Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

SideShow wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
stormspell wrote:Well, not everyone read forums and knows that "Import CD-reissue" in case with Sam means "Fucking cheap CDR bootleg" so yeah, I blame it squarely on Sam and nobody else.
Here's what was written in item's description :

THIS ACCUSER CD TITLED "WHO DOMINATES WHO" WAS RELEASED IN 1989/2007 BY SHOCK WAVE RECORDS.

It couldn't be more clear!! I don't like Sam's methods but the truth is that there are a lot of guys with smaller IQ than a butterfly...
Here's the thing; it WASN'T released in 2007 by "Shock Wave Records". It was put on a cheap CD-R by Sam himself w/ cheap as hell laserjet printed "inserts" from low res scans. He's selling a non-existant "re-release" and taking advantage of people who don't know that the album wasn't re-released, but actually counterfeited.

The link Avenger posted has complete bearing on this. He mentioned at the tail end of that thread that the majority of these people getting ripped off are probably young, newer fans of the genres. They more than likely aren't part of communities like this; full of people that know what they're looking for and are able to spot a fake a mile away.

I see no humor in someone getting taken advantage of, nor will I lay blame on someone getting ripped off by a piece of shit bootlegger. People making, or knowingly selling counterfeits without saying explicitly so are thiefs, plain and simple. And Sam isn't saying he's selling a cheap CD-R, or a complete fake, he says it's a "re-release".
NO! Here's the point :

Sam & other bootleggers are cheaters & that AIN'T GONNA change, ok? So we have to protect ourselves. Just to understand do you mean that those guys were bidding up to $86 KNOWING that this was the reissue? Are you kidding me? The price was high because they thought that it was the first press as it was implied on the title of the auction. What exactly do you say? That it's only dealer's fault when he sells drugs? Wow! The poor junkies! They are buying drugs but it's only dealer's fault, crucify him! Oh come on, that is a story for small kids. How many are those "new" or "young" buyers with huge feedbacks? And it happens again & again! That's why the new bootlegs are coming faster than the speed of light.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I just don't understand why these (dumb ?) people don't give him negative feedback after realizing that what they have in their hands is a cdr boot, I see 99% positive, makes no sense...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Ask SideShow. I guess it's seller's fault...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Korgüll wrote:So it means they will be distributed by Century Media if on LMP!??!
I dont know about the rest of the world, but here I think they are distributed through DisManic Distribution, Ryko/ADA in USA
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

In The Raw wrote:
stormspell wrote:From what I was told LMP is releasing them as double CD sets, one disc is remixed and remastered, the other is with the original recording for old-school purists.
Specs are up at Amazon Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003ASV ... d_i=301128

Cannot read German but it says this is a 1 disc set so I am not sure about the "remix"/"original mix" status.

They probably would have been better off giving you the rights - at least then this would have been done right. :D
Yeah, don't cite me on this. Apparently my info was/is not current.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Are you still talking about this vegascds scam seller? Geez, I'd have hoped that at least on this board there would be no people defending such activities... I guess I've been wrong.

There is no moral ground to justify this dude's activities. His label thrives because for every legit release he has 3-4 "import re-releases" which are generating revenue and paying off for the rest. He can do all the cool stuff, buy radio stations, have his own stage at festivals and such ONLY because he cranks and sells all those cdr counterfeits. Let him operate the legal way having to pay for everything, and he will sink faster than a gangster with concrete shoes. Nuff said.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Here's what was written in item's description :

THIS ACCUSER CD TITLED "WHO DOMINATES WHO" WAS RELEASED IN 1989/2007 BY SHOCK WAVE RECORDS.

It couldn't be more clear!! I don't like Sam's methods but the truth is that there are a lot of guys with smaller IQ than a butterfly...
Here's the thing; it WASN'T released in 2007 by "Shock Wave Records". It was put on a cheap CD-R by Sam himself w/ cheap as hell laserjet printed "inserts" from low res scans. He's selling a non-existant "re-release" and taking advantage of people who don't know that the album wasn't re-released, but actually counterfeited.

The link Avenger posted has complete bearing on this. He mentioned at the tail end of that thread that the majority of these people getting ripped off are probably young, newer fans of the genres. They more than likely aren't part of communities like this; full of people that know what they're looking for and are able to spot a fake a mile away.

I see no humor in someone getting taken advantage of, nor will I lay blame on someone getting ripped off by a piece of shit bootlegger. People making, or knowingly selling counterfeits without saying explicitly so are thiefs, plain and simple. And Sam isn't saying he's selling a cheap CD-R, or a complete fake, he says it's a "re-release".
NO! Here's the point :

Sam & other bootleggers are cheaters & that AIN'T GONNA change, ok? So we have to protect ourselves. Just to understand do you mean that those guys were bidding up to $86 KNOWING that this was the reissue? Are you kidding me? The price was high because they thought that it was the first press as it was implied on the title of the auction. What exactly do you say? That it's only dealer's fault when he sells drugs? Wow! The poor junkies! They are buying drugs but it's only dealer's fault, crucify him! Oh come on, that is a story for small kids. How many are those "new" or "young" buyers with huge feedbacks? And it happens again & again! That's why the new bootlegs are coming faster than the speed of light.
You're seriously comparing people that sell drugs / use drugs to people that sell bootlegs / end up buying bootlegs? Apples, meet oranges. Oranges, apples. Acquainted now? Good.

Your analogy doesn't work on ANY level. Not to mention that you're putting words in my mouth with it that I wouldn't even come close to saying OR even thinking.

Why am I even arguing this? You obviously think it's funny when people get ripped off; I rather think it's disgusting. You don't seem to think Sam is doing much of anything wrong; I think he's a worthless piece of shit that performs an ILLEGAL activity and tries to pass himself off as legit. Fair enough, we see things differently.
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Ask SideShow. I guess it's seller's fault...
And you felt the need to chuck this smartass comment out there because.....? I couldn't even begin to explain his feedback score, as there are dozens and dozens of possible explanations, none of which I'm privy to during the course of the "transaction".

:roll:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

This whole conversation lacks a basic ingredient - an opinion of someone who actually bought a "re release" from the quy. It's not clear what are their motives because - contrary to the greek sellers - the guy does write that it is not a first press so we must assume the buyers know about it and yet they bid. Do they think these are legit re releases? Maybe they dont't care and know what they are doing? And why all this positive feedback? guess he always refunds on request. So maybe it's the bands that are the ones who are cheated the most as he makes money on their music.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

SideShow wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
SideShow wrote:

NO! Here's the point :

You're seriously comparing people that sell drugs / use drugs to people that sell bootlegs / end up buying bootlegs? Apples, meet oranges. Oranges, apples. Acquainted now? Good.

Your analogy doesn't work on ANY level. Not to mention that you're putting words in my mouth with it that I wouldn't even come close to saying OR even thinking.

Why am I even arguing this? You obviously think it's funny when people get ripped off; I rather think it's disgusting. You don't seem to think Sam is doing much of anything wrong; I think he's a worthless piece of shit that performs an ILLEGAL activity and tries to pass himself off as legit. Fair enough, we see things differently.
Let oranges & apples aside & type a good argument about the theme. Give us a good explain, not funny tricks & jokes. If you don't have one, you better stop. If you think all people has the same IQ & there are not idiot people on planet earth is your problem not scientists' one. You are whining that I've putted words in your mouth. I was clear enough about those sellers as I used the word "cheaters" & I also said that the buyers were responsible in THAT case. Now check again what you wrote for me. "You obviously think it's funny when people get ripped off", "You don't seem to think Sam is doing much of anything wrong". Better chew than talk (Ancient Greek apothegm) :lol:

SideShow wrote:
And you felt the need to chuck this smartass comment out there because.....? I couldn't even begin to explain his feedback score, as there are dozens and dozens of possible explanations, none of which I'm privy to during the course of the "transaction".

Sorry for my "smartass comment" but I still can't see even 1/dozens of argument about that fact too.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

pan_Heathen wrote:This whole conversation lacks a basic ingredient - an opinion of someone who actually bought a "re release" from the quy. It's not clear what are their motives because - contrary to the greek sellers - the guy does write that it is not a first press so we must assume the buyers know about it and yet they bid. Do they think these are legit re releases? Maybe they dont't care and know what they are doing? And why all this positive feedback? guess he always refunds on request. So maybe it's the bands that are the ones who are cheated the most as he makes money on their music.
You have something with the Greek sellers, I hope the best for you.
As I know the guy blocks such transactions (after the refund), I guess there are "younger" guys buying from him again & again not dumber...
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
NO! Here's the point :

Let oranges & apples aside & type a good argument about the theme. Give us a good explain, not funny tricks & jokes. If you don't have one, you better stop. If you think all people has the same IQ & there are not idiot people on planet earth is your problem not scientists' one. You are whining that I've putted words in your mouth. I was clear enough about those sellers as I used the word "cheaters" & I also said that the buyers were responsible in THAT case. Now check again what you wrote for me. "You obviously think it's funny when people get ripped off", "You don't seem to think Sam is doing much of anything wrong". Better chew than talk (Ancient Greek apothegm) :lol:
Sellers and users of drugs are both knowing and consenting to an illegal transaction involving a poisonous product that one is actively seeking and the other actively selling. The buyer knows exactly what he's getting, what it's going to do, etc. I feel sorry for NEITHER one in this case, as each person chose to do what they do, and this information is pounded into people from a young age and can be found literally ANYWHERE. No one in this instance is getting ripped off, as both are completely informed. I could care less about EITHER person in this case, as both parties KNOW better, yet they do it anyway. One dead in the gutter from an O.D. and the other in jail? I could give a fuck less, truth to tell.

Sellers of bootlegs, and those that end up buying them, are not even comparable (except that the bootlegger and the drug seller are both dealing in an illegal product). The buyer isn't breaking any law (unlike the drug user), and in many, if not most cases, not actively seeking an illegally created product (again, unlike the drug user). Yes, it's known that bootlegs exist, but unlike drugs it is NOT widely known information what is and isn't a bootleg. Nor is information of bootlegs and bootlegging pounded into people at any point. Not all of them are "idiots", some may be naive, some may be too eager to find the albums, etc. Again, this is unlike a junkie, who in my opinion, IS an idiot for using something that WILL ultimately end them.

I do feel sorry for those that got ripped, as I know how I MYSELF would feel if I got ripped. I don't take any pleasure or joy in someone elses misfortune. Could they have done more homework? Yes, I'll admit that freely. However, most that end up with bootlegs are NOT like us; collectors that want legit products and know how to spot the fakes. You, me, and just about everyone on this board have to admit that we are somewhat anal about this sort of thing and that we are a minority. Some buyers wouldn't even know where to look for such information. Some are probably even naive and don't realise they could possibly end up with bootlegs from a legit site like eBay.

THAT is why your analogy doesn't work. Suits the theme, no? I didn't bother last night, and won't bother again in the future, as this is a discussion that won't change your mind, nor change my mind. We're different people, and we look at things from different perspectives.

My second comment you italicized I'll readily apologize for. I shouldn't have said that.
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
SideShow wrote:

Sorry for my "smartass comment" but I still can't see even 1/dozens of argument about that fact too.
I'll give an example. Buyer gets the bootleg, asks for his/her money back. Sends back Sam's cheap bootleg and is just happy that they got a refund. I've got friends that bought from Sam (his bootlegs). They got their money back, and said he was always polite (even if he did blame someone ELSE for the bootleg...told one of my friends that "he must have gotten a bad batch from the distro he "imported" it from). In this case, they left + because they didn't end up completely ripped off. There are also those that are so apathetic that they don't leave feedback AT ALL. You can even reach a mutual exchange with eBay to get feedback removed. Not to mention Sam bans some of those he refunds from ever buying from him on eBay, and that's another person that CAN'T leave him negative feedback.

That is just 4 possible explanations of why his score is what it is. I could keep going, but you get the general idea.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

And just to make it clear: I am not saying all bootlegs are horrible. I have no problem with a guy who makes a CD of an album that has never been released on CD, and probably WILL never be released on CD (and I mean a legit, silver pressed CD that he/she obviously put some money into doing....not a shitty CD-R that I could have done myself at home). However, I will add that the album MUST be out-of-print and that owner of the copyright unreachable (ex: E-X-E - Stricken By Might and Deathrow - Raging Steel). I HAVE Raging Steel boot, and I WANT E-X-E....HOWEVER, I ALSO want the original vinyls as well. The CDs are just easier to listen to, so that's why I have / want the boots.

Where I DO have the problem is with people like Sam; those that make cheap copies and fakes of albums that have been pressed to CD, and/or albums that have gotten a LEGIT re-release, and the copyright owner is known and reachable, all just to try and rip off people that are looking for the releases (ex: Purgatory - Tied To The Trax and Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen).

I can't speak to vinyl and cassette bootlegs as THAT is an area I have NO experience or expertise with.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Someone still looking for Deathblow - Meanless Propaganda CD for quite good price?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

@Sideshow : I can't see anything that I could disagree with. You have your point of view. There are a lot of guys who could disagree with you about junkies/iq etc but drugs is a huge theme & I wouldn't like to express my complete opinion. Of course you know that laws change every day so it's not illegal (at least not all of them) so it's not the only common point. Maybe you confused my comment for a member of the board about rip-offs, that was an exception, everyone feels sympathy for the ones who have been ripped off (especially if that happened to you/me too). I just can't accept that all those guys who are buying generation of boots are taking refund or leave positive feedback because they are satisfied with the refund or they are happy because they don't know that a cheap cd-r doesn't deserve $80 as a price. How many guys are willing to send back a cd (especially overseas) paying from their pocket the s&h costs? Just a few, So if your friends or other guys who were aware of similar activities didn't leave negative don't blame on me but on them. It's not only Sam, check the feedback of a few other American sellers with boots or even Greek ones. They have higher than $99. The buyer has no more the fear if he leaves negative that he will get a negative too, so how all those "power sellers" are still around? Ebay cares only for the fees if we won't fuck up their feedback or making them to loose a star, nothing gonna change.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

lunaboy wrote:Someone still looking for Deathblow - Meanless Propaganda CD for quite good price?
Thanks for the link! I bought it but the shipping cost me 22$ because they only send cds from amazon.jp with EMS now.