Insane Ebay Auctions - CD (2013)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Avenger wrote:
Warepire wrote:
Avenger wrote:
I discredited that for reasons already stated. 1995 Makes sense to me.
While I don't have the Holy Terror CDs specifically I have other Japanese CDs and I just checked, most of them have the same Kanji-character in front of the price as in front of the later date. Therefor I discredit your reasoning that the later date is guaranteed to be the release-date.
I have the First Holy Terror CD but we aren't talking about that one. You cannot dispute that IFPI Codes came into effect in 1994.
Then I misread slightly, but it doesn't really matter because I don't own the Onslaught either.
And I didn't say I was disputing that IFPI codes were launched in 1994, I know they were launched in 1994. Unless the plant Pony Canyon used was part of some trail launch I never heard of, which is highly unlikely. It is much more likely something happened and the pressing was delayed which makes it printed in 1994 or later compared to the intended 1993. But since none of us were there when the license was acquired nor when the pressing happened we can only speculate to why the CD has an IFPI code. All I was trying to do was explain why the later written date on a Japan CD isn't the release date, and if you read carefully what I wrote before, you will also see that I didn't claim the first date was a release date. Please don't try to make my posts say more than I write.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Avenger wrote:I don't know about that Helloween CD but my guess regarding the Onslaught CD is the first date is the date when the license was acquired and the second was the date the actual CD was released like copyright and publishing dates on other records.
that is just your guess as you can't read japanese. sometimes the back insert is saying about the release date for original album, here is an example, that is Helloween "Walls of Jericho" VICP-23159.

there are 3 dates

96.8.21 (85.11.1), 98.8.20 まで

so that means the original album was released on 1st NOV 1985, and this Japanese CD's release date is 21th AUG 1996, and the retails price will be validated to 20th AUG 1998.

check all japanese CDs you have. the date in near of "まで" is not the release date. i don't want to teach japanese language here
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

in fact, i am such person who didn't (and will not) care about ifpi code for japanese cd. but if the Holy Terror released on 1993 in japan has ifpi code, possible guess are 2.

1. some CDs released 1993 has ifpi code

or

2. the copies many people have is actually NOT 1st press

but japanese release year of the Holy Terror CD is 1993 if the pony canyon didn't write wrong information. that is true without any doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------

i found a web page taling about ifpi code, and it looks post 1994 CDs has ifpi code. if that is true, i think most people don't have the Holy Terror CD released on OCT 1993.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

gigadeth wrote:
Avenger wrote:I don't know about that Helloween CD but my guess regarding the Onslaught CD is the first date is the date when the license was acquired and the second was the date the actual CD was released like copyright and publishing dates on other records.
that is just your guess as you can't read japanese.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

gigadeth wrote:in fact, i am such person who didn't (and will not) care about ifpi code for japanese cd. but if the Holy Terror released on 1993 in japan has ifpi code, possible guess are 2.

1. some CDs released 1993 has ifpi code

or

2. the copies many people have is actually NOT 1st press

but japanese release year of the Holy Terror CD is 1993 if the pony canyon didn't write wrong information. that is true without any doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------

i found a web page taling about ifpi code, and it looks post 1994 CDs has ifpi code. if that is true, i think most people don't have the Holy Terror CD released on OCT 1993.
"Power From Hell" has an IFPI Code so I believe that it was pressed in 1995.

"Terror And Submission" does not have an IFPI Code so I believe it was pressed in 1993.

It's pretty simple.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Avenger wrote:"Power From Hell" has an IFPI Code so I believe that it was pressed in 1995.

"Terror And Submission" does not have an IFPI Code so I believe it was pressed in 1993.

It's pretty simple.
no, both was released in 1993. you can read "Music For Nations 10th Anniversary" from obi. the establishment year of Music For Nations is 1983 and in 1993, pony canyon released the series. all of them was released in 1993 and the retail price will be valiadated to 1995. if your copy has ifpi code, that is not 1st press if you care.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

After reading all of the above i just want to ask everyone here: did anyone ever see a copy of "Power From Hell" without IFPI code on matrix?
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Yakish wrote:After reading all of the above i just want to ask everyone here: did anyone ever see a copy of "Power From Hell" without IFPI code on matrix?
in fact, i don't collect japanese cd, and i have none of the 2 CDs, and moreover i don't care ifpi code for japanese cd. but what i can tell you is that

1. (if pony canyon did not write wrong information), both Onslaught and Holy Terror CD was released on 21th OCT 1993.

2. Holy Terror is mega rare even in japan, and Onslaught is also rare but not as much as Holy Terror. so possible guess is that Onslaught CD can be pressed more later, and they can have ifpi code. the year can be 1994 or 1995 or who know?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yakish wrote:After reading all of the above i just want to ask everyone here: did anyone ever see a copy of "Power From Hell" without IFPI code on matrix?
... or Holy Terror with IFPI code ?
Supremacy wrote: yep
at least mindwaves still sells at "normal" prices(60 average)
used to sell for a little more, but too many bad/lukewarm reviews killed the hype.
now the first cd is the one with all the hype
Fact is "Mindwaves" is quite easy to find, the debut cd... at all.
It has nothing to do with bad reviews IMHO... I like both albums btw, eventhough they sound very different.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

gigadeth wrote:
Avenger wrote:"Power From Hell" has an IFPI Code so I believe that it was pressed in 1995.

It's pretty simple.
no, both was released in 1993. you can read "Music For Nations 10th Anniversary" from obi. the establishment year of Music For Nations is 1983 and in 1993, pony canyon released the series. all of them was released in 1993 and the retail price will be valiadated to 1995. if your copy has ifpi code, that is not 1st press if you care.
Show me a copy without an IFPI Code.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Avenger wrote:Show me a copy without an IFPI Code.
i am talking about FACT.

do you know oricon? that is such thing in Japan as like "bill board" of USA.

the oricon database is also saying the release date is 21th OCT 1993

http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/release/d/176767/1/

but why CDs most people have have ifpi code? I DON'T KNOW. i don't work for pony canyon.

but if you believe the release year is 1995 because of 1995 "まで", that is 1000% wrong because that is not release date.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

i have asked some japanese sellers if anybody has the Onslaught CD without ifpi. and one of them said his CD doesn't have ifpi code. ok, so it seems the CD was released on OCT 1993 as scheduled.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

gigadeth wrote:i have asked some japanese sellers if anybody has the Onslaught CD without ifpi. and one of them said his CD doesn't have ifpi code. ok, so it seems the CD was released on OCT 1993 as scheduled.
But IFPI codes were not introduced until sometime during 1994. Most probably the copyright and production rights were acquired October 1993 but something happened and pressing was delayed. Or do the sellers specifically remember being able to buy this CD back in 1993?
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Warepire wrote:
gigadeth wrote:i have asked some japanese sellers if anybody has the Onslaught CD without ifpi. and one of them said his CD doesn't have ifpi code. ok, so it seems the CD was released on OCT 1993 as scheduled.
But IFPI codes were not introduced until sometime during 1994. Most probably the copyright and production rights were acquired October 1993 but something happened and pressing was delayed. Or do the sellers specifically remember being able to buy this CD back in 1993?
as many people say his cd has ifpi code, i guessed the cd's release was delayed some months with some problems. but one japanese say his cd doesn't have ifpi code. then the guess is wrong, and most people doesn't have 1st press. that is all.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

gigadeth wrote:
Warepire wrote:
as many people say his cd has ifpi code, i guessed the cd's release was delayed some months with some problems. but one japanese say his cd doesn't have ifpi code. then the guess is wrong, and most people doesn't have 1st press. that is all.
Sorry, I misread your post. Then yes, it is highly possible there is a pressing run from October 1993 and that it is just very rare.