Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Yes, it was me, remember it well, we've talked with Helstar about Stormwitch CDs
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
Helstar wrote:We already talked about this cd sometime ago.
Indeed. Wasn't it heathen who asked the first time as well? Or maybe it was yakish...
Wasn't interested back then so I didn't even notice the subject. Apparently I was not the only one who missed it as it was our fellow forum member Emperor Zola who added it on Discogs as an original.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Heathen wrote: our fellow forum member Emperor Zola who added it on Discogs as an original.
Waaat ? Seriously ? :shock:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

wom

Post by wom »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Did you ask the seller :D ?
Last edited by Helstar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

I think it's original Oz pressing, looks like this one that is surely legit:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Cenotaph-The-Glo ... 337db133f8
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Yes, it's official first re-issue on OZ (with two booklets) from 1998. I have a copy for trade/sale if someone interested
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:is this legit? thanks in advance http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOCCULTA-Warnin ... 2a25ac1d96
Might be. But this guy sells so much bootlegs and shit that he shall not be supported at all.
Get a copy from Amazon instead.
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Ebay auctions need a comment section, maybe the counterfeit product awareness among buyers could increase by that feature. I can already see angry Ebay scammers defending their fake crap with excuses in front of all potential scam victims. :lol:
only the heaviest weather available
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Warepire wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:is this legit? thanks in advance http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOCCULTA-Warnin ... 2a25ac1d96
Might be. But this guy sells so much bootlegs and shit that he shall not be supported at all.
Get a copy from Amazon instead.
I don't oppose to what Warepire says (for sure he has a point) but if you decide to deal with this seller, I think you should ask him directly. As far as I know, he is quite trustworthy and sincere when he is being asked if something is bootleg or not. Of course i wouldn't bet my testicles on this... :lol: Nevertheless, I don't think this is a high risk CD neither.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Just buy the CD else where. It has been officially re-issued but this seller deals almost exclusively in bootlegs and shouldn't be supported.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Avenger wrote:Just buy the CD else where. It has been officially re-issued but this seller deals almost exclusively in bootlegs and shouldn't be supported.
Damn!! Ha,ha...He has a shitload of them, indeed!! The ratio is at least 1 out of 3!! All I have to mention for his defence (as you might suspected I know the guy) is that he always gives a warning ("later edition", "later private press" etc) when it comes to a bootleg and he doesn't try to pass it for original. On the other hand I think that it is fair enough to support mainly true professionals who are trying to a make a living by being 100% lawful and not encourage/reward anyone who is involved in any way with the bootleg industry.