Aurophon "Brainstorm" CD series bootlegs

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Aurophon "Brainstorm" CD series bootlegs

Post by Avenger »

Split into a separate thread. /Mod

It's very hard to find an original "Death Squad" on Aurophon. The bootlegs are very close to the original.
Last edited by Avenger on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:It's very hard to find an original "Death Squad" on Aurophon. The bootlegs are very close to the original.
I took one off amazon for 28€ (it's been listed for months) so I wanted to check if the price was OK. looks original...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:It's very hard to find an original "Death Squad" on Aurophon. The bootlegs are very close to the original.
I took one off amazon for 28€ (it's been listed for months) so I wanted to check if the price was OK. looks original...
Post a scan.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Post a scan.
I added these photos:
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3893685
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Post a scan.
I added these photos:
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3893685
I believe I have a bootleg replice copy sitting at home. Even the Matrix is almost identical. If I recall correctly you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference from that photo.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I'd be very surprised if it was a boot. I may not have the bootleg to compare, but I know how an original matrix from these days looks like (including the tiny details) and I can compare it to any original ACTIVE records CD made in France by MPO in 1990 (Like "the edge of eternity") which was done using the very same pressing machine. The text is identical. This would be the best bootleg in the world by far ;)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

If I remember well I should have detailed scans of inlays/cd of an original Darkness on Brainstorm (I made them myself before trading the cd as it was in quite bad shape)

But the jpgs are on the desktop, which is at the moment unaccessible ^^
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

When I am at home I will post a scan of the boot and you can see for yourself. I was only able to tell by looking at it in person.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I'd prefer a scan of the original...
Troma

Post by Troma »

this might not help you but

I also bought my copy a year ago from german amazon listed as new for 15€ or so, which looks exactly like yours, also had a slightly wavy backinsert.

same matrix, thick paper. I can not imagine that it is a fake, but I can not promise.

If it is one, it's really one of the best.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Troma wrote:this might not help you but

I also bought my copy a year ago from german amazon listed as new for 15€ or so, which looks exactly like yours, also had a slightly wavy backinsert.

same matrix, thick paper. I can not imagine that it is a fake, but I can not promise.

If it is one, it's really one of the best.
mine too has wavy backinseert in corners. I also am 99,9% sure its original.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Here's the Darkness "Death Squad" four scans I made back in 2001:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2jrywwjnsoos47

Missing the play side :\
Last edited by Helstar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

My copy is same as Helstar's without the "Lordisc" in matrix ... Can do a scan of the playing side if needed.

So the Lordisc version is a bootleg then?
Troma

Post by Troma »

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... 048e889453

I remember there is also a Defenders of Justice with LORDDISC. Was the whole aurohon series bootleged?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

I am more than sure it's all because of Avenger's guesses.
First he asked me about scans of this Darkness and first S.D.I. CD on Aurophon
When i sent them to him he said that his Darkness looks the same as mine and this is bootleg. I tried to explain it's not a bootleg, just another version printed in Germany while version with "LORDISC" matrix it's also pure legit version, but printed in France.
He didn't believe me and asked here. So, seems like everyone has this german version with matrix with offset or LORDISC matrix without offset. Both are legit first pressings from 1990. Everything is clear for me, because a guy who bought this CDs (Darkness & S.D.I.) promised that he bought them sealed in 1991 in Moscow.
Shaun, please relax and stop scaring owners of Darkness CDs. All pressings are real, no fakes. This offset of digits in matrix is OK. I saw a few (not many of course) old CDs with offsets made in early '90, all were authentical.