second press, it is just as hard to find as any other of the wanted Crypta Reccords releases. It can't really be compared with represses that takes place years after. Remember that Crypta Records was only around for a couple of years and everything was released between 1992-94. 8 years ago one could find them cheap on German ebay. Most of my Crypta stuff I got from there.
Many Crypta-titles such as Suiciety or Verwaint are still cheap, just few records like Gorement and the two Chemical Breath record got such insane prices. :?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Add Agretator. It does not even show up so its hard to tell how much it would go for!
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Heathen wrote:Add Agretator. It does not even show up so its hard to tell how much it would go for!
Yeah, I meant 'records like...' and not that Gorement and Chemical Breath would be the only records with these prices. :)
This one can be added as well: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330843808356 ... 500wt_1180
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Krhoma Death is up there too. I remember it sold for 200+ once. Damien Breed is also probably 100+. Decision D, Media in Morte, Suiciety - probably around 30-40. Don't know about Aleister, Pagandom, Pygmalion, Cripple and Verwaint. Burst can't be much since it's not metal. I wonder if some unknown titles from that label will show up suddenly one day. Could be interesting.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Collectors pay big money for first pressings because they are first pressings. If all you care about is the music then there are other cheaper (if not free) and more accessible methods of acquiring it. Paying around the same price for a repress is pointless in my opinion.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Collectors pay big money for rare items that most people want but don't have . The second press is as rare as the first one and on the same label. While I agree the first press should be more expensive, I perfectly understand why the second press is expensive too.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:Collectors pay big money for first pressings because they are first pressings. If all you care about is the music then there are other cheaper (if not free) and more accessible methods of acquiring it. Paying around the same price for a repress is pointless in my opinion.
Some people (like me) buy first presses because that is the only way to get an album in a non-bootleg form (on CD).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Collectors pay big money for rare items that most people want but don't have . The second press is as rare as the first one and on the same label. While I agree the first press should be more expensive, I perfectly understand why the second press is expensive too.
How do you know that it's of the same rarity? Do you have confirmation of how many copies the label put out of each pressing?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:Collectors pay big money for rare items that most people want but don't have . The second press is as rare as the first one and on the same label. While I agree the first press should be more expensive, I perfectly understand why the second press is expensive too.
How do you know that it's of the same rarity? Do you have confirmation of how many copies the label put out of each pressing?
Well, some sources have claimed that the Gorement cd was pressed in 1000 copies (it's even written in the Darkness of the Dead booklet), and that the Agretator was only 500 (don't remember where to be honest). Both are from 1994, and so are all the second presses that label made of their pre-1994 releases. I guess it's not unlikely that there was 1000 of each title, so maybe 500 first press, 500 second press?? I know distribution was a tragedy and it was hard to get their titles outside of Germany. Yeah, I'd pick the firstpresses, of course (though I already have it), but I'd go for the second press too when it's as hard to find as this.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
educated guess. But it can go either way, maybe the first press is 1500 copies, and the second press 500 copies?
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

I think they did a re-press for Fatal Exposure because it was already hard to get in 1994 when Values came out so the people got an easier access to the earlier album. As Values only had 500 copies pressed the Fatal Exposure repress won't have much more.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

thrashidolatry wrote:I think they did a re-press for Fatal Exposure because it was already hard to get in 1994 when Values came out so the people got an easier access to the earlier album. As Values only had 500 copies pressed the Fatal Exposure repress won't have much more.
Not sure if it was hard to get in 1994, because it was unknown. I rather think they just re-marketed it together with the 1994 batch of releases + with the new crypta logo and supposed WB distribution deal, and a correction of song title spelling mistake. I used to have both versions but only kept the firspress. I wouldn't be too surprised if the cd has same matrix for both.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »