POPSIKE FOR CD's!!!

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

POPSIKE FOR CD's!!!

Post by Korgüll »

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here's a new website, the Popsike equivalent for CD's perhaps...???

I haven't had a good look through yet, but it seems better than nothing??

Check it out:
http://www.heavymetalcd.com
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
MetalRulesTheNight

Post by MetalRulesTheNight »

Hey guys this is my site!

I was going to make a thread about it but I just saw yours LOL! - thanks!

Well, yeah, this works very much like popsike. You can browse ended ebay sales. Ebay lets you see past sales of the last 30 days only. On HeavyMetalCD.com you can see sales of CDs that were listed under the Metal category since early January 2011. Not only auctions but BIN items too. And there is no limit in the sold price - low priced items included too. So far there are more than 110.000 items in its database!

It took many days and nights of hard work to accomplish this plus a special license from ebay to allow us to display historical sales. I hope fellow collectors, researchers, sellers, buyers, zombies and witches will find it useful.

Please do let us know if you encounter any issues while using the online Metal CDs Price Guide and any recommendations you might have I am all ears!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

It doesn't work that well I think. I tried with some cross searches between my 'manual' database (starting of course from 2011) and the site, and the results are far from accurate :S
Does it catalogue also the "only euro" auctions or ebay.com only ?
But good that you are trying, we badly need something like that ^^ I hope you can improve it :wink:
MetalRulesTheNight

thanks for your feedback! keep it coming so that I can improve it the most...

it catalogues from all ebay sites: .com, co.uk, .de .it etc and the ended prices are displayed on the currency the CD was sold.... there might be a few results here and there with no currency symbol but I am working on it... it was due to 'trial & error' in programming the script that does the work....

I am not sure I understand what you mean with
I tried with some cross searches between my 'manual' database......the results are far from accurate
do you mean that some items that appear in the search results are irrelevant? If so, well this is another thing I am working on it for the moment. If you search, for example, for Slayer and you see loads of Metallica, Exodus or Megadeth results this is because these bands are mentioned in the item title or in the description.... yes this is an issue atm but you can sort the results by clicking on the "item" link. This will sort the results alphabetically according to item title
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

No, I meant I've searched for some specific 'underground' bands (there were surely dozen of auctions of these because I even saved some of them manually) but nothing is showing up...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I entered "tapping the vein" and the only result I got was a 12 CD thrash lot sold for 20 bucks...
MetalRulesTheNight

Helstar wrote:No, I meant I've searched for some specific 'underground' bands (there were surely dozen of auctions of these because I even saved some of them manually) but nothing is showing up...
could you tell me which ones? There might be entries in the database
Heathen wrote:I entered "tapping the vein" and the only result I got was a 12 CD thrash lot sold for 20 bucks...
where Sodom's "tapping the vein" was the first out of the 12 mentioned on the description of the lot
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:
Heathen wrote:I entered "tapping the vein" and the only result I got was a 12 CD thrash lot sold for 20 bucks...
where Sodom's "tapping the vein" was the first out of the 12 mentioned on the description of the lot
Yes, but the problem is it did not show any other finished (and sold) auctions:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/CDs-/307 ... hi=&_udlo=
MetalRulesTheNight

yes yes.... if the SOLD items were listed under METAL and not under any other CD category, most likely will enter the database the following few days
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I think this will actually be more useful for sellers trying to overprice their stuff :lol:
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Seems there's still some work left to do, but the effort is appreciated. I'll check this out. And I'm talking about the site here, not Yakish's pic
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Site exactly like popsike for cds would be a dream come true. I'd say that site has the potential to be it. :D
only the heaviest weather available
MetalRulesTheNight

I know there is another thread for this but I thought to share here some interesting finds:

SORORICIDE - The Entity $150 (probably bootleg)
http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/auction/230579136898

Chess - 1991 $406
http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/auction/160539987513

WRATH - Nothing To Fear $200
http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/auction/250759938474

AGALLOCH - Of Stone, Wind and Pillor $300
http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/auction/220735783766
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

SORORICIDE is a "Fan tribute" CD-R bootleg, avoid!