Insane Ebay Auctions - CD (2013)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Buying sealed CDs pressed by PDO UK (1990-1993) or Discovery Systems USA is suicide.

PDO UK had a faulty finish on their CDs during this time, causing the data layer to react to the chemicals in the booklets and corrode (aka CD Bronzing). The longer the exposure, the worse this will be. If the CD has been sealed, the exposure would be the maximum possible.

Discovery Systems we know made CDs of inferior quality, some even fail on their own after a while, seemingly without reason, sealed copies may be unplayable.

I no longer prefer to buy sealed CDs thanks to this.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok we can cross those two exceptions from the rest then :P

Anything else ? Humidity ? Heating ? Flooding ? Hurricanes ? Godzilla ? :lol:
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Hard to say which cds will deteriorate over time. I've found one in my collection that has corroded - an Amorphis cd from 1994. Standard Nuclear Blast cd, printed in thousands. The logo on the labelside has become visible on the playable side, which makes the cd unplayable. This cd has been kept on a shelve for years, just like the rest of my cds. It hasn't been exposed to anything out of the ordinary.
Lama

Post by Lama »

Fabeldyr wrote:Hard to say which cds will deteriorate over time. I've found one in my collection that has corroded - an Amorphis cd from 1994. Standard Nuclear Blast cd, printed in thousands. The logo on the labelside has become visible on the playable side, which makes the cd unplayable. This cd has been kept on a shelve for years, just like the rest of my cds. It hasn't been exposed to anything out of the ordinary.
I've had the same thing with my original Nuclear Blast "The Jester Race"-cd from In Flames (yeah I know...have a spot spot for this one, the only one I like from this band haha). I hadn't played it in years, and when the urge came up to play it again, I noticed the logo on the playable side and lots of black dots. A couple of months ago a friend sent me a text message that he experienced the same thing, also a Nuclear Blast-cd from around 1997 (forgot which one it is).
Kampel Destruction
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok we all need to check these mid 90s NB cds then ... :?
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

That In Flames - Jester Race is famous for this problem. I keep checking my two copies every couple of months because of that. So far nothing :)
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Usurper - Divine Spiritual And Intellectual Development US $650.00. If buy it now auctions count. :)
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

emperor.zola wrote:Usurper - Divine Spiritual And Intellectual Development US $650.00. If buy it now auctions count. :)
Only if they actually get sold.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

This is the second time he/she puts this on selling ? First one sold for $510 ...
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Helstar wrote:This is the second time he/she puts this on selling ? First one sold for $510 ...
Why he has several copies to give away? :?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Leprosy - Wicked Reich CD avanzada press... 711 usd. New record :?:
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

emperor.zola wrote:Leprosy - Wicked Reich CD avanzada press... 711 usd. New record :?:
Crazy! But it's the first time on eBay anyway?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

thrashidolatry wrote:
emperor.zola wrote:Leprosy - Wicked Reich CD avanzada press... 711 usd. New record :?:
Really?? I vaguely remember seeing another copy not that long ago but I could be wrong ...

Anyhow, congratulations on winning this one, fellow forum member :D
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

sovdat wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:
Really?? I vaguely remember seeing another copy not that long ago but I could be wrong ...

Anyhow, congratulations on winning this one, fellow forum member :D
Who won it? :)