Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Let's do some bet, I think ~1000$
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

I know a guy putting up another impact take the pain very soon..so don't bid TOO high, kiddos
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Sure, now one will end 800$, the other 600$ or somethin' :lol:
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

:lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:IMO top ebay CD collectors like thrashking or rituallyabused just go after stuff that is referred to as thrash and it was released back in the day without ever hearing it. I have never heard that Pixie Killers CD, so I can't say for sure, but I contacted Tue Madsen about it and he replied "You don't want that record! It was pretty horrible." ;) - yet it was sold for over $300 the other day ...
Yeah, collector's value and music quality apparently are two very different things, obviously :)
by the way, do you maybe have more informations about Ultimatum - till the End CD, which was released in 2006 - 300 numbered copies? I haven't heard about 700 other copies floating around ...
My guess would be they pressed the possible minimum (maybe 500) and limited it further down to 300. The same way Barbarian Wrath is limiting his releases to 666, but in fact he is ordering 1000 at the pressing plant.

All in all LIMITED should be hand-numbered. Otherwise he-said-she-said is just a rumor at best and should be taken accordingly.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

stormspell wrote:
sovdat wrote:IMO top ebay CD collectors like thrashking or rituallyabused just go after stuff that is referred to as thrash and it was released back in the day without ever hearing it. I have never heard that Pixie Killers CD, so I can't say for sure, but I contacted Tue Madsen about it and he replied "You don't want that record! It was pretty horrible." ;) - yet it was sold for over $300 the other day ...
Yeah, collector's value and music quality apparently are two very different things, obviously :)
Any Metal CD - good or bad – once its sale value has gone past the $100 mark on eBay, people will respect it. If it’s gone past $300 mark, people will deify it! In the present internet age, owning some high-value eBay CDs in your collection can earn you prestigious status instantly. How much do people really appreciate the music on the disc is another question.

I called this “NWOEHM” (New Wave of Ebay Heavy Metal).

Pardon my sour grapes… :(
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

mega_lodon wrote:I called this “NWOEHM” (New Wave of Ebay Heavy Metal)
hahahaha

drgoon has listed some real heavy hitters this time around, this should be interesting.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mega_lodon wrote:Any Metal CD - good or bad – once its sale value has gone past the $100 mark on eBay, people will respect it. If it’s gone past $300 mark, people will deify it! In the present internet age, owning some high-value eBay CDs in your collection can earn you prestigious status instantly. How much do people really appreciate the music on the disc is another question.
I'm with you, amigo. Same thing happened with vinyls, only a few years earlier.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

SideShow wrote:
sovdat wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:from a member of a band which says it's 250 copies to sell it for $$$?? :lol:
No idea ... but I know that Ray had 1 (at least ;) ) for sale, but he didn't reply to me when I asked him how much would he want for it ... :)
He emailed me about it, and I made him a rather large offer for it. Never heard back, so I assume that he wants even more for it.
Ray mailed me back that he turned down a 500 USD offer. Not much later a copy turned up on amazon for "only" 750 USD.

I bet that he is the seller from ebay! I offered him 100 USD :) (don't laugh), but he mailed me back that he already turned down a 250 USD offer.
Well, he has to pay the ebay fees from the 202,5 USD now :D
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0579935171

meanwhile I just bought yet another copy for $3, this one has a Disctronics matrix instead of DIDX so I might as well keep this too. So that makes 7 :lol:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

How many MCA cd versions are there ?!

67$ is really out of mind anyway...
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Post by kansa_666@hotmail.com »

sovdat wrote:How high will Impact go? ;)
What's your sniper price so far XD

If people were aware of stormspell's reissue, it could never go over $300 I suppose and only very few vampires like wiking would sell it for over $500.
Last edited by kansa_666@hotmail.com on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
F**k these boots sellers.
kansa_666@hotmail.com

Post by kansa_666@hotmail.com »

ION BRITTON wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:Any Metal CD - good or bad – once its sale value has gone past the $100 mark on eBay, people will respect it. If it’s gone past $300 mark, people will deify it! In the present internet age, owning some high-value eBay CDs in your collection can earn you prestigious status instantly. How much do people really appreciate the music on the disc is another question.
I'm with you, amigo. Same thing happened with vinyls, only a few years earlier.
It's kinda of sad nowadays when this happens, one can be totally retarded and totally tasteless about music, but once a $1k worth of a CD is showed, people start to treat him differently.
F**k these boots sellers.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

emperor.zola wrote:
SideShow wrote:
sovdat wrote:
No idea ... but I know that Ray had 1 (at least ;) ) for sale, but he didn't reply to me when I asked him how much would he want for it ... :)
He emailed me about it, and I made him a rather large offer for it. Never heard back, so I assume that he wants even more for it.
Ray mailed me back that he turned down a 500 USD offer. Not much later a copy turned up on amazon for "only" 750 USD.

I bet that he is the seller from ebay! I offered him 100 USD :) (don't laugh), but he mailed me back that he already turned down a 250 USD offer.
Well, he has to pay the ebay fees from the 202,5 USD now :D
Yah, that was my (only semi-serious) offer he "turned down". Translation: didn't have the common courtesy of responding back and saying "no".

I'm starting to think stormspell is right. Dude probably has a stack of these stashed away that he's trickling out for top dollar. I'd be willing to bet another copy "turns" up soon...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

SideShow wrote:
Yah, that was my (only semi-serious) offer he "turned down". Translation: didn't have the common courtesy of responding back and saying "no".

I'm starting to think stormspell is right. Dude probably has a stack of these stashed away that he's trickling out for top dollar. I'd be willing to bet another copy "turns" up soon...
I bet my half collection that if you'll send him another email asking him why he didn't send just the "no" respond he will answer that he "lost" the email... :lol: