Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:Oh and the version pictured in the middle a coulpe of posts above that Avenger said is a 100% bootleg is original.
But it's not. Very close but not quite.
Now even the Drowned owner says they were pressing CDs via tecnodisc, do you still think this one pressed by tecnodisk pictured several posts back is a boot and only the DADC is original? Well I don't.
I never said all "tecnodisk" copies were bootlegs. I said that the photo provided was a bootleg of a tecnodisk copy. Don't put words in my mouth.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

Helstar wrote:Purtenance existed factory sealed, trust me ;)

However, never trust new Drowned copies sold now, always ask and be prepared to spot boots.
There exist machines that they seal. Years ago were very common in many distribution shops
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Yakish wrote:Bootleg, right? It was new and sealed, so i think we need to add this new boot for bootleg database.

And here's the one with the "DRAWNED" matrix but looks very authentic:
And 100% original with "DADC AUSTRIA" matrix:
I have the one pictured in the middle. Of course I can not be 100% sure, but I've had this one for ages, long before anyone would consider it a collectors item and start bootlegs.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

c4d4v3r wrote: There exist machines that they seal. Years ago were very common in many distribution shops
It didn't look like a 'home made' seal. Pity I didn't take a photo before shipping it.

Ps. That cd had a strange vertical 'bend' line on the backcover, on the left side (or maybe the right, can't remember exactly)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Fabeldyr wrote:I have the one pictured in the middle. Of course I can not be 100% sure, but I've had this one for ages, long before anyone would consider it a collectors item and start bootlegs.
Me too... had this one for years!!!!!!!! ..never considered it a bootleg, but always questioned the DRAWNED spelling error, can anyone verify if this is maybe a second pressing???
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Marken

Post by Marken »

Ok, I have noe idea about bootleg vs. original, so this is probably a stupid question, but are these cd's bootlegs?

Pariah - The Kindred (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7528 01)
Pariah - Blaze Of Obscurity (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7595 01)
Pariah - Unity (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7528 01)

I'm sure that the Blaze Of Obscurity is a bootleg. I thought the other two were originals when I bought them, but since the matrix number is almost the same, I guess those are bootlegs too?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Marken wrote:Ok, I have noe idea about bootleg vs. original, so this is probably a stupid question, but are these cd's bootlegs?

Pariah - The Kindred (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7528 01)
Pariah - Blaze Of Obscurity (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7595 01)
Pariah - Unity (matrix CDP-BERLIN 85-7528 01)

I'm sure that the Blaze Of Obscurity is a bootleg. I thought the other two were originals when I bought them, but since the matrix number is almost the same, I guess those are bootlegs too?
Post pics of the matrices and I'll tell you.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Sorry, I have now tried to take pictures from every angle and in every room in my house, but none of the pictures are sharp enough. Guess I'm just as lousy being a photographer than checking fake-cd's. Thanks anyway!

The cover of Blaze Of Obscurity has a "frame" around the cover, and I have seen the original, so I'm sure that's a bootleg. None of the two others has that "frame", if that has anything to do with it.

The printing of the matrix is also just a little bit bigger on The Kindred than on the other two,
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Just point the flash light of the camera directly into the "hole" of the CD and it has to come off well. No skills needed :)
Marken

Post by Marken »

Haha, got a couple of bad pictures, but I'm not even sure how to upload them to this site. Sorry, my computer-skills sucks. Send me a PM if I can send them to you on your e-mail address, but it's no big deal :wink:
Troma

Post by Troma »

Marken wrote:Haha, got a couple of bad pictures, but I'm not even sure how to upload them to this site. Sorry, my computer-skills sucks. Send me a PM if I can send them to you on your e-mail address, but it's no big deal :wink:
if you have any other Steamhammer CD from the 80s/90s you can comapare the font of both matrix codes. The original should be more edgy/blocky like the DRAWNED matrix of the demigod Cd which has been posted above ^
Marken

Post by Marken »

Troma wrote:
Marken wrote:Haha, got a couple of bad pictures, but I'm not even sure how to upload them to this site. Sorry, my computer-skills sucks. Send me a PM if I can send them to you on your e-mail address, but it's no big deal :wink:
if you have any other Steamhammer CD from the 80s/90s you can comapare the font of both matrix codes. The original should be more edgy/blocky like the DRAWNED matrix of the demigod Cd which has been posted above ^
Thanks for the tip, but Heathen has already given me the answers. The Kindred is original, the other two are bootlegs.
ensiferum2k12

Post by ensiferum2k12 »

anyone ever seen a bootleg of gorement - ending quest?

is this legit?

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I don't know if there are bootlegs, but what you posted is 100% original P+O Compact Disc pressing plant matrix from those days.
ensiferum2k12

Post by ensiferum2k12 »

thank you :>