Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Coma wrote:
Heathen wrote: Did Disque Americ Canada press CDs in 1988 and 1998? All known Fringe releases have Disque Americ matrix.
For your information, Disque Americ stopped pressing CDs in February 2011. Therefore, yes, it is quite possible that they're behind pressings from 1988 and 1998 - they've been in business from 1987 I believe up until 2011.

http://www.lapresse.ca/la-tribune/econo ... portes.php

It's in French but a translator will help you understand.

As for Sacrifice being pressed numerous times, I wouldn't be surprised either. Of all Fringe CDs, "Soldiers of Misfortune" is the one I've seen most often. The Fringe owner seems to have an unlimited stock of them and he's been selling them on eBay for at least 10 years. They were also quite common in most Montreal second hand stores back in the late 90's.

As for Razor, it is also quite possible. Being from Canada probably helps, but I've seen quite a few in the past few years. I have no doubts that they may have been pressed in large quantities, the band was quite popular outside the country (much like Voivod) but not really appreciated within our borders. By saying "pressed in large quantities and in several countries", he probably meant the Hellion pressing as well.

That is the guy's own label, I guess he knows more about the CDs he pressed than we do ...
Here's the problem I have with this. Just because a pressing plant existed until 2011 doesn't mean that they were continually pressing the same shit year after year until they closed. Disque Americ printed mainly indie releases or stuff for very small labels. None of which had very large runs.

Maybe if someone has a late 2000's pressed disc from this plant we can use it for comparison. However, the Razor bootlegs have no mention of this plant anywhere to be found and all legit releases clearly state the plant of manufacture in the matrix.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: Just because someone lives in the same city that the label was run out of back in the early 90's and they happened to pick up the dead stock after the label went defunct doesn't mean that they tell the truth or know what they are talking about.
I don't know if he's telling the truth or not (surely there are some doubts, for example post-1994 Sacrifice cds should have IFPI codes, no ?) but the guy is the OWNER of Fringe (R.I.P.). Or so he said ^^
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote: Just because someone lives in the same city that the label was run out of back in the early 90's and they happened to pick up the dead stock after the label went defunct doesn't mean that they tell the truth or know what they are talking about.
I don't know if he's telling the truth or not (surely there are some doubts, for example post-1994 Sacrifice cds should have IFPI codes, no ?) but the guy is the OWNER of Fringe (R.I.P.). Or so he said ^^
I talked to this guy many years ago when he first started listing the CD's on ebay. It was a different account at the time. The conversation started with me asking him how he obtained so many sealed copies of the old Fringe stuff and I was told that he picked up all the left over CD's when Fringe called it quits for something ridiculous like $2.00 a piece. I don’t know how he’s apparently the old label owner now…
Last edited by Avenger on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

"I'm the guy who started the label in the early 80's ! I'm just selling off the leftovers, nothing has been pressed since the late 90's when I shut things down.
Ben"

Who knows :) for sure he provides too many details to be only a reseller who bought the deadstock back then ...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:"I'm the guy who started the label in the early 80's ! I'm just selling off the leftovers, nothing has been pressed since the late 90's when I shut things down.
Ben"

Who knows :) for sure he provides too many details to be only a reseller who bought the deadstock back then ...
But the details can be made up. I know you put this info here in good faith but the guy may or may not be making this up. I have already proven that he contradicts himself. So I will tahe it with a pinch of salt. Still think the most probable timespan of Fringe CDs is 1990-1993 or 1994 at most.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Troma wrote:
Parcas Sangrientas wrote:I have a magazine in my hands("Madhouse"december 1991)where it appears an advertisement of El Dragon "La mascara de Hierro" where it says available in vinyl,cassettes and cd.
Your cd should have the logo stamped Megaton and should say "Industria Argentina".
Okay cool, so there should exist a first press from 1991. thanks for your help!
Make contact with a musician of the band,he confirmed that the cd was made in april 1992.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Does it look legit to you ? (the internal ring seems a lot different from Azintex replica)

Last edited by Helstar on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Not a very good picture, but yes it looks like the copy I used to own.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

[quote="Helstar"]Does it look legit to you ? (the internal ring seems a lot different from Azintex replica)

I don't have that particular cd but the matrix and inner ring look correct compared to other cds I have made by ICM Switzerland around that time period, it definitely looks legit to me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Post a better photo. I won't comment unless I can confirm with certainty.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Hello, does a legit CD version of Trouble - Warrior exist?
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Shimrod wrote:Hello, does a legit CD version of Trouble - Warrior exist?
As far as I know, no. However, strange thing is that somehow this one also appeared in a local CD megastore some years ago, which followed anti bootleg policy (I don't remember ever selling any). I even bought it (from a different seller) without knowing the truth, but the quality gave away the truth.
But let's see if someone else is better informed.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shimrod wrote:Hello, does a legit CD version of Trouble - Warrior exist?
No.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Damn, the seller was not supposed to sell any bootleg. I'll see with him what kind of agreement we could reach. The sound is not that bad though IMO.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Drifter-Reality- ... 500wt_1414

Is this the legit non-bootleg edition of the first Drifter album? Seems like it but I cannot tell sometimes. Can someone compare with their CD?