Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote:
perishinflames wrote:As for which is the first press, no idea. Black/silver one looks better 8)
Purple one is more sexier. :P
The purple one matches the majority of the rest of the Restless/Metal Blade CD releases as they have the same layout.

The only difference should be what plant it was manufactured in.

One is pressed by Nimbus and the other by Disctronics or Laservideo.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yeah but Nimbus have those sticky disc labels that permanently attract fingerprints. So purple automatically sucks :P
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Post by kansa_666@hotmail.com »

Is this one the combat 1st press as listed in:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/315283

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

Pricekiller has given me the following info:
Lable: Comabt
Cat no: 88561-8015-2
Bar code: 0 88561-8015-2 6
no infation about where this cd was manufactured
CD matrix 88561-8015-2 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
8 tracks including these boots.

The CD matrix listed in musik-sammler is:
8015-2 11168 SA10222

Apparent, this copy that pricekiller is selling has a different matrix. Could this be the actual 1st US press and musik-sammler is wrong?
F**k these boots sellers.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Like he said, never take anything it says at MS as gospel. Just like Bonded by Blood, Darkness Descends, Seven Churches, etc there is a 'made in Japan' press of KIMB, and then a later USA Nimbus version.
kansa_666@hotmail.com

perishinflames wrote:Like he said, never take anything it says at MS as gospel. Just like Bonded by Blood, Darkness Descends, Seven Churches, etc there is a 'made in Japan' press of KIMB, and then a later USA Nimbus version.
You guys are absolutely right. Now I started to hate MS for misleading and affecting the market values of CDs and LPs. But there is no other source available at this moment other than looking / asking around. Thanks a lot for reminding me you guys.

Same story goes for this as well?
http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/5205

These presses don't have OBI, right? I think the first press of Celtic Frost - To mega Theron CD falls in this catalog as well, even if it is a Noise release.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

No OBI. The discs were simply made in Japan since it was cheaper or more convenient at the time. They were always intended for US market.

Celtic Frost was Noise, but the US release was pressed/distributed by Combat. Same with Voivod and many others.
kansa_666@hotmail.com

perishinflames wrote:No OBI. The discs were simply made in Japan since it was cheaper or more convenient at the time. They were always intended for US market.

Celtic Frost was Noise, but the US release was pressed/distributed by Combat. Same with Voivod and many others.
Great.
How about megadeth - so far so good so what CD? It's captical this time.
http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/5205
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

No idea. Capitol probably pressed that 1000 times with the same catalog number and UPC. The Japanese CP32 pressing ('89) is very nice though.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

musik sammler needs to be international and a more strict look on the matrixes, numbers, codes and all that shit , as strict as with the EAN numbers and not just optional. Especially the CD section as vinyls and tapes seem to be way less confusing with the versions and counterfeit bootleg ridden.

i'm sure the majority of the members is the casual not that nerdy collector who most probably doesnt even know / care about the codes and little differences or whatever and that can cause some shit

i think it's just not there to be an surely reliable information source for records ,especially in that detail, yet. for an 5 year old national project it's good enough now IMO. with a webproject you always have to bear with some dorky members. That can only be solved by having an own solo project.

i agree that getting something corrected is pretty annoying though. it takes ages
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

The Knell wrote:musik sammler needs to be international and a more strict look on the matrixes, numbers, codes and all that shit , as strict as with the EAN numbers and not just optional. Especially the CD section as vinyls and tapes seem to be way less confusing with the versions and counterfeit bootleg ridden.

i'm sure the majority of the members is the casual not that nerdy collector who most probably doesnt even know / care about the codes and little differences or whatever and that can cause some shit

i think it's just not there to be an surely reliable information source for records ,especially in that detail, yet. for an 5 year old national project it's good enough now IMO. with a webproject you always have to bear with some dorky members. That can only be solved by having an own solo project.

i agree that getting something corrected is pretty annoying though. it takes ages
Indeed. Sometimes it takes me 4 months to get a manufacturing country corrected or get an answer to a question about IFPI codes.

But the worst part would be the members ignoring your questions. I cannot add certain items to my collection (currently 3 CDs), because I don't know if it's exactly them that I own. The method of selecting data owners should be improved. I've sent PMs to several people asking questions, seen them being logged in for hours on end repeatedly for weeks but no reply. My German might not be the best but those who reply understand me pretty good.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

omen of hate wrote:
perishinflames wrote:Can anyone shed some light on this new ADX "Terreurs" CD? I gather that its a reissue of La Terreur, containing the original recording, a re-recording, and some unreleased tracks from the 80s. But what about these unreleased tracks? Does anyone know what they are? I'm not interested in the re-recording, and have the original LP, so basically I'm wondering are the bonus tracks worth 20 Euro? :)
I ordered a copy but I haven't received it yet, I'm expecting it within a few days. I'll tell you then.
I've received my copy today. The three bonus tracks are from the "La Terreur" era, but they're re-recorded. Their titles : "L'honneur Perdu", "N'abandonne Jamais" and "A&S".
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

kansa_666@hotmail.com wrote:Is this one the combat 1st press as listed in:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/315283

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

Pricekiller has given me the following info:
Lable: Comabt
Cat no: 88561-8015-2
Bar code: 0 88561-8015-2 6
no infation about where this cd was manufactured
CD matrix 88561-8015-2 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
8 tracks including these boots.

The CD matrix listed in musik-sammler is:
8015-2 11168 SA10222

Apparent, this copy that pricekiller is selling has a different matrix. Could this be the actual 1st US press and musik-sammler is wrong?
#1. Stop using musik sammler as a guide.
#2. There is AT LEAST 3-4 different legit pressings of this CD. 3 from the US, all with a different matrix. One is more recent and has an IFPI Code. The last is the Japan pressing.
#3. Just buy the re-issue and be done with all this paranoia.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Avenger wrote:#2. There is AT LEAST 3-4 different legit pressings of this CD. 3 from the US, all with a different matrix. One is more recent and has an IFPI Code. The last is the Japan pressing.
Do you mean there was an 8 track version with IFPI? That I've never seen or heard of, These Boots was deleted prior to 1994. Or are you including the 7 track versions in those numbers? There should be Japanese 8 track, Nimbus 8 track, Nimbus 7 track and then another 7 track with IFPI correct?
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Avenger wrote: #1. Stop using musik sammler as a guide.
#2. There is AT LEAST 3-4 different legit pressings of this CD. 3 from the US, all with a different matrix. One is more recent and has an IFPI Code. The last is the Japan pressing.
#3. Just buy the re-issue and be done with all this paranoia.
I think I will, it's full of misleading information.
I have the Loud 2002 reissue with SID code. Just wanna upgrade to a first press. That's why I bought Countdown To Extinction from you even I already have the Capitol Japan press.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I'm thinking of getting rid of my HADES "If at First..." original cd since I also have it on much sexier vinyl. Any value in this?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D