Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

ION BRITTON wrote:@hload & Neb: the discussion can continue via PM.
I don't have a problem. But still expecting a single word for the uncrappy german stuff or how to rip off a band. I don't need anyone's sympathy I still have his words about "best trade list ever", I wish I have bought them from a single store. 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

OK OK...If Avenger deletes the last posts don't say that I didn't warn you :P
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:The Cyclone was a bargain! :lol: I remember some $200+ prices not a long time ago...
I paid 15E for mine, and sold it for 100 8)

The vinyl cost me 30, but worth every penny.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:YES! Sovdat just wondering in general about the frequent presence of the 1st Entropy lately (the same way for the Leviathen copies or maybe Axiom) & you made a whole scenario of science fiction because an American guy had that title. Do you know how many fuckin' driving hours are New York from Montreal? Just 8. There's another auction on ebay right now but the guy is an Austrian. He has another (unsealed) bootleg I guess, only yours is original... :lol:
First of all, Entropy weren't from Montreal and second, don't be upset that I never bought your overpriced CD's. I got both for a fraction of the price you were asking. I never made up any scenarios. I simply made a suggestion. It's just hard to believe that a CD that hasn't seen ebay for about 2 years now all of a sudden pops up and 8 or so are listed in the last couple months. Either way, I'm not going to go any further with this.
ION BRITTON wrote:OK OK...If Avenger deletes the last posts don't say that I didn't warn you :P
Nah, I'd just move it to the trash bin, but hopefully it ends here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
sovdat wrote:The Cyclone was a bargain! :lol: I remember some $200+ prices not a long time ago...
about 3-4 years ago, a german seller (a person related with the band Cyclone) was selling a lot of the Cyclone CD on ebay germany. some of them was resold on ebay USA by such sellers as like kreator72 / thallos81. as the result the value of Cyclone CD got lower and lower. when i visited Tokyo 2008, i found the original copy for about $30. $55.33 is not bad for the seller if he bought his copy on local shop.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

gigadeth wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
sovdat wrote:The Cyclone was a bargain! :lol: I remember some $200+ prices not a long time ago...
about 3-4 years ago, a german seller (a person related with the band Cyclone) was selling a lot of the Cyclone CD on ebay germany. some of them was resold on ebay USA by such sellers as like kreator72 / thallos81. as the result the value of Cyclone CD got lower and lower. when i visited Tokyo 2008, i found the original copy for about $30. $55.33 is not bad for the seller if he bought his copy on local shop.
Guido still have copies at home ... ;)
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

gigadeth wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

If you have been following my auctions,you would've noticed that I been trading / selling many copies of the original Cyclone cd way before that guy (Guido or whatever...can't remember his name,If I'm not wrong,he's the owner of Justice Records) appears on ebay.What I'm trying to say is that the value of Cyclone is killed by the lame Greek (?)bootleg and the so called "original" Avanzada Metalica pressing which is also a fake.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Hey Avenger if you are a man you should delete both posts or leave also mine. You can't change the reality using censorship. :wink:

The good old ebay days... :lol:

sovdat

Post by sovdat »

kreator72 wrote:
gigadeth wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

If you have been following my auctions,you would've noticed that I been trading / selling many copies of the original Cyclone cd way before that guy (Guido or whatever...can't remember his name,If I'm not wrong,he's the owner of Justice Records) appears on ebay.What I'm trying to say is that the value of Cyclone is killed by the lame Greek (?)bootleg and the so called "original" Avanzada Metalica pressing which is also a fake.
It's Ludwig. I contacted him about 2-3 years ago when he was selling Inferior to None copies on ebay for $55, signed by Guido and numbered to 25, as they said that's the remaining stock. I got both Cyclone and Decadence for 25€ incl. shipping back then. I bought the lot of 2 from Ludwig on ebay few months, maybe a year ago, and guess what, Cyclone was again signed, and numbered, but this time to 35 :) So I suppose that's additional 35, not only 10, of their stock and I bet that there's more to follow ...
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

kreator72 wrote:If you have been following my auctions,you would've noticed that I been trading / selling many copies of the original Cyclone cd way before that guy (Guido or whatever...can't remember his name,If I'm not wrong,he's the owner of Justice Records) appears on ebay.What I'm trying to say is that the value of Cyclone is killed by the lame Greek (?)bootleg and the so called "original" Avanzada Metalica pressing which is also a fake.
if any personal(?) seller sell the original of Cyclone CD, he may sell his copy for low price than he expected because of the greek bootlegs. but if any professional seller as like you kreator sold the Cyclone CD for low price, that is not because of greek bootleg. most (or all) buyers know your copy is original. so the reason the CD sold for low price is just the value got lower because many copies have sold on ebay before (or potential buyer who is willing to pay over $100 for the CD, just missed the auction)

i found you also bid on drgoon's Cyclone CD. you also know well it is not good idea to pay over $60 for the CD.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

gigadeth wrote:
kreator72 wrote:If you have been following my auctions,you would've noticed that I been trading / selling many copies of the original Cyclone cd way before that guy (Guido or whatever...can't remember his name,If I'm not wrong,he's the owner of Justice Records) appears on ebay.What I'm trying to say is that the value of Cyclone is killed by the lame Greek (?)bootleg and the so called "original" Avanzada Metalica pressing which is also a fake.
if any personal(?) seller sell the original of Cyclone CD, he may sell his copy for low price than he expected because of the greek bootlegs. but if any professional seller as like you kreator sold the Cyclone CD for low price, that is not because of greek bootleg. most (or all) buyers know your copy is original. so the reason the CD sold for low price is just the value got lower because many copies have sold on ebay before (or potential buyer who is willing to pay over $100 for the CD, just missed the auction)

i found you also bid on drgoon's Cyclone CD. you also know well it is not good idea to pay over $60 for the CD.
I remember that thallos used to have a copy for sale each time he put his listings on ebay - that was about 2 years ago I believe. During his auctions the price lowered from $100 to $50. Same thing happened to The Great Kat (price killers). I of course am not the big name ebay seller, but for example I sold The Great Kat for $22 (re-bought for $16 then), and one of Cyclone copies were bidded up to $30 (luckily I set a reserve price of $50, and then traded it for spare Chronical Disturbance CD which I sold for $120 hehe ...)
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

gigadeth wrote:

You do have a point,Sororicide is a good example.But we can't deny the fact that all those stupid bootleg cds do hurt us collectors big time.

Yes,I bid on that auction and more.However,many of you don't know the fact that half the time,I'm bidding on behalf of my customers who either do not have an ebay account or do not want others to know what they are after....I shall not disclose what I get in return....I have some 1000+ in my contact list :wink:

By the way,are you David ?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

kreator72 wrote:But we can't deny the fact that all those stupid bootleg cds do hurt us collectors big time.
They hurt collectors because the prices for some cds drop because of them? Thats how I understand it in this context. Well, if by "you, collectors" you mean people who make profit on selling CDs, than yes, but this has nothing to do with COLLECTING, and everything to do with business. How can this hurt collectors, that they can get a CD for less money?

The only way it hurts collectors is that you can get a bootleg thinking it's an original, but most collectors know how to distinguish and what sellers to avoid.
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

pan_Heathen wrote:
kreator72 wrote:But we can't deny the fact that all those stupid bootleg cds do hurt us collectors big time.
They hurt collectors because the prices for some cds drop because of them? Thats how I understand it in this context. Well, if by "you, collectors" you mean people who make profit on selling CDs, than yes, but this has nothing to do with COLLECTING, and everything to do with business. How can this hurt collectors, that they can get a CD for less money?

The only way it hurts collectors is that you can get a bootleg thinking it's an original, but most collectors know how to distinguish and what sellers to avoid.

People who know me long enough know that I regard myself more of a collector than a seller,at least I still have several thousands of original / 1st Japanese pressing cds in my collection.Years ago when I still have a proper job,I spent lots of money buying all these rare cds,for example $400+ on the split ADX when it was still a $500 cd,how much is it worth nowadays ?

Moreover,what's wrong with making profit selling cds ? I built my reputation from scratch,spent countless hours hunting,took risk dealing with strangers like sending up to $2000 in a letter,sometimes getting rip off in the process.I don't think I'm commiting a crime.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

kreator72 wrote: Moreover,what's wrong with making profit selling cds ?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this and it's not my point. I'm just saying that the drop in price of certain CDs is obviously good for people who want to collect CDs (=buy CDs), bad for people who want to sell them. You are both a great collector and a buisness-seller at the same time and the drop in prices is bad for you as a seller.