Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

There are 2 different pressings of the Candlemass Black Dragon CD. The first is the French pressing with all black text on the top of the disc. The second is a US press with a red ring around the outside on the top of the disc. The first being more sought after.

The Necrophagia CD isn't that expensive and not really that rare either. I've seen it go for as little as $45. $80 is on the high end if sold by a well-known ebay seller.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Avenger wrote:There are 2 different pressings of the Candlemass Black Dragon CD. The first is the French pressing with all black text on the top of the disc. The second is a US press with a red ring around the outside on the top of the disc. The first being more sought after.

The Necrophagia CD isn't that expensive and not really that rare either. I've seen it go for as little as $45. $80 is on the high end if sold by a well-known ebay seller.
OK thanks.

Just wanted to be sure I'm not offering crap for gold or something.

Either press of Candlemass is fine really as I don't have that album (shame!).
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: The Necrophagia CD isn't that expensive and not really that rare either. I've seen it go for as little as $45. $80 is on the high end if sold by a well-known ebay seller.
Like these =) ?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/251137347972

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Necrophagia-Sea ... 7675.l2557
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote: The Necrophagia CD isn't that expensive and not really that rare either. I've seen it go for as little as $45. $80 is on the high end if sold by a well-known ebay seller.
Like these =) ?

The CD sold by overdubz was relisted probably 10 times. I don't price anything based exclusively on ebay either. I also said I’ve seen it go for as little as $45. That doesn’t mean it’s the going rate but rather that a flat $80 isn’t accurate.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

But you don't have any link, right ? ^^
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

What is the REAL first press of Sacrifice "Forward To Termination" on CD format?
Restless/Metal Blade US version(s) or canadian Fringe pressing? I was surprised when found info that Metal Blade versions were made earlier because all Sacrifice discography was printed on Fringe in 1990. Is it true? Can someone prove this?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I don't know how can this be proven, but from what I gather and from what I have read on this forum too, Fringe did not press CDs until the 1990s (probabily exactly 1990 when Soldiers of Misfortune came out on CD). Restless/MB pressing of Forward To Termination from 1988 is the first press so you can safely buy this one which is listed for a good price on ebay ;)
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thanks for the fast answer Heathen! Actually i asked because i saw your comments on Discogs in Sacrifice CD releases from Fringe, also i saw someone left comment on NWN forum about it. But that's all. Metal Blade/Restles pressings of course much more common and cheaper than Fringe version and it would be even better if they are really came out the first.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Avenger wrote:
Helstar wrote:
Like these =) ?

The CD sold by overdubz was relisted probably 10 times. I don't price anything based exclusively on ebay either. I also said I’ve seen it go for as little as $45. That doesn’t mean it’s the going rate but rather that a flat $80 isn’t accurate.
Well my knowledge about CD values is rather poor. Just wanted to be sure it isnt something like that original Target debut CD or whatever. 45$-80$ is cool.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:But you don't have any link, right ? ^^
Like I said, not everything I see offered or sold is done on ebay.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:Thanks for the fast answer Heathen! Actually i asked because i saw your comments on Discogs in Sacrifice CD releases from Fringe, also i saw someone left comment on NWN forum about it. But that's all. Metal Blade/Restles pressings of course much more common and cheaper than Fringe version and it would be even better if they are really came out the first.
There is a guy over here in Toronto that has all the left over dead stock from Fringe. He has several copies of the first two Sacrifice CD's still sealed. The price keeps going up though. I wouldn't say that the Metal Blade copies of "Forward To Termination" are more common. You just need to know where to look.
Troma

Post by Troma »

some questions about Omen - Battle Cry on Metal Blade/Restless from 1987.

I have two copies with different matrix codes:

one is:

MANUFACTURED IN USA BY LASERVIDEOINC CI08152 711052 1002

the other:

TSD 71105-2

anyone knows something about this?

also i recognized that both copies have a slightly oversized backinsert that dont really fit into the case, thats why they tend to get wavy. Anyone else has this problem?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Oh, for the wavy backcover that's normal, every copy I've seen was like that. Looks like a cheap photocopy too :lol:

It's also because of the type of paper they used, you can see it for the front cover as it tends to get wavy too.

For matrix codes I'll let you know ...
Troma

Post by Troma »

Helstar wrote:Oh, for the wavy backcover that's normal, every copy I've seen was like that. Looks like a cheap photocopy too :lol:

It's also because of the type of paper they used, you can see it for the front cover as it tends to get wavy too.

For matrix codes I'll let you know ...
Okay thanks, so I better stop my search for a mint backinsert.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Troma wrote:some questions about Omen - Battle Cry on Metal Blade/Restless from 1987.

I have two copies with different matrix codes:

one is:

MANUFACTURED IN USA BY LASERVIDEOINC CI08152 711052 1002

the other:

TSD 71105-2

anyone knows something about this?

also i recognized that both copies have a slightly oversized backinsert that dont really fit into the case, thats why they tend to get wavy. Anyone else has this problem?
It was very common for Metal Blade to do several different pressings. See 'Forward To Termination", "Death & Insanity", "The Curse", "Awaken The Guardian", "Menace To Society", etc, etc.

The back insert from what I can tell by my copy isn't the size but from a moisture issue that I would guess occured when they were first made. Either way, I have fixed mine so that it is perfectl;y flat now. I'm very picky about the condition of inserts.