Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Avenger wrote:
Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote:The difference is that the first one has an OBI and the second one doesn't.
I already said that I was the winner of the 12.5$ one :) still waiting for it though. I don't see the OBI in the other auctions anyway ?
I understand that you won the copy for $12.00, however that one DOES NOT have an OBI and the copy for $66.00 DOES HAVE ONE. It's not listed in the auction but like I said, I personally contacted the seller to ask and he said yes and sent me a pic. A friend of mine bought the $66.00 one for that reason alone. If you need the pic let me know.
A couple years back I sold my mint copy w/ OBI for $29. :cry:
Anyway, it's not really a great album I remember, no?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

stormspell wrote:Well, not everyone read forums and knows that "Import CD-reissue" in case with Sam means "Fucking cheap CDR bootleg" so yeah, I blame it squarely on Sam and nobody else.
Here's what was written in item's description :

THIS ACCUSER CD TITLED "WHO DOMINATES WHO" WAS RELEASED IN 1989/2007 BY SHOCK WAVE RECORDS.

It couldn't be more clear!! I don't like Sam's methods but the truth is that there are a lot of guys with smaller IQ than a butterfly...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

stormspell wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... NA:US:1123

:P

I remember the title for 25 Euros & no one cared for it. Even Mike has tried hard to sell his signed (!) copy for $66... :x
This album is quite average to say the least. No wonder people dont want to pay such money for it.

Too bad Randy is sooo lazy and haven't found the time to put a package with materials for me since we've signed the contract... 2+ years already and counting... Else I'd have released the early demos and the unreleased album already. I even have the artwork done.
Yep, you are right. It is average. The demos were better.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

SideShow wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:The problem is with the idiots not with Sam
The problem is completely with Sam. He's a bootlegger, and not even a very good one...
Not sure about that, check my post above.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Avenger wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:The problem is with the idiots not with Sam :lol:

Another one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... NA:US:1123

:P

I remember the title for 25 Euros & noone cared for it. Even Mike has tried hard to sell his signed (!) copy for $66... :x
I think you need to read the current conversation going on at the end of this thread:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4344

And not that I won that Cyperus but Mikes copy is SIGNED and that's the problem. Autographed shit is useless. In my opinion it only works to devalue the item.
I can't see any relationship with our theme.

I forgot that you are a "completist" with big pocket instead of a casual collector but you can't change reality. $140 for that cd is completely insane... 2 "completists" & the price jumped from $30 to $140... :lol: :lol:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

the original copy of Who Dominates Who? sold by Avenger went for just 14$ more. Unbelievable.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I remember when it was for sale at $99/bin not long ago and nobody cared.
As far as I can remember the demos indeed sounded much better,

About vegas cds: I don't feel sorry for anyone who's willing to pay so much $$$ for a CD that should've been rereleased 2 years ago.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

sovdat wrote:I remember when it was for sale at $99/bin not long ago and nobody cared.
As far as I can remember the demos indeed sounded much better,

About vegas cds: I don't feel sorry for anyone who's willing to pay so much $$$ for a CD that should've been rereleased 2 years ago.
8)
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

In The Raw wrote: I just saw that on Dennis's Sentinel Steel page. Looks they are going to be remixed though -
Savage Grace remixed? Very bad news. :(

stormspell wrote: From what I as told LMP is releasing them as double CD sets, one disc is remixed and remastered, the other is with the original recording for old-school purists.
Now I heaved a sigh of relief. :P
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

mega_lodon wrote:
stormspell wrote: From what I as told LMP is releasing them as double CD sets, one disc is remixed and remastered, the other is with the original recording for old-school purists.
Now I heaved a sigh of relief. :P
Who's LMP? I can only think of the prog/power label.. right?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
stormspell wrote:Well, not everyone read forums and knows that "Import CD-reissue" in case with Sam means "Fucking cheap CDR bootleg" so yeah, I blame it squarely on Sam and nobody else.
Here's what was written in item's description :

THIS ACCUSER CD TITLED "WHO DOMINATES WHO" WAS RELEASED IN 1989/2007 BY SHOCK WAVE RECORDS.

It couldn't be more clear!! I don't like Sam's methods but the truth is that there are a lot of guys with smaller IQ than a butterfly...
Here's the thing; it WASN'T released in 2007 by "Shock Wave Records". It was put on a cheap CD-R by Sam himself w/ cheap as hell laserjet printed "inserts" from low res scans. He's selling a non-existant "re-release" and taking advantage of people who don't know that the album wasn't re-released, but actually counterfeited.

The link Avenger posted has complete bearing on this. He mentioned at the tail end of that thread that the majority of these people getting ripped off are probably young, newer fans of the genres. They more than likely aren't part of communities like this; full of people that know what they're looking for and are able to spot a fake a mile away.

I see no humor in someone getting taken advantage of, nor will I lay blame on someone getting ripped off by a piece of shit bootlegger. People making, or knowingly selling counterfeits without saying explicitly so are thiefs, plain and simple. And Sam isn't saying he's selling a cheap CD-R, or a complete fake, he says it's a "re-release".
hload

Post by hload »

what my buddie aristeides wrote! :D also bostjan's statement has my concurrence. ebay maybe dangerous sometimes but these, supposedly anticonsumerists/anticonformists/anti-something thrashers, have the IQ of a castrated boar and definately a rich mummy's wallet and thus making it difficult for everyone. sam's only doing it for the love of music :lol:

also some others should expel the communistic syndroms of the past, act fast and put their lazy ass to work, before sam signs every 80's band with recordings. :twisted:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I believe in Karma. What goes around, comes around. Sam and his "humble devoted Christian" brother Aaron will have to pay for ripping off thousands of bands and fans, sooner or later, one way or another. That's all I have to say on this, case closed.
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

[quote="stormspell"From what I was told LMP is releasing them as double CD sets, one disc is remixed and remastered, the other is with the original recording for old-school purists.[/quote]

Specs are up at Amazon Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003ASV ... d_i=301128

Cannot read German but it says this is a 1 disc set so I am not sure about the "remix"/"original mix" status.

They probably would have been better off giving you the rights - at least then this would have been done right. :D
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

So it means they will be distributed by Century Media if on LMP!??!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?