Urget question regarding [CD] 1st press

...and all CD issues goes here.
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Post by kansa_666@hotmail.com »

Hellstar wrote:I have the french print too, for me it's fine, on MS it isn't showed as "first press" but who cares Smile
I think it's "first press" even that one btw (just USA and European versions published at the same time).
Your lastest replies are awesome but somehow made me a bit nervous, if you are not busy or anything, could you make a scan of your intruder - psycho servant and put up on the web for everyone to see. My copy kinda fits your description as a boot cuz the printing on the disc is rough. They booklets look a bit darker than normal copies. Remember the dude sold Angel Dust - into the darkest past boots a while ago on egay, he's a top seller with 100% feedback! Guess nowadays, rating doesn't mean anything at all, and we CAN'T trust anyone with 100% ratings and there is no way to ensure that they won't do anything doggy behind. So without all of you guys great tips, I wouldn't even know boots can be so close to the originals and they only differ from each other with the maxtrix character format. :D
rooster wrote: You are absolutely right, mate. I posted this idea at one polish forum, that there is necessity to start a new site, where people can upload scans (only scans not photos) of front, back cover, maybe booklet, and of course scan of disc with visible matrix code and info what release is it. I don't know how to make such site, so i think, that i must wait as someone else will do it, then i will contribute Smile
Now I am seriously considering your idea bro, maybe we can start a new thread here in this forum and upload our scans of the discs. I can do all of my rarites. It's not gonna be an issue at all. And we can all host them on those millions of photo album website. F**K those cheap bootlegers and ebay vampires. Hail to the decent sellers. :D
rooster

Post by rooster »

It would be better to do such thing on the main page, not on forum, because when you will seek f.e. Kreator you will get many, many results, not only the scans. The perfect thing will be something like musik sammler but with mandatory scans of various pressings (not only first but also re-releases), where people could log in and upload something that isn't in the database yet. Let's wait for other voices in the discussion maybe :)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote: Your lastest replies are awesome but somehow made me a bit nervous, if you are not busy or anything, could you make a scan of your intruder - psycho servant and put up on the web for everyone to see. My copy kinda fits your description as a boot cuz the printing on the disc is rough. They booklets look a bit darker than normal copies
OMG dude you need to just relax :D there is NO known bootleg of Psycho Savant ! It's a 10$ cd so it would be stupid from bootlegers to clone that one :lol:
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Helstar wrote:
kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote: Your lastest replies are awesome but somehow made me a bit nervous, if you are not busy or anything, could you make a scan of your intruder - psycho servant and put up on the web for everyone to see. My copy kinda fits your description as a boot cuz the printing on the disc is rough. They booklets look a bit darker than normal copies
OMG dude you need to just relax :D there is NO known bootleg of Psycho Savant ! It's a 10$ cd so it would be stupid from bootlegers to clone that one :lol:
Great. That's a relief. Hv to say, I was a little carried away. Knowing the case with Angle Dust, I really got shocked and traumatized. :(
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well actually the list of bootlegs is really long (I think several hundreds of cds) but most of them are not 'imitations', just illegal prints (albums existing only in vinyl/mc for example) and/or different versions compared to the genuine ones (bonus tracks, different or missing EAN code, cdr and not silver cds etc.)

The bootlegs really 'close' to the originals (silver pressed cd, vivid colors on inlays/cd, matrix code etc.) are only a few such as Target "Master Project Genesis", Blind Illusion "The Sane Asylum", Merciless "Awakening" etc.

Stuff like EXE, Grinder, INC, Hexenhaus, Agony and Messiah Force have different matrix codes AFAIK so no problems on recognizing those.

Anyway, here you are a partial list of bootlegs around, good reading ^^ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DQ9U3FS
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote:
rooster wrote:
kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote:Thanks a lot for the info. :D Maybe, we should have our very own metal rarity database. There are too many ppl already on ebay making false claim of their cds' pressing. So, even with MS, there is still not enough resources to detect false / misleading advertising of the sellers. Anyway, does anymore know if there are any other sites where we can locate better information in regards to heavy metal cds pressing? I accidentally found one from a guy collecting rare Japaneses Import cds. Here's the link:
http://metaldenfer.dyndns.org/main.php3 ... bel=Combat
The guy who did this is probably lurking somewhere in this forum. :lol:
You are absolutely right, mate. I posted this idea at one polish forum, that there is necessity to start a new site, where people can upload scans (only scans not photos) of front, back cover, maybe booklet, and of course scan of disc with visible matrix code and info what release is it. I don't know how to make such site, so i think, that i must wait as someone else will do it, then i will contribute :)
The ambiguity and errors leave cheap bustards on ebay a chance to constantly rip ppl off. I like the idea of disc and back insert scan, this will eliminate those cheap boots or counterfeits circulating in the market. Matrix scan is a bit difficult, how do you stop the cd from reflecting your camera flash?
You’re just figuring this out now? And he said "scans" not photos. :roll:

Sorry, but this idea is rather flawed in itself. A site like this would only contribute as a way to allow thieves to make better bootlegs.

The best way to find out a lot of this "first press" craze is to just simply look around and do research. Often the information is not easily accessible and you may have to waste money and find out the hard way, but as a collector that should (to an extent) be expected.

Regarding the German pressings being regarded as “first press” this for the most part is just a bias held by those that contribute most to the site in this case. It’s obviously a German site and the majority of the user base is German. Not that I have anything against that but for the longest time I would get into arguments with other users on musik sammler over a lot of the members obligation to mark something as a “import” Which was wrong because to me living in Canada a CD manufactured in Germany is an “import” but to them it isn’t, so it’s really just a matter of opinion. Either way, that “feature” is removed now, but you get the idea.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote: This is an 'extreme' situation which will never happen ... should we need to explain the reason ? Smile
Yes please go ahead. But I am also curious as for why the cd matrix could still be the same even they are not printed by the same manufacture plant? Would you go ahead further? :D
It all depends on how good the bootlegger is. No, they would not be from the same pressing plant as chances are that the majority of these pressing plants from back then are either shut down, have gone out of business or would have changed the matrix prints by now.

There are several bootlegs with matching matrix numbers, It's all in the small details and who you buy/trade with. If you are looking for a bargain, then in most cases you will have to take the risk.

My advise to you is to do your homework before purchasing something. Do not just put blind faith into what one person or a single source has to say about a disc that you are interested in.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Avenger wrote:
rooster wrote:
You are absolutely right, mate. I posted this idea at one polish forum, that there is necessity to start a new site, where people can upload scans (only scans not photos) of front, back cover, maybe booklet, and of course scan of disc with visible matrix code and info what release is it. I don't know how to make such site, so i think, that i must wait as someone else will do it, then i will contribute :)
The ambiguity and errors leave cheap bustards on ebay a chance to constantly rip ppl off. I like the idea of disc and back insert scan, this will eliminate those cheap boots or counterfeits circulating in the market. Matrix scan is a bit difficult, how do you stop the cd from reflecting your camera flash?
You’re just figuring this out now? And he said "scans" not photos. :roll:

Sorry, but this idea is rather flawed in itself. A site like this would only contribute as a way to allow thieves to make better bootlegs.

The best way to find out a lot of this "first press" craze is to just simply look around and do research. Often the information is not easily accessible and you may have to waste money and find out the hard way, but as a collector that should (to an extent) be expected.

Regarding the German pressings being regarded as “first press” this for the most part is just a bias held by those that contribute most to the site in this case. It’s obviously a German site and the majority of the user base is German. Not that I have anything against that but for the longest time I would get into arguments with other users on musik sammler over a lot of the members obligation to mark something as a “import” Which was wrong because to me living in Canada a CD manufactured in Germany is an “import” but to them it isn’t, so it’s really just a matter of opinion. Either way, that “feature” is removed now, but you get the idea.
Sorry, hv to admit that I am new to the rarity collecting thing and I hvn't thought of scaning a disc before. I agree with you on the flaws of the idea. As MS site makes bootlegers more smarter, and if a site hositng cd scans ever exists, maybe we will never be able to tell the difference between a original and a boot, unless more expensive equipments are used such as inferad devices to detect counterfeit paintings. I will take your great advice and dig more around before buying anything next time. Thanks for the handy tips. :D
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:Psycho Savant ! It's a 10$ cd
you'd have to be extremely lucky to get it for 10$ ;)
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

Could someone please send me the following mp3s

1) 1 or 2 songs from the new chastain rulers of the wasteland remaster(I can't find the songs anywhere even for sale)
2) 1 or 2 songs from the 7th of never jap
3) 1or 2 songs from the 7th of never remaster
4) If mystery got remastered then a couple from that album as well

Songs aren't for my listening pleasure, they're to find out which versions have the best sound quality. Ill post my findings here when I'm finished.

Email them to ensiferum2k7@gmail.com

Thanks