Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
akira

Post by akira »

Divine Victim wrote:Q) Does CHASTAIN's Mystery of Illusion have an official CD re-release? I've seen a digipak but don't know if it's legit....
Shrapnel started re-releasing their old stuff in digi packs. Their released first two Chastain's,first Keel, Apocrypha cd's, Ravage.They are all official
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

anthares wrote:ICED EARTH S/T CD with original cover on Century media. But this one has no bar code. a bootleg?
matrix: CD849714-2 15
There are two pressings of that cd with no barcode, one comes from Dureco Holland (same as mine) and the other is yours, printed by DADC Austria (see here http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/338142)
Is "MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA" not present in your matrix code ?
anthares

Post by anthares »

Helstar wrote:
anthares wrote:ICED EARTH S/T CD with original cover on Century media. But this one has no bar code. a bootleg?
matrix: CD849714-2 15
There are two pressings of that cd with no barcode, one comes from Dureco Holland (same as mine) and the other is yours, printed by DADC Austria (see here http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/338142)
Is "MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA" not present in your matrix code ?
Dont have it here but i dont think so.
So its a boot?
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

The How much does XY LP / CD cost? -topic seems to be broken.. So, what is a good price for Death SS "The story of..." CD on Minotauro?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Quick question - is this Blind Illusion CD on Combat a bootleg or the real thing?

Here are the photos of the CD:

http://img838.imageshack.us/i/bowlen130.jpg/

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/bowlen131.jpg/

This is supposedly the original CD on Combat licensed from Under One Flag. I heard there is a bootleg with the identical matrix so can anyone tell me if this copy is original?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

I think it's original, looks very authentically
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Yeah, even the latest boots do not look that good. original.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Yes, that is the original CD.

Here's the photo of that identical bootleg I made, not the best quality unfortunately but you can see some difference ...

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Question about Stone - s/t CD on Mechanic:

Has anyone seen a copy with a "Manufactured by Sanyo" matrix? Just wondering since Nuclear Assault - Survive was released by the same label, same year and that one is Sanyo. I've already got a Sony DADC and a Sonopress copy, but my completist curiosity has gotten the better of me :P
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the Mechanic/MCA pressing of Stone debut is an american pressing and Sonopress is an european pressing plant. I don't think I've ever saw a Sonopress disc made in the US.

My copy or that Stone CD on Mechanic has matrix
MCAD42175 W.O. # 70069-1 A
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

pan_Heathen wrote:Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the Mechanic/MCA pressing of Stone debut is an american pressing and Sonopress is an european pressing plant. I don't think I've ever saw a Sonopress disc made in the US.

My copy or that Stone CD on Mechanic has matrix
MCAD42175 W.O. # 70069-1 A
Sorry I may be mistaken, kinda drunk. The one I mistook for Sonopress is the matrix you listed. Some of the CDs with these "W.O." matrices say "DISC MFG. INC." right, or am I mistaken? That's what I was thinking of. My other copy has a DIDX (Sony) matrix.

Though I do believe there were Sonopress plants in North America, some of the Avanzada Metalica CDs were made by them iirc?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Don't drink and type :D
Never trust the Goblin King....
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Trigger wrote:Don't drink and type :D
It seems that alcohol and my keyboard have some strange attraction,, it just sucks me in :P
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Out of curiosity - is this the real thing - seems like it went for pretty cheap regarding what is being sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AUS%3A1123

Sorry for the long url. However - is this offer the real thing - ie: the real first pressings of the first 3 Defiance CD's?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yes, they're real.