Oblachnyj Kraj

...and all CD issues goes here.
Pestkrieg

Oblachnyj Kraj

Post by Pestkrieg »

Discogs says Облачный Край has a 2009 cd reissue, remastered, with a load of liner notes.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can locate it? Love this record!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Is this concerning the S/T 1990 album? If so, this belongs in "Metal Conquest".

Let me know and I will act accordingly.
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

It's about the reissue of the 1990 album reviewed on this site.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

You mean "Свободы захотели?" or "Облачный Край" ?

In any casethey were both re-mastered and re-released by Oblachnyij Kraj own label during the last 2-3 years

Booklet is a simple 4-page panel but rich of notes and information written in very small letters...but definitively interesting for those w-ho can understand russian. Remastering is really good and it sounds 10 times better.

There are 2 different releases: the first batch of re-releases came in standard jewel case issued by Antrop Record since 2008 with inner liner notes. The second half came in slim black vcd-box in 2009 with no inner liner notes: in this serie there are the first albums. In any case you can see every image of the reissues on Discogs as I uploaded all the images that you can see. I have them all except the S/T 1991 that is still the previous (old) unmastered edition....I should buy the remastered one, one day

Be careful: if you apply to the official website you'll probably:

1) get no answer
2) be charged 4 times the actual retail price because you're a non-russian

It's better if you find some russian friend, so he can buy at the real price and then ask him to send to you. Otherwise prepare to pay 15 euros + delivery for each CD, instead of 4 euro

There should be also the Play Shop in St. Peterburg who carries them. It's in Karavannaja Ulicha, near the Gostinny Dvor Subway Station and the river, in a very beautiful and old style shop (ah I miss my russian 2011/2012 winter trip...)

You can see the email+addeess at the bottom of this page:

http://www.bomba-piter.ru/shop/

I don't know any other shop who carries the re-releases. They were sold only through the official website
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

jnfernal wrote:Be careful: if you apply to the official website you'll probably:

1) get no answer
2) be charged 4 times the actual retail price because you're a non-russian
That's terrible!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I love russia and russian people, my 3 months in siberia last winter and a few days in Moskva and St. Peterburg were really unforgettable and I met people unique in the world. So beautiful that I am seriously thinking to move to Siberia and settle down there definitively at the end of my 1/2/3 years trip in Asia.

But at the same time there are some people who try to make money on foreigners, in a way that our so-infamous italian mafia looks like a league of gentmelen, compared to them. And mr. Plenov, the man behind the reissues is one of them: he charged me almost 300 euros for 10 CD's (including delivery: he said 50 euros for delivery....) while on the old website thei costed around 4/5 euros each because "that is price for russian customers only". His own words.

well, it's not a matter of russia only, of course. It's proper of every mafious-ultracapitalistic society where most of welfare/richness comes from dubious, unclear and not completely legal sources/methods.
Everywhere I go in Asia is always like that: foreigners have money so they should pay more. I don't like it. First of all is racist (we rich, we pay) and then it's simply unfair. It's not our fault if retail prices are lower in some countries and higher in other countries. Why should we pay more for some situation that we did not create? Just because westerners = richer ?
So I pretend to buy cigarettes in Finland for 2 euros instead of 8 euros because I come from a poorer country. Same thing, isnt' it?

So, try to find some good and honest contact in russia (and there are so many, fortunately: all the people I met in 6 months were more than honest and helpful in any possible way) and ask them to buy at local price and just pay them a little and due extra for their help.