Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:What is the matrix of the Atom-H pressing of Shah's "Beware"?
I posted this here once before for sovdat I think. Anyways, here's the scan again:

bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

does the jap version of this cd include an insert for english lyrics?

2nd press version. tecp. cover looks like this instead of mostly purple cover like the first press

thanks
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

i am just curious if there exist bootleg version having same matrix code with original CD for following 4 titles

Saint - Too Late For Living
No Trouble - Looking for Trouble
Damien - Every Dog Has Its Day
Damien - Stop This War
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Is the Attack "Return of the Evil" CD from 1993 on Icelandic Record a legit reissue? Does any bootleg of this album exist?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Herkus Monte wrote:Is the Attack "Return of the Evil" CD from 1993 on Icelandic Record a legit reissue? Does any bootleg of this album exist?
The 1993 CD on Iceland Records is official, when they signed to Iceland Records to release Seven Years In The Past they also reissued their entire back catalog (except Beastkiller which should get a reissue soon if the band is to be trusted).

I don't know if the CD has been bootlegged or not though.

EDIT: I forgot Danger In The Air wasn't released on CD until 2000.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Herkus Monte wrote:Is the Attack "Return of the Evil" CD from 1993 on Icelandic Record a legit reissue? Does any bootleg of this album exist?
Yes it does! As i know it's typical greek boot with just a album title matrix number.
And of course, original CD also exist, matrix number started with typical SONOPRESS if i remeber correctly. I saw it on eBay just a few times and need this one too.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

For some reason my sacrifice- torment in fire cd on fringe made by disque americ won't rip to my computer good, it rips it but it has a ton of background noise, it plays great on my cd player but won't rip good for some reason. The cd is in near mint condition with pretty much no wear, almost looks new. Does the cd have some old form of copy protection on it or something? That wouldn't make much since since the cd is 20 years old but who knows.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Mine ripped fine, but my Dogs With Jobs debut (bought sealed) will not rip without errors. Shoddy quality control at Disque Americ I guess. I can send you my rip of Torment in Fire if you need it.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

The problem is most common with Discovery Systems discs.
It's a sub-par press, some CD readers will read it fine, others will have problems. To solve this some go extreme and buy 5-10 different CD readers, others just chase down another copy of the disc.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

It could also be your guys disc drives. I have 3 seperate drives in my main home PC and some read certain discs better then others.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:For some reason my sacrifice- torment in fire cd on fringe made by disque americ won't rip to my computer good, it rips it but it has a ton of background noise, it plays great on my cd player but won't rip good for some reason. The cd is in near mint condition with pretty much no wear, almost looks new. Does the cd have some old form of copy protection on it or something? That wouldn't make much since since the cd is 20 years old but who knows.
It's a common problem with some Fringe cds, even mine and Dominic copy won't rip with EAC. And they are perfect ! (no scratches or pinholes)
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know what is the status on the Czech label Underground Records? Are their re-releases official and are they normally pressed CD's or CD-R's? I heard both versions and I am very interested in some of those releases like the Sax, Abax and Titanic releases. Any info on them?
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know what is the status on the Czech label Underground Records? Are their re-releases official and are they normally pressed CD's or CD-R's? I heard both versions and I am very interested in some of those releases like the Sax, Abax and Titanic releases. Any info on them?
As far as I know they`re only CD-Rs but the guy is releasing mainly demos of the bands that have agreed to do that. I`d rather see some of these demos on vinyl though.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Anything suspicious about a Megaton(mex)-S/T CD I have? Any reported bootlegs or something?