Judgement Day - Switzerland - Info needed!

...and all CD issues goes here.
LethylSteel

Judgement Day - Switzerland - Info needed!

Post by LethylSteel »

I guess this is mainly a task for the swiss members.
I recieved a CD of a swiss Power Metal band called Judgement Day.
The CD seems to be from 1988 or 89 according to the second part which features live stuff recorded in 1988 (first part is a demo). There's no other info, no band members, no year of release, just a one-sided cover and backcover with only featurng the songtitles.

Does anyone know if there's indeed a Hellhammer/Messiah drummer playing as the seller claimed? And who are the other members, plus is it an official CD? It looks quite old though and the CD looks pro done also.

Soundsample:
http://letitbit.net/download/53527.5847 ... 1.mp3.html

Doesn't it sound great? One of the best swiss Power Metal bands besides Dark Samhain for me. In places on this track they do sound like Graven Image!
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Stormspell

Re: Judgement Day - Switzerland - Info needed!

Post by Stormspell »

File Not found...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Download works for me, this is not really awesome, they sound unstructured and this sample surely has an original source as a tape, no question.

Is the CD silver or a CD-R? Can you give us some photos? Anything that might help.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Although on the first view the CD looked koscher, by the second view Argus saw that it's a CDR with a sticker on. So it's definitely not a 1988 release. Somehow I expected something like that.

Sound "unstructured"?? Canb you tell me a "structured" sounding swiss band please? :D
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

LethylSteel wrote:Although on the first view the CD looked koscher, by the second view Argus saw that it's a CDR with a sticker on. So it's definitely not a 1988 release. Somehow I expected something like that.
Figured it was something like that, CD-Rs showed up in 1995 or so, but I'll guess it's newer than that (most 1995 CD-Rs are long deteriorated beyond ripping ability)
LethylSteel wrote:Sound "unstructured"?? Canb you tell me a "structured" sounding swiss band please? :D
Not really, no. Perhaps Stonefield.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

acording to my info the cdr contains:

Demo 1988
Rehearsal songs 1988
Live 1988

so I guess it was a pretty short lived band