Insane Ebay Auctions - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

emperor.zola wrote:
sororicide is gone within half a day. 1000 USD! :D
I've heard a story about a guy from Hungary who actually went to Iceland to look for it, is this story by any chance about you ? 8)

Actually the story comes from an amusing description of auctions that a guy from Poland - Pesten - listed on Allegro. He listed dozens of ultra rare CDs which he claimed he only gathered to be able to one day trade it for the Sororcide CD. This CD was then on ebay for the first time in many years, so he needed money. needless to say, he won it. about 2k € it was I think?
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

That Icelander on ebay - Ragnar-something - sold three in a row for about 3-400 dollars each. One went for the highest bidder, the others was sold as second chance offers.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Helstar wrote:lol ... when Pucktal is bidding, always expect "twilight zone" ! :lol:

And to think that the last copy ended 188$ less than 1 year ago http://www.ebay.com/itm/330551043274
It's funny how some of those hardcore collectors, who bid high on a cd like this, are the same people who absolutely frown upon anything slightly 'groove' or 'modern' sounding, like many of the 90's bands who Panterarized their thrash. I mean, this cd is, at the end of the day, closer to and not very far from 90's Accusser than 80's Accusser.
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Heathen wrote: I've heard a story about a guy from Hungary who actually went to Iceland to look for it, is this story by any chance about you ? 8)
I'm guilty as charged.
So I sold one of my copy and right after I found myself in the middle of a shit storm. :roll:
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

Heathen wrote:
emperor.zola wrote:
sororicide is gone within half a day. 1000 USD! :D
I've heard a story about a guy from Hungary who actually went to Iceland to look for it, is this story by any chance about you ? 8)

Actually the story comes from an amusing description of auctions that a guy from Poland - Pesten - listed on Allegro. He listed dozens of ultra rare CDs which he claimed he only gathered to be able to one day trade it for the Sororcide CD. This CD was then on ebay for the first time in many years, so he needed money. needless to say, he won it. about 2k € it was I think?

pretty sure a greek and not pesten was the fool who paid 2200 via best offer.
i remember because everybody started talking about a possible bootleg coming from greece. A bootleg did come out, but it was a couple of years later. I'm not sure if the bootleg is from greece tho because i don't pay attention to bootlegs anymore.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Bootleg is a CD-R from South America.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

Sororicide bootleg is some "deluxe edition" cdr that has a slipcase, a sticker I think, and some other stuff they added with it. I saw one sell for like $220 or so before :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Another just sold for over $200 a couple weeks ago. Absolutely ridiculous. The guy has done other CD-R boots in the same style, they don't pop up too often, I guess he just prints more up whenever he's short on rent. Boggles the mind that people are dumb enough to buy them :?
wom

Post by wom »

a fucking greek did it, yea!
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

What the hell? I haven't searched for that CD in a while, but the last copy I saw I bid $20, and the winning bid was $20.50. Crazy.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I lost the chance to buy a sealed copy for 30 euro (not on ebay) -.-

And now this ... ahhhh :?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:I lost the chance to buy a sealed copy for 30 euro (not on ebay) -.-

And now this ... ahhhh :?
yes, saw this on discogs too.
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

Lol, came close to getting that one for cheap last year, too.
Oh well, the price will be dropping soon
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Heathen wrote: yes, saw this on discogs too.
Italian shop, not discogs :|