Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
uglijimus

Post by uglijimus »

Yakish wrote:So, is it your auction? I can make it crystal clear! Matrix of original is:
THR 015 MPO 01 @
for both, black and red versions. Yours is bootleg, yes, very high quality made, but unofficial press

I don't believe so. I have this and did lots of research on it before bidding. There are people who bought this and well before the bootlegs even started and theirs is the same as this: a deep red, with a clear center and the matrix C. THR 015.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

uglijimus wrote:
Yakish wrote:So, is it your auction? I can make it crystal clear! Matrix of original is:
THR 015 MPO 01 @
for both, black and red versions. Yours is bootleg, yes, very high quality made, but unofficial press

I don't believe so. I have this and did lots of research on it before bidding. There are people who bought this and well before the bootlegs even started and theirs is the same as this: a deep red, with a clear center and the matrix C. THR 015.
You sound like the guy selling that copy for $160.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Did anyone else read this and just do a massive "facepalm" while doing so?

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... =1&t=92236

:roll:
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Oh yes i read it some days ago! I sincerely pity people who just faced with the bootleg problem. How many disappointments they have yet to go through...
And the most sad thing they (naive metalheads) continue supporting all these bastards who manufactured counterfeit crap. I have just one question WHY would not do even a quick search for information before buying? I always do that, yes, it takes some time, but all the fuss associated with money and fake cd return also take time, even more!
uglijimus

Post by uglijimus »

Avenger wrote:
You sound like the guy selling that copy for $160.
:D I wish, then I could have made around $50 profit.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure this copy is legit, but if this indeed is a professional bootleg, why wouldn't they just add the MPO 01 @ at the end of the matrix like the black one? If they are able to reproduce an official CD this authentically, they should have had no problem adding that MPO 01 @ at the end.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Then why lots of bootlegs have USDM matrix ? Or just band/album name ? Or incomplete matrix missing just "Made in/by ..." ? Or some stupid little typo errors (like for Cloven Hoof new boot or Target) ?

Ps. With this I'm not saying that the Sentenced is a boot. Nobody knows actually (I don't trust who say "I got this when it was out" and most of the times they are max 30 years old or even YOUNGER than the album itself !)
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Avenger wrote:Did anyone else read this and just do a massive "facepalm" while doing so?

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... =1&t=92236

:roll:
Yep. The thread truly shows how naive many collectors are, and many people in general. I met so many people that live in a world where everyone is 100% honest, sadly it's a sad little dreamworld that will come crashing down on them some day.
wom

Post by wom »

black or red disc with THR 015 MPO 01 @ is the safest way to go with that Sentenced.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

And aain, greek boot http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENTENCED-Shado ... 43b2632ca8
seller even wrote in description (cat. no. THOR015CD) = 100% bootleg. Why people continue bidding on this crap???
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:And aain, greek boot http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENTENCED-Shado ... 43b2632ca8
seller even wrote in description (cat. no. THOR015CD) = 100% bootleg. Why people continue bidding on this crap???
They are probably the same idiots that graze the Metal Archives forum. :lol:
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ouch, this is a nightmare for those who still have to find the originals...

Hilarious feedbacks from that seller profile:

"Not sure if it's original (rare item, seller has several). Still good. Thanx!"
"I doubt this is original (reversed logo) but its very vell done, and a rare item"

*double facepalm*
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

In other words:
"Seems like f**ucking bootleg, but i am in a good mood now and have no money and time to wait/search for original, so everything is ok!"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

No need to comment since you guys took the words out of my mouth. I'm glad to have bought these many years ago and am not concerned to be honest.