Italian Metal 0f the 80' on cds

...and all CD issues goes here.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

and soon the Black Hole demos on cd (ADP has just got the agreement with Andromeda after nearly 2 years of dealing. Wednesday they will send all the payment/documents to Andromeda to get the official licence..). Out in April. It'll be a 3xcd thing
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Finally!!!

As you can see i posted the tracklist of this box set at the beginning of this thread,by the way Dan and me are going to make you a little surprise :D
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Very interesting thread, thanks for the list. And thanks a lot for the news about the demo CDs from Black Hole.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Nonseinormale65

43)The MI.S.S. --- Wrong Place,Wrong Time(1995,Lucretia Records,cd only),street metal with some southern rock for this band founded in the middle of the 80's,this is their only album.

44)Miss Daisy --- Pizza Connection(1989, on GWR records)produced by Eddie"Fast"Clarke,this is the one and only album for this roman based band,great Street metal,the Lp is easy to find,instead the cd is very rare, a few dozens promotional copy were made in the U.S.A. for college radios and press only;Heart of Steel records announced the reissue on cd by the end of 2010.

45)Moon Of Steel --- Passions(1989,lp on Cult'n'Roses records)the first reissue was a german bootleg with a horrible and different cover(a dish full of spaghetti)titled"Spaghetti Metal" :shock: ;the official reissue was done in 1995 by Lucretia Records(no bonus tks),note that the Lp has a gatefold cover,this is(IMO)their best album,for whom who likes the old stuff of Fates Warning/Queensryche,then after the reunion in 1998 they became more prog metal oriented(one minicd in 1999 and a cd in 2002).
Nonseinormale65

46)Morgana --- Three years of maddness(2005,on LM records/Andromeda Relix),including the four tks from the first self titled mini lp (1988,one of the rarest italian item);note that due to band's mistake the title of the cd is wrong(maddness instead of madness,as you can see on the cover artwork.

47)Necrodeath --- Into the Macabre(1987,Nightmare productions ,only on lp with gatefold cover)reissued in 1999 by Scarlet records+Fragments of Insanity(1989,lp only on Metal Master),reissued in 2001 by Scarlet records;in 1990 the band split up and rejoined in 1999 releasing several album from then on.

48)Nuclear Symphony --- Lost in Wonderland(1989,lp on Metal Master and cd on SPV/Steamhammer,this cd contains "Snoopies" as a bonus track),reissued in 2009 by Metal Master/Markuee;note that the reissue has not the bonus track so the tracklist is the same of the vinyl version.

49)Old Yron --- Same(1989,self produced)reissued on cd in 2009 by Shadow Kingdom Records with teo bonus tks.

50)Oxido --- Breaking Down The Walls(1990,Mercury records on lp and cd);the cd is very hard to find(400/500 euro or more :shock: );I personally do not consider this band as if it were Italian(only guitar player Tancredi"Tank Palmer"Palamara was),the others were from Switzerland.

51)Pat Heaven --- Welcome to Heaven(1989,Docam records) --- reissued in 1999 on lp and cd by Andromeda Relix;only 120 hand numbered copies were made for the reissue on the lp(and 120 copies for cd),note that for the reissue of the vinyl version original covers they had in stock were used.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Wow, cool to have such an dedicated insider for Italien Metal on this forum. Thanks for all the infos!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Marquee Records(ex Minotauro Records)besides has just announced the reissue on cds in the next months of "Detaching From Satan" and "Opera 4th".
The way this was worded is to assume Marquee Records used to be Minotauro Records.

Is Marquee re-issuing those as a license deal from Minotauro?
Nonseinormale65

Yes,it is exactly so,as a matter of fact the main man and owner of Markuee records(that is also a records store in Milano)is Marco Melzi who was also the owner of Minotauro Records in the 80's.
Nonseinormale65

52)Purple Angels(1991,LP on Axis records)reissued on cd by the same label
in 1995 with 3 bonus tks(the lp is easy to find,the cd is quite rare).

53)Rain --- founded in 1981 this band released their first lp in 1991,entitled "Ten years after"(on Sysma records)and reissued it themselves on cd(now totally sold out)in 2004 with multimedial section containing old videos as bonus+Red Revolution(1994,self produced,cd only)+Bigditch 4707(1999,self produced,cd only)+Headshaker(2003,Deadsun records,cd only)+Dad is Dead(2008,Aural music,cd only).

54)Randagi --- Seismic Area(1991,on Helter Skelter records,lp+cd),it is the second(and last)full length for this thrash metal band,they published the first "Hard States of Consciousness" in 1989 on Crime Records(LP only).

55)Revenge --- Archives(2008,Markuee records,cd only),it contains the mini lp "Hotzone"(1984,Minotauro records)and as bonus the 1987's second unreleased LP "Sweet Revenge";note that the band in the second one changed his sound towards melodic metal/aor.

56)Rex Inferi --- Like an Hurricane(2005,on LM records/Andromeda Relix),this is the second lp(unreleased at that time,1988 circa,the band published a minilp "The damage has been done" in 1986 on LM records),only 500 copies made on cd,you can also find a vinyl reissue.
Nonseinormale65

57)Rising Power --- The rock is never ending(1989,Gamma records,LP only,self reissued by the band in 2009 on cd)+Troppo oro e argento(1992,with italian lyrics,on lp and cd,MMS records,self reissued by the band on cd in 2009)+Live at the lake(2002,MMS records,self reissued by the band in 2009);both the LP's are hard to find(100 euro or more,for whose who likes Rainbow(Turner/Bonnet era),you can buy the cds at their website only: http://www.risingpower.it

58)Ruggeri Project --- Mutant Kind(1989,lp and cd on LM records),guitar virtuoso, both LP and Cd are easy to find at New LM records(as much as other italian stuff), http://www.crotalo.com

59)Schizo --- Main frame collapse(1989,lp on Crine Records)reissued on cd in 2006 by Avantgarde records+Sound of Coming Darkness(1993,cd only,on A.V. Arts)+Cicatriz Bomb(2007,Scarlet records);a new cd is announced by the end of february 2010.

60)Serena Rock Band --- Same(1984,lp only,on City Records)Heart of Steel records has just announced the reissue in the next months + Live at Banale(2007,cd only,on Club degli Artisti)+ Rolling On The Road(2008,cd only,on Heart of steel records)originally recorded in 1991 and unreleased at that time;if you like Badlands,Bad Company,Free etc.etc.

61)Shabby Trick --- Piercinality(2000,cd only,on X-Plicit productions),it contains unreleased demos;this was a glam metal band that also published an LP("Bad Ass")in 1989,the guitar player is Max Bronx who also played with Death ss.
Nonseinormale65

62)Skanners --- Dirty Armada(1986,lp on CGD records,reissued in 2006 by Mygraveyard prod. with bonus tks)+Pictures of War(1988,lp on CGD,reissued 2006 by Mygraveyard prod.with bonus tks)+The Magic Square(1995,cd only on Sudton Verlag)+LIVE!(1998,cd only on Sudton Verlag)+Flagellum Dei(2001,cd on Underground Symphony)+The Serial Healer(2008,Mygraveyard prod.)

63)Spitfire --- Heroes in the storm(2002,Cd only on Andromeda Relix,it contains their 1984 "A quiet man/Blade runner" 7"+demos and live tks);Mygraveyard productions has just released their second cd "Time and Eternity",it contains unreleased material of the 80's rerecorded by the band in the last months.

64)Steel Crown --- Sunset Warriors+Night Walk(2009,on Metal Master/Markuee,it contains the 1987's lp and the 1988's mini lp together on the same cd) --- these are the only official works that the band has ever released,the cd "Live in the Phantom city" is a bootleg.

65)Still Blind --- Whales(1992,published in lp and cd by Blindness records,nothing else that their own label);this band was a tecnho thrash trio formed by the three Giovanett brothers,based in Bolzano,this band also published on the same label a mini lp("Still Blind",1989),note that the mini lp contains a sticker.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

the EXCIDIUM discography will be out sometime this year. I am in touch with an italian guy who has just got the permission from the band and is waiting for the master tapes. As far as i know it should be a self-released cd or for a brand new label..
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

the correct track list of the Black Hole demo 1983 is:

Demo 1983 (or 1984??)
-in the darkness
-the long walk to hell
-midnight madman (different version than on the other demo)

then, they recorded these other songs between 1985 and 1986:
-ouverture
-angel of lucifer
-crying puppets
-eternal lycanthropy (1986)
-the end of all times (1986)
-ritualism of doom (1986)
-5 untitled outtakes from 1986

however, some of these songs are not metal, they are more gothic/progressive/ambient like the Living Mask tracks
Nonseinormale65

jnfernal wrote:the EXCIDIUM discography will be out sometime this year. I am in touch with an italian guy who has just got the permission from the band and is waiting for the master tapes. As far as i know it should be a self-released cd or for a brand new label..
The band recorded several demos since 1987 and one 7"(Infecting the graves)in 1992,do you know what kind of stuff will be reissued?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

received an email from the guy yesterday... it should be out on one Despise The Sun Records. I'll give you more details when i get some updates from my friend