Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
roihlem
Posts: 814

Post#691 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 pm

anyone has the matrix of the Medieval Steel - The Dungeon Tapes CD?

User avatar
mega_lodon
Posts: 278

Post#692 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm

roihlem wrote:anyone has the matrix of the Medieval Steel - The Dungeon Tapes CD?
AGMVV MS1597-2 CD 5507 01
There's also an ifpi no: IFPI LL28

By the way, anyone knows the matrix on Torch s/t CD (Metalblade classic)?

roihlem
Posts: 814

Post#693 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you

leifkr
Posts: 316

Post#694 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 pm

roihlem wrote:By the way, anyone knows the matrix on Torch s/t CD (Metalblade classic)?
73436-2 (V) MASTERED BY NIMBUS

User avatar
mega_lodon
Posts: 278

Post#695 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:50 am

Hmm… I bought a copy some time ago. The matrix on the disc is 73426-2 (V) MASTERED BY NIMBUS (appears in reverse if you read from the data side).
You sure you got the number correct? :?

leifkr
Posts: 316

Post#696 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

You're right. It's 73426-2 (V)

Thanks!

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#697 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:55 am

Yakish wrote:
Helstar wrote:That russian seller is very well known for making bootlegs of non existing Stormwitch Scratch cds (Walpurgis Night, Tales Of Terror...) :roll:

This doesn't mean that the Metallica Slimline doesn't exist, but ok who knows :P
Offtop
Could you please give me more info about non existing Stormwitch CDs on Scratch Records? I mean single versions, not 2 on 1. AFAIK Tales Of Terror does exist, but it is very unclear for me. What do you think about these?
1. http://www.stronger-than-heaven.net/cms ... /editions/
2. http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/230781
Thet CD is a bootleg. Look at the Matrix. All P+O Pallas discs have the same standard etching format when being pressed. This CD does not follow suite.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#698 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 am

gigadeth wrote:what is the difference??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0711171240

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0717603506

quite same? just the CD design is different?
Yes.

Medusa/Metal Blade/Restless did this for some reason. They have several CD's in the old catalogue with different disc face graphics.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#699 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:23 am

Yakish wrote:P.S: Dear mods, please remove our conversation with Helstar on right topic
Done.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
mega_lodon
Posts: 278

Post#700 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am

leifkr wrote:You're right. It's 73426-2 (V)

Thanks!
Thanks to yoo too. :)

User avatar
Yakish
Posts: 503

Post#701 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

Avenger wrote:Thet CD is a bootleg. Look at the Matrix. All P+O Pallas discs have the same standard etching format when being pressed. This CD does not follow suite.
Glad to see you again Avenger and thanks for the answer! Yes, you're right! Now i looked more closely at the picture, definitely not the same kind of matrix, fat and untypical digits etc.

I have 2 more questions, which nobody still didn't answer to me.
1. Does it really exist on CD? Never saw it on CD format, just 2 on 1 bootlegs and regular LP version
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/340343
2. The same question for http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/44004
I saw on the back of LP cover cat.# for CD SPV 84 94 422, but that's all. Also never seen it for sale/trade/private list etc.
I guess in both cases the same situation. They were just planned releases on CD format, but never seen the light of day. At least i would be very surprised if someone will prove that they are really existing in micro quantities
Image

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#702 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 am

Yakish wrote:
Avenger wrote:Thet CD is a bootleg. Look at the Matrix. All P+O Pallas discs have the same standard etching format when being pressed. This CD does not follow suite.
Glad to see you again Avenger and thanks for the answer! Yes, you're right! Now i looked more closely at the picture, definitely not the same kind of matrix, fat and untypical digits etc.

I have 2 more questions, which nobody still didn't answer to me.
1. Does it really exist on CD? Never saw it on CD format, just 2 on 1 bootlegs and regular LP version
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/340343
2. The same question for http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/44004
I saw on the back of LP cover cat.# for CD SPV 84 94 422, but that's all. Also never seen it for sale/trade/private list etc.
I guess in both cases the same situation. They were just planned releases on CD format, but never seen the light of day. At least i would be very surprised if someone will prove that they are really existing in micro quantities
I haven't been able to access the website for several months due to the server that hosts The Corroseum blocking the range of IP's that most ISP's in mid-western Canada issue their clients... It's a long story but I'm back for now...

Anyways, from what I know you are correct. Those were just planned releases that never saw the light of day. I've personally never seen copies either. Again, this is why I dislike musik sammler because it has too many anomalies and people that just create entries for the sake of being credited when they don't even own the actual media.
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Yakish
Posts: 503

Post#703 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks again! I removed them from my want list. I just need to buy easy available Lp in mint condition and forget about searching those mythical CDs.
Image

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#704 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:25 am

Yakish wrote:Thanks again! I removed them from my want list. I just need to buy easy available Lp in mint condition and forget about searching those mythical CDs.
A good example of this is the "Heavy Artillery" Compilation that Auburn put out in 1990. The actual tape J-Card states "Also available on Compact Disc (AU007-2)" but alas it never happened.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
sovdat
Posts: 2608
Contact:

Post#705 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Not sure if this was answered before, but what is the matrix of "original bootleg" copy of Custom Killing? As far as I know there's the "real" bootleg and the Greek bootleg of it with "CUSTOM KILLING" matrix ..
?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests