Rarest CDs you own?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Those TARGET - Mission Executed are recent bootlegs and I've been removing them from eBay to the exasperation of the Azerbaijan, Belarus, and Latvian bootleg sellers (and everyone else who tries to sell it).

If you see it re-listed, please PM me. I try to keep an eye and report for removal on regular basis, but sometimes I forget. I'm pleased to say I haven't seen one in a while.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

(just put automatic searches for "Target Mission" and "Target Master" on your ebay account ^^ !)

The fu**** bootlegers will eventually sell them when your copyright expires and nobody would nuke the auctions anymore, right ? :\
Last edited by Helstar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I have a funny feeling that the rarest CD I own is also the cheapest (I doubt I would get 2€ for it on ebay). It's Anthemic - Counter Clockwise. They are not even listed on Metal Archives (it is definitely metal! prog/thrash 1993) and they are on RYM only because I added it there :)
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

MMm

Hazy Hill: 8800
Darkness: Yerba mala nunca muere
Sindrome: Bootleg CD
Fear Of God: 2xCD Discography (only a 50 copies around)
Novij Zabet: Alliluja/Exorcist (found in my local CD fair for 2 euros)
Oblachnyij Kraj: complete remastered discography. Not rare but extremely hard to get
Warfaze and Rockstrata from Bangladesh: shit I found their 1991 allbums on CD in India, the first "heavy metal" from Bangladesh but I left them in Nepal. I wouldn't find them anymore unless I go to Dhaka again :S
Power Metal: Power one CD (out on CD a couple of years ago but really hard to find)
Voltaj 88: Obsesii + Sweet angel child (5 years hunting)

One of the rarest want CD I am looking for is the Crystal Zone (Hong Kong) debut album from 1990. I know even in China, chinese collectors would pay up to 400 US$ for it. Never found anywhere. Not even a bootleg in the country of bootleg. That's probably the rarest CD along with Abaddon RD's "Cenizas" (100 copies, with first recordings 1989) and the RUST (Chile) discography

only for Darkness and Hazy Hill it took 5 years hunting....last month in Istambul I couldn't find anybody who got it. i think it's rpetty rare

Then...I found a lot of heavy/death CD in Nepal last november not even listed on the metal archives...I gave to a friend but I presume they are pretty rare, even in Nepal itself. The funny thing of travelling around the world, expecially in Asia is that you can find things that people can't even imagine and sometimes (as for Warfaze and Rockstrata) you are forced to go in - not only that country - but in a specific town itself if you want to find the only shops that may sell the only copies available of that CD. That's the nice thing of hunting for rare/exotic stuff...next trip would be in Mongolia to look for Ayashin Salki stuff and/or Cambodia to look for some independent releases
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I guess one of my rarest CDs is the EMPYRE - No more running away
Funny thing is that it is propably the cheapest CD i have ever bought
( 1.50 Euros).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I think it is pretty common that the rarest CDs might not be the most expensive. Mine is probably Dead Sirius - s/t (1994), apparently a bunch of middle-aged Christian parents from Montana who decided to rent some studio time and attempt to record a metal album, and failing miserably. It's pretty depressing, but also kind of amusing, probably better for "real people music" fans than metalheads :lol:
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I guess some Russian 80s Sibirian Punk CDs that are very obscure; like the Anarhia, Rodina and Chernyj Lukich CDs. Also I used to have Törr's "Institut" CD, that's quite rare. Also Zeus from Cuba is not a CD you see everyday. And Hazy Hill.
Is the Russian Winter (Ru) CD rare?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Russian Winter is not extremely rare but it's pretty hard to find like many russian cd made a few years ago and not on big labels.
I totally agree about russian siberian punk: there are hundreds of cd's that nobody knows. And also the Grazhdanskaya Oborona CD's (including first edition, re-releases, official and unofficial versions, bootlegs) are really hard to find. SPinki Menta, Chernyii Lukich, Brigadnyij Podriad, Generaator M (from Estonia), Mongol Shuudan 1st and 2nd CD...all rare stuff, badly distributed and that is totally unknown in the western market: it's rare stuff because it's really hard to find it as many "minor" russian CD not distributed by the same 2-3 big distros/labels
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

I have Magnus - I Was Watching My Death, Sororicide - The Entity + split with Chorus of Ruin, various of the Swedish ones (Expulsion ep, Gorement, Crematory, Raptus, The End, Pipers Dawn, Morpheus etc.), some Finnish like Demigod, Purtenance etc. Danish stuff like Pixie Killers, Morbid Vision, 1. press Illdisposed - Four Depressive Seasons etc.

But the most rare is probably from Nepal:

Ugra Karma - Blood Metal Initiation.

I picked up that one when backpacking in Nepal years ago.
humus

Post by humus »

Fabeldyr wrote:backpacking in Nepal years ago.
This makes me more envious than anything else posted in this topic!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Eheh...I found that Ugra Karma CD in kathmandu as well...I met some metalheads in Mahabouda Square so I decided to stop there for a month.

Yes it's pretty rare (most of the - few - copies circulating now are CDr only) and I saw only now that also Arachnids were added on the MA.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

jnfernal wrote: One of the rarest want CD I am looking for is the Crystal Zone (Hong Kong) debut album from 1990. I know even in China, chinese collectors would pay up to 400 US$ for it. Never found anywhere. Not even a bootleg in the country of bootleg. That's probably the rarest CD along with Abaddon RD's "Cenizas" (100 copies, with first recordings 1989) and the RUST (Chile) discography
In case you're insterested, currently there's a Crystal Zone compilation CD on sale on ebay. I think 7 songs (out of 10) from the original album are featured on this CD.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVESTER-SEE-Cryst ... 5ae1a0265b
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
oldskoolcollector wrote:
Avenger wrote:I'd say somewhere along the lines of:

Target - Mission Executed

Both on Aaarrg Records.

Although, I haven't really given it a lot of thought…

Could you post a picture of this one???

Never seen one before. I thought it doesn't excist on CD.
Sorry for digging this old thread, but I would like to second that question. Is the AAARRG CD of Target debut legit (I am not talking about any split CDs)? A guy on ebay.com was selling it last week but the listing has sunk without a trace since then. He must have got a big offer for it.

edit: found that listing in the Google cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... .google.pl
I thought that I had posted it publicly but perhaps not...

I discussed this with sovdat at the time of posting and I was referring to the Holy Moses split. This was back when the bootleg was rare as hell before the greeks got a hold of a copy and did a bootleg of a bootleg.
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

TARGET - Mission Executed CDs dont last long on eBay because I'm utilizing my VeRO powers nuking 'em into oblivion. It is a Russian bootleg and not Greek, unless I'm totally mistaken.

There is the same style "Master, Project, Genesis" boot, but since it is hard to distinguish from the original I let those go.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:TARGET - Mission Executed CDs dont last long on eBay because I'm utilizing my VeRO powers nuking 'em into oblivion. It is a Russian bootleg and not Greek, unless I'm totally mistaken.

There is the same style "Master, Project, Genesis" boot, but since it is hard to distinguish from the original I let those go.
There's a Target - "Mission Executed" / Holy Moses - "Queen of Siam" split bootleg CD that came out years before your licensing deal with Ralf / Aaarrg! Records. At the time this was the only way of getting both albums on CD format.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."