Coven "Blessed Is The Black" bootlegs/questions

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Coven "Blessed Is The Black" bootlegs/questions

Post by Zdan »

Hello fellow Corroseum maniacs!

A general question/inquiry:

Does anyone know how many bootleg issues of Coven's "Blessed Is The Black" are there on the market? I know of one that has the album title as matrix usual shtick but I heard there are others - any specifics on them?

Also is there any surefire way to distinguish the original?

On a last note how much does the album go for usual as far the CD version goes?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I think the only bootleg is the one you said. Also it seems there are two original pressings, one with IFPI code (a later 1994+ press probably) and one without. Slayerhateusall knows more about this because he has all of them if I'm not wrong ^^
Price on open auction of the original is usually 40-50$.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

So basicly when hunting for this album I should avoid any CD with the matrix of the album title and I should be good to go? Great.

I also heard rumors about two pressings of this album - as you said - one with IFPI code and one without.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well duh, if there's a new boot with the "correct" matrix code I don't know eh... :?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Helstar wrote:Well duh, if there's a new boot with the "correct" matrix code I don't know eh... :?
Not blaming you in the slightest. There might be a new boot and that is why I asked.

Best thing would be if someone posted photos of their copy/described how the original should look like.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

I don't see any new bootlegs for sale on ebay so just avoid the ones with the album title in matrix. There is 2 legit pressings. Both have "mastered by nimbus" styled matrix rings, but they don't actually say "MBN" in them. The first press matrix is: 72243-2 To read the matrix you have to put it in a mirror and read it that way. The second pressing has the same number but with IFPI code(s) in it, same nimbus design, also has the mirror reversed matrix number.
I'm guessing the 2nd press is from 1994 or around then.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks for the detailed answer. Now the only thing is to hunt down the album. Wonder if I manage to find in a bargain. If you could go with a buy it now type option that would be awesome. Time to go hunting!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Do you still need a scan of the first press?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:Do you still need a scan of the first press?
If you can provide one it would be most appreciated. I can them compare with what people are offering. So yes please. As slayerhatesusall said the 1994 repress is the same so there should not be any changes.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:
Avenger wrote:Do you still need a scan of the first press?
If you can provide one it would be most appreciated. I can them compare with what people are offering. So yes please. As slayerhatesusall said the 1994 repress is the same so there should not be any changes.
Well, there is no where stating that the repress is from 1994 but the CD does contain an IFPI Code so that would indicate it's from at least the mid 90's. Everything else is identical from the scans that I have seen. I personally only own the first pressing so I can do a scan for that. I believe slayerhateusall had already posted a scan of the repress here a while back. Perhaps he can repost it. So there is a difference, although, it’s small. Either way I'll get my scan up for you within the next couple of days.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Big thanks from me for any scan. I heard the repress if from around 1994 but that is really not important. The only known difference (by me at least) is the IFPI code. Anyhow if slayerhatesusall could repost the scan of the repress that would be amazing but the original scan is very welcomed too! Would help my hunting very much.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Update on any more possible info because one ebay auction I am interested in is ending pretty soon.
slayerhatesusall

I don't remember where that scan I had was, and my scanner is broken, but here is a nimbus made disc which has the same matrix design that the second blessed is the black pressing had.

The second press has the two ifpi codes mirror reversed like that picture and all the numbers are mirrored, the first press looks basically the same design just no ifpi codes.

Btw that scan is just a random cd made in the nimbus plant not the Coven disc.
Last edited by slayerhatesusall on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

If you can repost the scan because I cannot see anything.

Of course BIG thanks for the help!
slayerhatesusall

I dunno I guess it won't let me link it, but go to www.google.com and click on images and search "mastered by nimbus" (make sure its in quotation marks) its on the 11th page of results and its the one from the site forum.theprodigy.ru there.