Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Troma wrote:
Heathen wrote:anyone aware of a reissue or a bootled of assorted heap - mindwaves? one shop from germany keeps flooding it..

http://www.ebay.de/csc/i.html?_nkw=asso ... =1&_ipg=50
maybe just an old stock ?! who knows...

this guy also seem to have more copies of the AH.

http://www.ebay.de/sch/streetreadystore ... 4340.l2562

lets hope he found at least 50 copies of A.r.g and Invocator and will flood the market with em.
I won one of the auctions so I will let you know.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Does anyone know of a bootleg copy of Liege Lord "Freedom's Rise" on Black Dragon? Was there ever a bootleg of this?
Yes.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
wom

Post by wom »

As mentioned at the previous page, everyone seems to be selling the Demigod bootleg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Demigod-Slumber ... 4d025617e8

and another "sealed" copy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Demigod-Slumber ... 3cc7a9f909

PS Drowned has other rarities on their catalog too ...Another one bites the dust !
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Looks a lot like a CD-R too...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

I had a conversation yesterday with my girlfriend regarding boot vs legit Cds, our talk was ignited by Gotham City and how badly we both want an official reissue of their material,of course the boot shitty anthology came into the conversation but neither of us want it,also the endless debate of "if a legit copy of Lord is so rare and expensive,would you prefer having the boot or remain with nothing until you get lucky or it gets reissued" etc etc, so she asked me the obvious but basic question, how do you spot and recognize a boot Cd,considering she is not a corro member of course....basic hints i gave her was the quality of the booklet,the sound of the Cd,the matrix number....what else would you guys add??
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:I had a conversation yesterday with my girlfriend regarding boot vs legit Cds, our talk was ignited by Gotham City and how badly we both want an official reissue of their material,of course the boot shitty anthology came into the conversation but neither of us want it,also the endless debate of "if a legit copy of Lord is so rare and expensive,would you prefer having the boot or remain with nothing until you get lucky or it gets reissued" etc etc, so she asked me the obvious but basic question, how do you spot and recognize a boot Cd,considering she is not a corro member of course....basic hints i gave her was the quality of the booklet,the sound of the Cd,the matrix number....what else would you guys add??
The printing quality and position of the text on the non playing side of the disc. The font style. Typos. Colors being slightly different shades. The quality of the disc itself. Paper quality of the inserts. Often old original CD's have a slight yellowing to any white portions of the inserts. etc.
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

Don't buy Demigod "Slumber Sulen Eyes" sealed.
According with Dave Rotten (Drowned owner) the Demigod stuffs, The CDs went out of factory unsealed (never was sealed)!
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

c4d4v3r wrote:Don't buy Demigod "Slumber Sulen Eyes" sealed.
According with Dave Rotten (Drowned owner) the Demigod stuffs, The CDs went out of factory unsealed (never was sealed)!
same thing for Purtenance? Jaime, can you ask to Dave? thanx in advance!
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

Vampallens wrote:
c4d4v3r wrote:Don't buy Demigod "Slumber Sulen Eyes" sealed.
same thing for Purtenance? Jaime, can you ask to Dave? thanx in advance!
Hi Davide!
Yes, i will ask, when i have reply, will post here.
cheers and Eurocup final Spain - Italy!!
Sorry for Germany supporters
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

well, here the response:
Drowned was working with Tecnodisco, and what was making this company, It was unsealed.

I remember to have bought CDs and tapes in Drowned's catalogue, and i think that they were unsealed
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Purtenance existed factory sealed, trust me ;)

However, never trust new Drowned copies sold now, always ask and be prepared to spot boots.
wom

Post by wom »

well if you ask besides Technodisco who made one of the two Demigod prints, there is another one made my DADC. Same goes with Putrenance etc

whats up with the DADC prints?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:Oh and the version pictured in the middle a coulpe of posts above that Avenger said is a 100% bootleg is original.
But it's not. Very close but not quite.
Now even the Drowned owner says they were pressing CDs via tecnodisc, do you still think this one pressed by tecnodisk pictured several posts back is a boot and only the DADC is original? Well I don't.