Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

As far as I know GZ will only fullfil pressing orders of labels and/or on request from another plant that is IFPI-approved. The matrix is also a legit GZ matrix, as is the IFPI-codes. I would more assume it is a re-print than a bootleg.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Be ... Blood/2614
1. "Turbo music secretly re-released the CD to a limited quantity in 1992; around the time when they released albums by Acheron, Goatlord and Mortuary, this can be authenticated by comparing both the Turbo music address and matrix code with those bands first CD releases; there are also differences between the 1st and 2nd pressing, such as tray card and logo colour, plus printing on the disc."
2. "BOOTLEGS:
War Hammer Records CD released Spring 2002 with the artwork from the JLA/Turbo release, limitation unknown(C).
Turbo Music CD released Spring 2004 with the original artwork from the first release, but darker and a bluish colour to the skeleton priests, limitation unknown (L).
Lecter Records LP released 2004 with the original artwork, when compared with an original, the cover art is cut off on the rightsize of the jacket, limited to 300 copies(L). "
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

Warepire wrote:As far as I know GZ will only fullfil pressing orders of labels and/or on request from another plant that is IFPI-approved. The matrix is also a legit GZ matrix, as is the IFPI-codes. I would more assume it is a re-print than a bootleg.
http://www.gzdm.cz/cd-dvd-26/about-gz-2 ... media-264/

I have some Rage cds and some other with GZ matrix, i found somewhere, can not remember where, that these presses are from '92 (lot of Noise represses) and there aren't any IFPI...100% before '94
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

It's correct, I have a Voivod cd reissue with GZ matrix, bought in 92, no IFPI ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Osmi_Putnik wrote:
Warepire wrote:As far as I know GZ will only fullfil pressing orders of labels and/or on request from another plant that is IFPI-approved. The matrix is also a legit GZ matrix, as is the IFPI-codes. I would more assume it is a re-print than a bootleg.
http://www.gzdm.cz/cd-dvd-26/about-gz-2 ... media-264/

I have some Rage cds and some other with GZ matrix, i found somewhere, can not remember where, that these presses are from '92 (lot of Noise represses) and there aren't any IFPI...100% before '94
I know IFPI codes where not introduced until 1994. Unless the label stopped existing before IFPI codes were introduced, there is still the possibility of the CD being a re-print. Because it is probably very difficult to get a bootleg pressed at GZ due to their reputation on the market.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

Avenger wrote:
ancient tyranny wrote:Beherit - The Oath Of Black Blood, Matrix says GZ... Turbo Music etc., Cover/ Backcover looks old but might be a boot anyway. Anyone knows how to spot
an original press from 1991???
No scans, no answer.
:cry:
anyhow no problem here are the pics:

seems from all the answers so far it is the press from 2004? Was cheap neverless so no big deal
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ancient tyranny wrote:
Avenger wrote:
ancient tyranny wrote:Beherit - The Oath Of Black Blood, Matrix says GZ... Turbo Music etc., Cover/ Backcover looks old but might be a boot anyway. Anyone knows how to spot
an original press from 1991???
No scans, no answer.
:cry:
anyhow no problem here are the pics:

seems from all the answers so far it is the press from 2004? Was cheap neverless so no big deal
This is legit but it's a re-pressing. The GZ plant started putting out CD's in the mid 90's and it has an IFPI Code.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody have info on the re-releases of Grim Reaper, Fifth Angel etc. by Southworld Records? They seem legit but I cannot find any website for that company and it makes me suspicious.
Troma

Post by Troma »

Does anyone here own a mint or near mint booklet of Therion - Beyond Sanactorum?

During the years I had about 4 copies of this and they all had one knick/bent in the booklet which was always at the same place (throught the "T" of "Therion")

I just wonder is that some kind of damage from factory or am I just very unlucky?

I guess in both cases I should stop my search for a mint one then.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Bought the remastered version of Helstar's Remnants Of War a few days ago, but when i put it in my stereo, it played Burning Star :evil: Anyone else who knows anything about this, is it a pressing error or something?
Troma

Post by Troma »

laasgaardh wrote:Bought the remastered version of Helstar's Remnants Of War a few days ago, but when i put it in my stereo, it played Burning Star :evil: Anyone else who knows anything about this, is it a pressing error or something?
If you have the 2009 edition, yes, this is a pressing error, there is also a Burning Star re-release with Remnants Of War on the disc.

I would buy a different version, 1999 Century Media for example.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody have any deeper info the two Black Cobra Records CD reissues - Recipients of Death and M.A.C.E.? Are those bootlegs? When were they pressed?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/370617157407?ssP ... 048wt_1185

Is this a bootleg or the real deal? Seems very authentic to me.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Zdan wrote:http://www.ebay.pl/itm/370617157407?ssP ... 048wt_1185

Is this a bootleg or the real deal? Seems very authentic to me.
My vote goes for boot. The matrix is identical to that of the recent russian boots (Angel dust, protector, vendetta etc)
gigadeth

Purtenance

Post by gigadeth »

Purtenance - Member of Immortal Damnation

1. is there any bootleg version of this CD?

2. how many pages the original booklet has?

thanks in advance