Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I have an original copy of Death Walks Behind You and the matrix numbers are:
72353-2 :

If this helps...?

Blessed.. I still need too it keeps eluding me that one due to the fact that most copies you see around are bootlegs..
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Korgüll wrote:I have an original copy of Death Walks Behind You and the matrix numbers are:
72353-2 :

If this helps...?

Blessed.. I still need too it keeps eluding me that one due to the fact that most copies you see around are bootlegs..
This helps a fair bit. Thanks from my end.

Now if only I could get my hands on some info on "Blessed...". I love that album but I do not want to buy a bootleg.
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Matrix number for Blessed is the black original CD is 72243-2
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

LaGouille wrote:Matrix number for Blessed is the black original CD is 72243-2
That helps a little bit. But doesn't the bootleg have the same matrix and is essentially identical to the original? I have seen pics of the bootleg and I think it does have those matrix numbers.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Zdan wrote:But doesn't the bootleg have the same matrix and is essentially identical to the original? I have seen pics of the bootleg and I think it does have those matrix numbers.
The originals are pressed by Nimbus iirc, pretty distinctive looking so a boot should be easy to spot by comparing to a more common Nibus-made CD (things like font, etc)
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Zdan wrote:
LaGouille wrote:Matrix number for Blessed is the black original CD is 72243-2
That helps a little bit. But doesn't the bootleg have the same matrix and is essentially identical to the original? I have seen pics of the bootleg and I think it does have those matrix numbers.
No idea as I have never seen the bootleg, but I'm pretty sure you could tell by looking at the inlay booklet (original is glossy).
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

As this is getting pretty urgent I hope someone replies.

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/coven.jpg/

Here is the image of the CD and the some of the inlay. Can somebody tell if this one is an original or not (I myself have never seen an original).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:As this is getting pretty urgent I hope someone replies.

Here is the image of the CD and the some of the inlay. Can somebody tell if this one is an original or not (I myself have never seen an original).
There's no way to tell from that image. I need one of the playing side of the CD. There is two legit versions of this disc actually. One from 1988 and an identical pressing from I'm guessing the 90's which contains an IFPI Code. The only difference between the two besides maybe the IFPI Code is the quality of the disc with the original 1988 version being much thicker/heavier. Aside from that, the bootleg is the typical album title Matrix greek boot and very common/easy to spot. There's probably 10 of them listed on ebay right now.
Last edited by Avenger on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:As this is getting pretty urgent I hope someone replies.

There's no way to tell from that image. I need one of the playing side of the CD. There is two legit versions of this disc actually. One from 1988 and an identical pressing from I'm guessing the 90's which contains an IFPI Code. The only difference between the two besides maybe the IFPI Code is the quality of the disc with the original 1988 version being much thicker/heavier. Aside from that, the bootleg is the typical album title Matrix greek boot and very common/easy to spot. There's probably 10 of them listed on ebay right now.
I don't have a picture of that and the auction ends in an hour or so. I will go out on a limb and buy it then as the auction lists the matrix of the CD so I assume it is a non-bootleg. When I get I will post the picture here then. Will be looking for feedback.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Yakish

Post by Yakish »

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

pan_Heathen wrote:http://cgi.ebay.de/ANGEL-DUST-Into-the- ... 20b7f55d1c

What is Metalfest Records?
So.. is this the 4th or 5th bootleg of this CD? First one with bonus tracks anyway.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Q) Does CHASTAIN's Mystery of Illusion have an official CD re-release? I've seen a digipak but don't know if it's legit....
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

There's a recent Japanese re-release that is legit. Don't know of any others.
anthares

Post by anthares »

ICED EARTH S/T CD with original cover on Century media. But this one has no bar code. a bootleg?

matrix: CD849714-2 15