Avoid buying cds that are made by discovery systems.

...and all CD issues goes here.
slayerhatesusall

Avoid buying cds that are made by discovery systems.

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Because they are terribly low quality and get rotted out, I just bought a copy of Assassins interstellar experience made by them and it skips on like half of the songs, the disc has some fucking residue all over it and it wouldn't come off when I tried to clean it, I have another cd made by them which has peeled off much the label on the disc and it has rotted on the edge. Out of 3 discs I have that were made by them, only 1 works ok. Just a heads up not to buy cds made by this terrible joke of a company.
Last edited by slayerhatesusall on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I've had many discs pressed by Discovery, never any problems. Maybe you've just had bad luck? I have, on the other hand had many Nimbus discs with problems, but way more without, so I guess it's luck of the draw.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Yeah its probably just luck, but they used really cheap methods of manufacturing cds so the odds of it not working is much higher then normal.
What problems did you have with nimbus discs? I've had plenty and none were ever messed up, although alot of them had this sticky residue on the top of them but they always worked for me.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yeah the tacky lacquer layer on some of the late 80s Nimbus discs really bothers me, the shit will wipe right off, leaves permanent fingerprints, etc. But I've also had quite a few (even some new/sealed) that are dead mint but skip, or they don't skip in a normal player but if you try to rip them they freeze the damn computer up. No idea what causes this but I've never had this happen with other discs except Nimbus (and I've tried them on several different computers and disc drives).