Rarest CDs you own?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:A friend from Germany just bought a copy of that Excruciate CD. For 7 eur :)
Can you get me one too please, I'll give you 10EU!!!???

Most of the releases on 'Thrash Records' are great! Mordicus, Sentenced-Shadows...etc ...brilliant albums!

Excruciate is verrry good too!

Even this price is crazy too:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, prices are usually higher when some well known ebay seller with good reputation (for example kreator72, pricekillers001 or thallos81) puts 100, 200 albums at once for a sale. For example, the same seller who sold this one for $300 (kreator72), sold the first Angel Dust for nearly $200 and Grinder Dead End for $140+ (it's usually somewhere between $50-$60!).
Detente - Recognize got to $100, and Razor - Evil Invaders to $92 (both pricekillers), but as he put the "reserve price", neither one of them reached it :)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:thallos81
This arsehole is also "randomcoils" so dont support his auctions!
A total prick ebayer!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I just forund MALTEZE "Count Your Blessing" on Gold Records in a used shop in Boise, Idaho 3 days ago for $8. is this rare? I'm curious too, the jewel case is some sort of pinkish plastic, did it come this way originally? I can post a photo if anyone knows or wonders.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

doomedplanet wrote:I just forund MALTEZE "Count Your Blessing" on Gold Records in a used shop in Boise, Idaho 3 days ago for $8. is this rare? I'm curious too, the jewel case is some sort of pinkish plastic, did it come this way originally? I can post a photo if anyone knows or wonders.
I think it's the original cd and that one is very rare as far as I know, but pinkish plastic? I bought the re-release some time ago; I desperately needed that one, because it contains some songs which are nothing less than amazing!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

here is what it looks like:

what are the bonus tracks on the rerelease?
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

are there bonus songs on the german vinyl? u sure? dont think so!
i do have a copy of the malteze cd for sale or trade,on ACTIVE records.the black one.PM me if anyone wants it
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

DaN wrote:On the subject of rare Swedish DM cds: A huge fave and a release I'm really glad I managed to get a copy of is UTUMNO's "Across The Horizon" MCD. The label went broke after it was released and didn't even bother to send the band copies at the time. Since then (92-93 I think) it's been a complete nightmare to find. I really fucking worship their music - every single song is a masterpiece on this one and musically it's very different from your standard Swe-DM, more classic/epic Metal vibes but not at all in a "Gothenburg"-way. Time for an upload perhaps?
Do it! I've loved the Light of Day 7" for ages & ages.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger wrote: Do it! I've loved the Light of Day 7" for ages & ages.
It shall be done. I'm out of town for a few days, so it should be up in the middle of next week.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

doomedplanet wrote:I just forund MALTEZE "Count Your Blessing" on Gold Records in a used shop in Boise, Idaho 3 days ago for $8. is this rare? I'm curious too, the jewel case is some sort of pinkish plastic, did it come this way originally? I can post a photo if anyone knows or wonders.
I paid about $15 for it, so you got a good price. It's a cool album too.

Maybe the pink case was with the original press??
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

MassOfKthulu wrote:are there bonus songs on the german vinyl? u sure? dont think so!
i do have a copy of the malteze cd for sale or trade,on ACTIVE records.the black one.PM me if anyone wants it
There are no bonus songs on the LP.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nothing too fancy I guess:

While Heaven Wept - Sorrow of the Angels (digipack)
Pale Divine - Thunder Perfect mind (original issue, now out of print)
Krux - I (promo CD)

I won't count dozens of demo CDs given to me by band members whom I happen to know.

Ed: And I'm quite sure that my copy of Paradise Lost by Cirith Ungol is a bootleg.
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

I have the Ebony Eyes - Final Fight on CD, which is quite rare Japanese Metal
deathster

Post by deathster »

Not that I value these by rarity but I will list those:
Sadistik Exekution "The Magus" Vampire rec.
Mayhem "Live in Leipzig" Avantgarde Music/Obscure Plasma rex
Massacre "Infestation of Death" Moritaka rec.
Darkthrone "Transilvanian Hunger" with this Norsk Arisk... slogan on backcover. I think today this version is out of print.

I used to have also Burzum "Det Som Engang Var" CD also (Cympohane) but traded it ca 8 yrs ago. I got from House of Kicks in May 1994!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I just remembered I have an autographed BATHORY-cd. If it counts...