POPSIKE FOR CD's!!!

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:I think this will actually be more useful for sellers trying to overprice their stuff :lol:
I'll vouch that.

I also don't appreciate all the bootleg garbage auctions that this site catalogues.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

WCNOISE wrote::lol: :lol: more or less brazil its paradise of bootlegs pirates
Not nearly as bad as greece though.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MetalRulesTheNight

Post by MetalRulesTheNight »

Avenger wrote:
I also don't appreciate all the bootleg garbage auctions that this site catalogues.
FYI, the site does not catalogue bootlegs intentionally.... it is programmed to grab ended ebay auctions of Metal CDs. I regularly browse the database and delete irrelevent items that are being captured and some bootlegs too. Since I do not know all the bootlegs If you see some, you can email or PM me the links and I will remove them asap.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

All in all these kinds of websites are not well appreciated by me. The reason being, (as was already stated in this thread) they only catalogue auctions under certain criteria and therefore future sellers base their asking price from the high prices saved in the database.

Is there really any other purpose?
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalRulesTheNight

You can also see many high priced releases being sold much lower due to spelling mistakes or because they were listed in ebay.de or ebay.co.uk (thus less exposure)

IMO buyers can also estimate the value of the items in their Want List and by doing so they can avoid paying high prices if a a given CD is also being sold at reasonable prices too.

Another purpose is... well having an online price guide for all collectible and recreational reasons there could be.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:Another purpose is... well having an online price guide for all collectible and recreational reasons there could be.
Why is this necessary? Anyone that adds an item to their "saved searches" list on ebay can get a good general perception of an items worth over time and anyone looking for something extremely rare will already have been collecting for long enough to know what price to expect.
MetalRulesTheNight

Avenger wrote:
MetalRulesTheNight wrote:Another purpose is... well having an online price guide for all collectible and recreational reasons there could be.
Why is this necessary? Anyone that adds an item to their "saved searches" list on ebay can get a good general perception of an items worth over time and anyone looking for something extremely rare will already have been collecting for long enough to know what price to expect.
Well, exactly like you said! It saves you loads of time! I have been collecting for about 20 years now. I only have 35 "saved searches" on ebay and a massive Want List with tons of stuff I should add to my collection... I always discover new stuff I would love to add and it is not possible to know the approx value of each item....
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

We (I ?) appreciate the effort, being free and everything but ... it doesn't work that well, it hasn't improved at all since the beginning :S
I still see LOTS of stuff missing, even listed on 'metal', even things I bought myself =)
MetalRulesTheNight

^ Yes I know.... it does not grab all ended auctions and BIN items. There are some limitations from ebay in regards to the amount of items. It is still a newborn baby... in due time it will include a wealth of information and users will be able to judge by seeing many more ended items of the same title instead of just a few...