Hard to get CD re-rerelease (please update!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
jnfernal

Hard to get CD re-rerelease (please update!)

Post by jnfernal »

The aim of this topic would be to update and list those CD re-releases that have been put out in recent times (or have been announced but nout out yet) that hardly can find a way to a bigger distribution. Most of times such CD's are made by small labels or financed by the bands themselves and can be found only locally. The idea came today when I found that the czech band TITANIC re-released (on silver printed CD, of course) their back catalogue including also the ABEL Lp 1990. I didn't know that and probably I would have never known that if I didn't came across their website by chance. This situation may be similar to many other bands/releases/music labels which do not have great chances to promote their (re)releases and it may be very difficult not only to get such CDs but also get information about.
So I wouldlike to keep uppdated this page with every CD re-release that I may find interesting and I am pretty sure they won't find a worldwide distribution or a way to reach the main metal distros known in Europe or USA.
It's a way to promote those financial efforts made by bands or small music labels and a way to show interest even in those smaller scenes which - for a reason or other - did not (andprobalby still do not) have big chances to be widerly known

So here's a list of most recent re-releases (with some older exceptions) that may be unknown, hard to get or almost out of stock due to small pressing quantities. if somebody has the chance to update this list with other titles, it would be a nice idea

I don't have time to check the countless unknown re-releases made in USA or Germany for example, while as for Japan I will just post the most important re-releases including new labels who decided to release on CD lost gems never available before or available only in archaic, prehistoric CD editions out of stock since years)

CZECH REPUBLIC & SLOVAKIA

-TITANIC: All their CD's (Metal Celebration, Abel, 3, Rockove balady) have been reprinted in 2010 by the band itself. Good editions, apparentely, with booklet and nice original artwork in decent package. Available through the band website or at www.eshop-rychle.cz
"Metal celebration" was also released in 2009 or 2010 by Underground Records in a double-CD set with renewed artwork (the 2010 edition is the album only but with original artwork), Single Ep and some live track plus a bonus CD with a full Live set recorded in 1989 (but the bonus CD is a pro-printed CDR). This is the only silver printed CD released by Underground Records, that re-released a lot of interesting stuff in pro-printed CDR only

-TUBLATANKA: The 4 classic albums have been re-released and re-launched in the last 2-3 years.
"Nebo, peklo, raj" and the S/T album are on Supraphon and Opus (respectively made in 2003 and 2005) and became very, very hard to find. It seems that a new print has been made because they became available again.
"Skusime to cez vesmir" and "Zerave znamenie osudu" have been relaunched on a double CD set (with cardbox cover) in the OPUS 100 series in 2009. This serie is going to reprint 100 albums made by state-label Opus during the last 30-40 years by all genere of music styles within the next 3-4 years and it should include other interesting metal re-releases in the future

BOLIVIA

-METALMORFOSIS: This self made silver printed CD is pretty old now, being out since a couple of years but it's pretty hard to find due to a limited pressing quantity. Full discography including unreleased songs, nice artwork and booklet with infos and pictures. Still availabe through the band email address

ARGENTINA

-MARK I: In early 2011 Pacheco Records from Buenos Aires released the new album by legendary metallers Mark I. It includes also the Demo 1986. Very hard to find even in Argentina. Never seen on sale anywhere but I know some metal fan in Argentina bought it and so it's effectively out.

THAILAND

-BLUE PLANET: This CD was made by Mon-D-Ney Studio/Records in 2010 I presume (for the 20th anniversary of the band). The edition is simply amazing: 3-panels digipack, beautiful colours, bonus DVD and thick booklet. Unfortunately it is extremely hard to find now, I think it went out of print shortly after the release and I could find only 2 copies: 1 in Japan and 1 in Thailand (paying it an exhorbitant price because - well, see the russian market situation :D). Unfortunately everything is written in thai language that is not easy to read....no contacts, no websites, the only email available is of the illustrator, that is frankly useless if somebody want to get a copy of the CD. Good classic metal, not bad. Good luck!

INDONESIA

-POWER METAL: The first (well, not exactly) heavy metal band from Indonesia, the most famous, active and long running one. All their albums (Power one, Power mission, Serigala, Pesta dansa...) are available on CD, except for "Power demons" that should be re-released soon. First two albums were released on CD for the first time by LOGISS/LOG ZHELEBOUR RECORDS in 2010 in pretty decent editions. Very, very hard to find because the label closed a few months ago.
Now the label seem active again under the sole name of Log Zhelebour Records:

http://www.logzhelebour.com/index.php/online-order-cd

I found them in Malaysia and I saw them once on sale on Ebay, but only once. I think they are still available through some music shop in Indonesia. Good hunting!

-EDANE: Same as above. LOGISS RECORDS re-released their 1992 tape album a 2-3 years ago. It should be available at Karthago Records or Metaleros but in very small quantity.

-GOD BLESS: Same as above. The oldest hard rock band from Malaysia. Not exactly metal but their 1989 album "Semut hitam" is very close to heavy/hard rock. On LOGISS RECORDS, of course very hard to find though it's a recent re-release. Maybe Metaleros or Karthago have a copy left. Otherwise, just go to Indonesia and...good luck!
Updates: Life Records/Hup Hup records from Malaysia released it in 2011. It's much easier to find than the indonesian edition. No differences between the 2 editions.

-ROTOR: Their 4 tape-only albums (released between 1992 and 1997) are now available in a double CD set edition. I know for sure it is a silver printed CD box, not a CDR. It is available through the band website/webstore. Recommended.

SPAIN

-FUCK OFF: Hell on earth. PICAP RECORDS/ACTUAL RECORDS re-released it in 2010. Available only through the label's website. Never seen on sale elsewhere. It's the 2nd CD edition, being the first one on DARK RAILS totally out of print. Unfortunately it doesn't have the 1992 Demo as bonus track (like in the previous edition) but the packaging is ok. If you want it, just write to the label or to some spanish collectors here (you know who you are: muchas gracias :wink: ) and get also the SANGTRAIT CDs if you feel. They're really nice!
LEYENDA RECORDS announced the re-release of their first album "Another sacrifice" sooner or later, full of unreleased bonus tracks

-SUBTERRANEO: Toledo. As you already know, HISPANIA METAL RECORDS recentely re-released it in a beautiful edition with bonus track. Available on ebay at high prices, it costs 16 euros (p+p included) through the label's website. Hope to hear more from HISPANIA METAL

-LEGION: Lethal liberty. RAZORKILL RECORDS announced it since a long time. It had to be out on March 2011. Nothing came out yet.

-LEYENDA RECORDS: If you like spanish 80's metal you have to pay a visit to the website of this great label. Great editions, great sound, great packaging, great bonus tracks. Every release is a must-have!

PORTUGAL

-IBERIA: S/T and "Heroes of the wasteland" were re-released by the band a 3-4 years ago in cool digipack editions. I got them signed by each band member, cool! No bonus tracks but it's ok. Still available if you contact the band

POLAND

-TERMINATOR: Evil of this world. Ultra limited, ultra cheap shitty edition made by a mysterious label, Disgusting Productions from Poland. No contact infos, I found just the email address of this sedicent label. The title of the CD varies from "Evil of the world" to "Evil of this world". Totally unknown until I found it in a trade list. It should be still available.

-THE CORPSE: Fight against rule (Refuse Records). More thrash/crossover than HC, this is a really great release! Their Demo 1989 is probably the most thrashy/metallic one. Available only in punk/hc distros (or at SELFMADEGOD) for 5 euros....seriously recommended!

NETHERLANDS

-FRANKENSTEIN: Front of house Cassette tapes 1980-1984. Available through the band website only. It includes a full Live Set recorded in 1984 plus some earlier bonus live recordings. Interesting and still in print. The band has also a very limited cardbox CD edition with a live set recorded a few years later under the new monicker "JURASSIC PARK": "We're still here". Both silver printed CD, of couse, and still available

-FUTURE TENSE: The final cut. Australl Holocaust Productions from Peru announced it since 2 or 3 years but - despite artwork and some sample songs are available on their myspace, nothing surfaced yet. It seems about to be ready now but I heard this news 4-5 times already in the last years. We'll see...

EX USSR

-STARYIJ GOROD: Volchya yama/Pyatnitsia 13 (CD Maksimum). Pre-Krüger it features 2 demos (1 live) recorded in the late 80's. Not a full discography (there should be 1 more or even 2 more demos around) but definitively a must. Unfortunately CD Maksimum is not distributed outside USSR (probably due to its bad reputation) and it's really hard to get it from Russia: unfortunately russian labels/distros make a different price policy: inside Russia they are very cheap (5 US$ or less) but for foreigner customers the price usually rises to 15 US$. I tried to order it ad BlackCD (or something like that): 10 different CDs priced at 5,00 US$ each costed to me, foreigner customer, 200 US$ !!!!!! I don't like this different price policy: "you are foreigner, you have a lot of money, so it's right if you pay more"...well....it's racist. I don't like this russian way of making business. It's only mafia.

-AVGUST: "Otvetnyij udar" and "Demon" have been recentely re-released through Metalism Records in superb editions full of rare, bonus tracks. They should be easily available also through Stormspell or other western labels without big problem. METALISM Records also re-released all the SKORAYA POMOSH/FIRST AID back catalogue

-HUSQVARN (from Latvia): Their 2 albums (On the road, Bomb brain melodies) were re-released on a double CD through some local labels (I forgot the name). Not easy to find. Never seen on sale outside Latvia. Great name for a heavy metal band!!!!

-SHOWER (from Estonia): "Brain piracy" and "Humiliator" have been re-released in the local serie "Eesti rock antoloogia" by Muub Records in 2008. Nice edition but scarce information. Curios squared-shape CD case. Still available in Estonia but never seen in any external music distro/shop

JAPAN

-Too many to listen. Everyday new re-released are out. Some bands got theiir 4th-5th-6th re-release and every time with the same bonus tracks or with no bonus tracks at all. Recentely POLYSTAR RECORDS reprinted BOW WOW/VOW WOW in a "35th anniversary edition" series, with some albums never available before
UNIVERSAL RECORDS put out last year a OUTRAGE Box Set with their first 5 releases (including mini, ep and bonuses) that is fucking expensive, of course.
X JAPAN's "Vanishing vision" has been re-released now by EXTASY RECORDS: it was the only album not available on popular CD edition until now being the previous edition old, out of stock and fucking expensive on Ebay.
SKYSTATION RECORDS (a pretty new music label) re-released all the MARINO and STARLESS albums as well as the "Battle of metal" compilation
DANGER CRUE RECORDS released some 44 MAGNUM rare collection. By the way: the "Live and rare" CD is a 10 CDS Box Set (Metal Archives says it's only a 2 CD set....) but it's out of print now
Other albums on DANGER CRUE RECORDS are D'ERLANGER, HURRY SCUARY, GOLDEN BAT and REACTION early albums

MEXICO

-CRAZY LAZY: Que viva el rock. An unknown label put out a digipack sleeve CD...no infos available on the cardbox. Quality sound is not bad not good.

-ZEUS: Same as above. Unknown label. Probably a bootleg. Available at KARTHAGO, ROCKADROME or CONCRETO RECORDS

BRAZIL

-ASTAROTH: Na luz da conquista. Drrock (www.drrock.com.br) recentely re-released it in a very limited quantity: 500 copies if I'm not wrong. Classic album very very cool and passionate CD edition with interesting liner notes and lyrics, pictures....beautiful! Unfortunately it seems very hard to find as DRROCK can't send outside of Brasil as far as I could understand. I found a copy at METALEROS but hurry up as it would be out of catalogue very soon! Very, very recommended!

-STRESS: Flor atomica (Metal Soldiers Records). Well this is very easy to find and I can be only grateful to METAL SOLDIERS for the great job he's doing. I just say it because the website is not updated. But the CD is out since a couple of months now. Hope to see soon HARPPIA and other announced titles!

CHILE:

-RUST: In 2007 or 2008 ESTUDIO ATTIC (http://estudio.attic.cl/metal.html) re-released their whole demography. Pre-WARPATH. Out of stock and it won't be repressed. I wrote to ESTUDIO ATTIC but at first they told me it is available, then after a 2 months without any news they just cut it off saying "sorry it's no more available". Very hard/almost impossible to find. If somebody is able to find a copy, I will pay very well!

-WARPATH: Mental reaction (Corvus Discos) is the complete discography by these legendary thrashers. CORVUS DISCOS (the same label who pressed the wonderful "Retrospectiva al metal chileno" Book also released TOTTEN KORPS Discography (now there's a new edition on PROSELITISM RECORDS with slight different bonus tracks)

-PROSELITISM RECORDS announced since some time the re-release of APOSTASY demos while the TOTTEN KORPS CD (7" ep cover size) is out but not very easy to find.

-EXHUMED FROM THE GRAVE RECORDS announced NIMROD "Time of changes" (previously available on a pro printed CD only through the band website only) and MASSACRE Split (probably the re-release of the 1989 Lp with unreleased Demo 1989, rehearsal tracks, other studio tracks and live tracks) but nothing is confirmed yet due to some delays. an AMMIT compilation CD was put out last year while during 2011 another label re-released their demos on CD: both pretty easy to find
Last edited by jnfernal on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
akira

Post by akira »

Where did you find the info about Titanic's re-release of Metal Celebration/Abel. They don't have the site.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

akira wrote:Where did you find the info about Titanic's re-release of Metal Celebration/Abel. They don't have the site.
Maybe could be this one?

http://www.titanicband.cz/
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
akira

Post by akira »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:
akira wrote:Where did you find the info about Titanic's re-release of Metal Celebration/Abel. They don't have the site.
Maybe could be this one?

I know about that one, but it is only chat forum, apparently. On their facebook page there isn't any info either
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I am surprised to read the Tublatanka CDs were hard to find. I saw them in almost every CD shop in the Czech Republic and Slovakia I`ve been to, so I thought they would be easily available on the online market too.
Oh, and those who can`t find the Titanic re-releases don`t loose much. I`ve got their debut LP and I dare to call it the most boring Czech metal album.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

yes, this is Titanic official website (Oficialny stranky kapely Titanic = Titanic's official band page):

There's also the e-shop: it doesn't work but if you send a private message they answer you. I ordered the 2nd + 3rd album...well it's not the greatest band on the earth (as well as Tublatanka) but it's a piece of history.

Plus I've seen all the CD's on sale on Aukro (the czech ebay) and here too: www.eshop-rychle.cz

Undoubtely the best metal album from ex Checoslovakia is Drakar's...the "Let draka/Flight of the dragon" album is amazing and I feel scared everytime I listen to it...genial, sometimes excessive, sometimes a bit twisted but absolutely unique!

As for Tublatanka...well, until last year their 1st+4th album were really hard to find or pretty expensive. It took some time to find them. The CD on Opus100 is not hard to find but it isn't distributed outside Czech republic....it's a shame that few labels carry it on distro but I think it's because it's not possible to trade with the label, being a major label in the country
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Update:

Metal Soldiers from Portugal just put out a nice CD:

-ALTA TENSAO: Metalmorfose + Nigeria (1st + 3rd album)

I don't know why their website is not updated since ages...even the STRESS's "Flor atomica" CD is not listed yet
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Herkus Monte wrote: Oh, and those who can`t find the Titanic re-releases don`t loose much. I`ve got their debut LP and I dare to call it the most boring Czech metal album.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I am surprised the most boring...?Well to me TITANIC it is one of the best releases.

TUBLATANKA on the other side i think they have their moments.My favourite LP by them is their 3rd with Pravda Vitazi track on it.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Vaggelis wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am surprised the most boring...?Well to me TITANIC it is one of the best releases.
Really? I can`t recall any interesting tune from Metal Celebration. But the truth is I listened to it only 3 or 4 times and then I gave it up :wink:

As for Tublatanka, their main drawback is that they would write excellent metallic tracks (Démon pomsty :twisted: ) along with really blant and uninspiring rock songs (Môj starý dobrý kabát... ugh!) so that their 80s releases might be a hit`n`miss for orthodox metal fans.
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

This was very helpful, thanks!
I found the Terminator CD :twisted:

Sorry if it was mentioned before, but the CD reissues of the first four CDs of Pokolgep was a one time offer by the label and the quantity was also limited. It's getting hard to find even locally.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

emperor.zola wrote:This was very helpful, thanks!
I found the Terminator CD :twisted:

Sorry if it was mentioned before, but the CD reissues of the first four CDs of Pokolgep was a one time offer by the label and the quantity was also limited. It's getting hard to find even locally.
Did you read my email , zoltan? i received the husqvarn CDs a few weeks ago.

I surely would like to get a CD version of Power Metal "Power One" & "Power Mission". Great albums, for what they are (south asian almost-metallic-but-not-quite ballad-laden rock). I used to have the tapes...

Is there any reissue of Handy Black - "Gempak", by the way?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
The Knell

Re: Hard to get CD re-rerelease (please update!)

Post by The Knell »

jnfernal wrote:
JAPAN
Reissues seem to be hard to find for a reasonable price. I've been looking for the Zadkiel CD compilation for quite some time, but it's always something like 40€ onward.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Agreed, same for Casbah!
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

Spanish LEGION, excist double digipack rerelease of "Mind Trainning/Por la Cara", war released by Dark Rails Rec, this CD are sold.
Also, rerelease in jewel case Picap, availabe on your web site.

Leyenda Records will rerelease full discography, first time remastered digitally. The discography of this thrash metal masters, are great, but sounds poor, the production, i am very glad of make justice to this classic spanish of thrash metal.
torquia

Re: Hard to get CD re-rerelease (please update!)

Post by torquia »

jnfernal wrote: ARGENTINA

-MARK I: In early 2011 Pacheco Records from Buenos Aires released the new album by legendary metallers Mark I. It includes also the Demo 1986. Very hard to find even in Argentina. Never seen on sale anywhere but I know some metal fan in Argentina bought it and so it's effectively out.
As far as I know, there is no official re-release of Mark I demo, besides the 3 tracks included as bonus in their first self-titled album (2011).
I was told that that 1986 session was intended to be their first album, but the quality was so bad that it was shelved. I know someone who has the entire recording session, so I am going to ask him.