Insane Ebay Auctions - CD (2013)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:Collectors pay big money for rare items that most people want but don't have . The second press is as rare as the first one and on the same label. While I agree the first press should be more expensive, I perfectly understand why the second press is expensive too.
How do you know that it's of the same rarity? Do you have confirmation of how many copies the label put out of each pressing?
educated guess.
Exactly my point. If you can't prove this then it's not a valid reason. If it was of higher rarity then it would make sense but if it's not why pay first pressing price for a re-press?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Burzum is juvenile amateur crap anyway.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
How do you know that it's of the same rarity? Do you have confirmation of how many copies the label put out of each pressing?
educated guess.
Exactly my point. If you can't prove this then it's not a valid reason. If it was of higher rarity then it would make sense but if it's not why pay first pressing price for a re-press?
Because the re-press appears more often I guess.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

No. Both versions appear with the same frequency and since they are from the same label no matter which one pops up, people who don't own a copy want to have it and bid hard.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger, you are arguing with the market price, there is no point in doing that. If people frequently pay 150-200$ for this then it is worth 150$-200$, period, you have to just deal with it. Many people in here pointed out why it is worth that much, including Helstar above.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

I just checked sales history at Discogs....First press of said Chemical Breath cd sold for 13.90 Euroes in 2010 :shock:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

the sales history on discogs is not working correctly. It does not show some sales I know have occured.

I remember about 2 years ago when I found out about Chemical Breath (2 years, I'm a poser, I know) and started to tentatively look for a CD I saw a guy listing it (I think part of his name was "forrester") for 45$ buy it now and I thought "noooo thats far too steep, will wait for a better chance" ;)

Oh and I checked and the so called second pressing has exactly the same matrix as the first press, including the 11-92 part at the end. Looks like they just redid (is this a word?) the inserts and took the CD from the original run.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

:lol: that was me !

CHEMICAL BREATH-FATAL EXPOSURE CD Thrash rare
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:29:27
Prezzo di vendita:US $45,00
Venditore: aor_forester

The funny thing is that an italian guy (a metal drummer, favourite bands Sacrificial, Jumpin Jesus and Magnus, go figure !) also wanted this cd, looked at the auction and didn't buy it... apparently for no reason ^^ sometimes you don't understand a good deal when you have one just there, in your hands... it appears "too easy" so you let it go (happened to me too...).

After some time he talked to me about that auction (not knowing I won it myself), closing the chat with "I think I'll regret that auction for the rest of my life" :)
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

this I didn't expect! but at least my memory serves me correct. I had chances later on too, but each time it was more and more. In the end I got that one from Amazon for 40€ or so.
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Helstar wrote:sometimes you don't understand a good deal when you have one just there, in your hands... it appears "too easy" so you let it go
Exactly, only last year there were first press Apocalypse - Faithless and s/t on a local site for about 30$ each, I should've taken these two for sure, but it appeared that I'd have all the time in the world to buy them and the other week both were gone. :oops:
Troma

Post by Troma »

I got both version from amazon too in 2011 I think. At first the second press for 10€, few month later the 1992 one for 20€. I'm not sure if this was big luck or if this were the usually prices back then. The music is great and somehow reminds of Obliveon.
humus

Post by humus »

Fabeldyr wrote:I just checked sales history at Discogs....First press of said Chemical Breath cd sold for 13.90 Euroes in 2010 :shock:
I've said this a few times before, but a few years ago they were selling Chemical breath deadstock in a Belgian CD-chain for €15.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

At some point (in 1992 and then also 1994) they were sold in many places, NEW, for about 20.000 lire (10 euro), imagine this :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Avenger, you are arguing with the market price, there is no point in doing that. If people frequently pay 150-200$ for this then it is worth 150$-200$, period, you have to just deal with it. Many people in here pointed out why it is worth that much, including Helstar above.
Actually, I asked why and the answers I received were based on assumptions and therefore are not of any value. I think it comes down to those bidding not knowing that there is an earlier pressing which would confirm my thoughts that these guys are idiots (do not know what they are buying).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:the sales history on discogs is not working correctly. It does not show some sales I know have occured.

I remember about 2 years ago when I found out about Chemical Breath (2 years, I'm a poser, I know) and started to tentatively look for a CD I saw a guy listing it (I think part of his name was "forrester") for 45$ buy it now and I thought "noooo thats far too steep, will wait for a better chance" ;)

Oh and I checked and the so called second pressing has exactly the same matrix as the first press, including the 11-92 part at the end. Looks like they just redid (is this a word?) the inserts and took the CD from the original run.
This would still make the "first press" the copy with the errors and 1992 date on the inserts. The 1994 pressing obviously corrected the problem while using the same discs but was still released for sale to the public at a later date.