Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

Post by Avenger »

aDmiN wrote:Since the Metal-expertise of our members is often divided into vinyl- and CD-areas I've split the old "Need info on some records"-thread in two, so you'll know what topic to keep an eye on.

Using this thread or creating a new more specific one is completly optional. If if you think your question is urgent and/or interesting enough for a topic of its own, go right ahead. Otherwise post here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Is this cd (and this seller in general) the genuine first pressing?

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/CD-Flotsam-and-J ... 500wt_1202

Also is this Elektra pressing a non-bootleg one and is it much different from the Roadrunner press?

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/FLOTSAM-AND-JETS ... 1865wt_952
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

First one should be legit, no idea about the second one.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Both are legit, but it is hard to say which pressings they are. You can buy either and discover that there are IFPI codes.

I have a version similar to the second one without any IFPI numbers on matrix, but the whole matrix is different.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Most of those Elektra discs have never really gone out of print, they just keep pressing them over and over with the same appearance. Minor details might be a little different, but there isn't a reliable way to determine a true "first press". The Roadrunner one looks like it was made ~1990.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

Zdan wrote:Is this cd (and this seller in general) the genuine first pressing?

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/CD-Flotsam-and-J ... 500wt_1202

Also is this Elektra pressing a non-bootleg one and is it much different from the Roadrunner press?

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/FLOTSAM-AND-JETS ... 1865wt_952
First one looks like a later pressing, the inner ring design makes me think it probably has ifpi code too. The second one is a later pressing too, since it has ifpi code, my first press looks different. Elektra 1st press matrix number is: 2 60777-2 SRC-01 M1 S3
Both of those look legit since i don't think a bootlegger would bootleg the second pressing, and get the matrix design exactly right, but neither are 1st pressings. Why do they bootleg this one anyway? It only sold for around $10-$22 before the bootleg came out.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Shouldn't be M1 S1 ? I have your same pressing btw (S3)

According to MS people, first 'universal' press of NPFD is the RoadRunner one, is this right ? http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/9434

Also the debut there is "first press" info on the RR version, and not the Restless one... :?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Both of those CD's are legit and both are re-issues.

The Roadrunner disc is easily told apart from the first pressing by the silver/mirrored center ring and has an IFPI Code.

The Elektra is told apart by the style of the Matrix. This is obviously a newer stamping made in a different plant from the first/earlier pressings. All the early US Elektra discs were manufactured by SRC and had no IFPI Code. The pressing runs of these discs are determined by the number that follows after the "SRC" prefix. The lower the number, the earlier the pressing run. There are also German made Elektra CD's as well but I'm not necessarily sure if, for example, there were any done for "No Place For Disgrace".
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

Which cd copy of Wrath- nothing to fear is the first pressing? I assume the laservideo one is the first pressing, and the nimbus is a later pressing, based on the other medusa/metal blade discs I have, and since I haven't seen a laservideo made disc after 1988. Or is the nimbus disc a european pressing or something? Also, this guy has a sealed longbox copy of it, and on the back it says copyright date 1991. Maybe thats when the nimbus one came out?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WRATH-NOTHING-F ... 1e6a143eb0
I also ask this same question about other metal blade discs like Voivod- war and pain, sacrifice- forward to termination, those both have laservideo and nimbus pressings. I assume laservideo is the first pressing for all of them, is that assumption correct?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:Which cd copy of Wrath- nothing to fear is the first pressing? I assume the laservideo one is the first pressing, and the nimbus is a later pressing, based on the other medusa/metal blade discs I have, and since I haven't seen a laservideo made disc after 1988. Or is the nimbus disc a european pressing or something? Also, this guy has a sealed longbox copy of it, and on the back it says copyright date 1991. Maybe thats when the nimbus one came out?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WRATH-NOTHING-F ... 1e6a143eb0
I also ask this same question about other metal blade discs like Voivod- war and pain, sacrifice- forward to termination, those both have laservideo and nimbus pressings. I assume laservideo is the first pressing for all of them, is that assumption correct?
This has come up before and nobody knows. There's no real concrete way to tell either. I guess this is a case where you grab either copy and be content with what you have. There are Nimbus discs from as early as 1986 so I don't think your theory is correct.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know anything about the new Steel Vengeance CD's popping up on ebay and in other places? Anybody seen one? Are those some new official reissues?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know anything about the new Steel Vengeance CD's popping up on ebay and in other places? Anybody seen one? Are those some new official reissues?
Good question. I've noticed the same thing and haven't been able to get any information out of the sellers yet.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

bootlegs
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:bootlegs
I finally got a reply from one of them and he told me the same thing. He was honest but apparently this doesn't change the fact that he still wants $20 a piece for them. :lol:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Which is the first CD press of Kill 'Em All - Megaforce with white backinsert, or MFN with carnaby Street address? Anyone knows yhat year did they began pressing these CDs as it is impossible (is it?) that they are from 1983?