Aurophon "Brainstorm" CD series bootlegs

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

GandALF wrote:
Yakish wrote:Many questions about old CDs will stay unanswered, until someone who was related in producing them back in those ancient days can tell us.
For example:
Why 2 on 1 versions of Gravestone and Stormwitch on Scratch Records (Japan) or 2 on 1 Artillery on Roadrunner version omitted tracks?
Because the cd pressing plant in Hannover was built by Philips following their initial specification of 60 minute capacity, and it took them awhile to update it to accommodate the 74 min format. It was a technical limitation at the time and those 2-on-1 had to be shortened to 60 minutes.
THANK YOU! It is very useful information, and i could just guess about it before, but now i know for sure. But here's still exist one question. Length of Gravestone 2 on 1 on Scratch is more than one hour. It's more than 63 minutes (omitted one track)
Stormwitch length 2 on 1 on Scratch Japan also more than one hour. It's 66 minutes. (omitted two tracks)
So, seems like theory about "specification of 60 minute capacity" not work for these releases? Also in both cases missing songs were not at the end of album! Why they omitted tracks in chaotic order? Also i don't believe it's just a usual negligence of mastertape holders or sound engineers who made mastering for CD and as result absence of several songs. I guess answer hidden not in holding capacity, but in right holders or something like that. I know it's a wild guess and could sounds stupid, but probably GAMA hadn't all rights to print whole album on CD format, just main part except a few tracks. If not this, what else?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I know this will not answer your "over 60 minutes" question, but when they omit tracks there is no law that says they must cut the last tracks, if it is not a license issue (as it might be as well) I think they cut the tracks they find least interesting.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GandALF wrote:Third: A label may work with a dealer, who uses multiple pressing plants. Like for instance for early Stormspell releases I used a local dealer called New Cyberian who works with at least 3 different plants, maybe even more. They would never tell you the name of the plants since this is how they make their profit, so even I don't know where some of my releases have been pressed...
I learned something new here, However, there is always a way to tell where modern CD's were pressed and that's from the IFPI Codes.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/130809260472?ssP ... 1438.l2649

apparently apoisontree also thinks this is an original.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:http://www.ebay.pl/itm/130809260472?ssP ... 1438.l2649

Everybody makes mistakes...

Gunmann22 once sold a Target bootleg to sovdat on ebay that he claimed was legit as well.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:

This of course includes you :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:

This of course includes you :)
True and when I do make them I admit it.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Vectom "Speed Revolution" scans, same Darkness 'era' (early 00) http://www.mediafire.com/?1j8r2pwn0x1cwud

And it's another AU press made in W.Germany :\

It's more than 2 years that I was supposed to trade with an italian guy some other Brainstorm cds (he has spare copies since a dozen of years), but seems unlikely now after all this time (he has no more interest in music due to health problems)... :?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

what do you mean by "Darkness 'era' (early 00)" ? you say that this version was manufactured in 2000-2005?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

No, that I made both scans in 2001 (more or less)...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/419267

Seems so. (I usually trust the guy that made this entry)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm not sure. Although the copy that I had in the past was manufactured by Lordisc.
Totalthrash

Death Squad cds

Post by Totalthrash »

Heathen's Death Squad cd is legit.

I have had my Death Squad cd for literally 16-17 years. I bought it
in 1996 or maybe, long before any bootlegs existed.

My Death Squad cd looks exactly like that.

The spacing in the font is exactly the same and my cd is missing the letters Piliz
as well.

Sorry Avenger, I think you are wrong on this one.
Avenger

Re: Death Squad cds

Post by Avenger »

Totalthrash wrote:Heathen's Death Squad cd is legit.

I have had my Death Squad cd for literally 16-17 years.
+$1.00 into my bank account :lol:

So, explain the other pressing then?

I don't exactly take your opinion on the matter as creditable.