Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

stormspell wrote:
Yakish wrote:Especially if it would on silver "classic version" CD, without stupid coloured surfece on cd. I hate this modern picture cds
And one-page "booklet" right? :lol:
No, the other side of the cover must be blank :D
Last edited by Herkus Monte on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Well, many old (and now very rare and expensive) CDs were made with poor and non-informative typography all we are know this, BUT i need them much more than today re-issues, because:
1. I LOVE old sound-mix and i hate modern very loud and high-frequency mixing
2. I don't need a bonus tracks, especially when album is logically ended with effect outro or something like that. Any live or demo bonus will be irritant
3. I don't like to see internet sites on the back cover on album which originally was made in the mid of 80's or beginning of 90s for example.
4. MANY (but not all) today "labels" have not rights to re-issue old albums. They make something very colourfull, 32-page and 10 demo bonus sweet candy with a bright label, but it sounds CRAPPY and with one hundred of mistakes in booklet.

Of course you can not with certainty say strictly good or bad about modern or ancient editions. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Specifically, for myself, I decided to purchase (even if with a lot of time and money) the original first editions, whether CD or LP.
For me modern re-editions have sense if:
1. Band recorded back in ancient times a killer demo or album and it was not released until today in CD legal edition. (Me not counted MC or bootleg LP/CD format)
Examples: Wild Dogs "Better Late Than Never", Wasteland "Warriors Of The Wasteland", Tyrant (UK) demos etc.
2. An album that musically killer and VERY rare and expensive now.
Examples: Leather Nunn "Take The Night", Razor "Armed And Dangerous", Tyrant "Hold Back The Lightning" EP, Wild Pussy "Mechanarchy", Commander "The High N Mighty", Masque "The Dead Of Night" and many, many others.

Anyway, I wish all the best to Stormspell Records in all his beginnings. Most of metalheads don't care about all those troubles that i describe above and only re-issues like you do it's their only chance to hear & buy great albums by LEGAL way.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Hey man, we are just joking around, don't take it so personally :wink:
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Now, this auction`s insanely amusing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PYRACANDA-92-Thorns ... 3a6214a7a6

The seller is offering a CD (presumably fairly hard to find if that`s original) and as the decription puts up a review that is out and out negative.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

That character font is the same used by a seller who ripped off dozens of buyers some months ago ... it's a new user with 0 feedbacks so it could be him

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... talforever
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Wow! Never seen a feedbacks worst than was left for this ''seller"
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yakish wrote:Wow! Never seen a feedbacks worst than was left for this ''seller"
It's confirmed it is him, many auctions in common now (the Bulldozer cds, same photos too). Better do not bid, although paypal seems a fair solution but these bastards can invent everything to screw you (sending empty packages and keep the tracking number...).
necrovomit74

Post by necrovomit74 »

Helstar wrote:
Yakish wrote:Wow! Never seen a feedbacks worst than was left for this ''seller"
It's confirmed it is him, many auctions in common now (the Bulldozer cds, same photos too). Better do not bid, although paypal seems a fair solution but these bastards can invent everything to screw you (sending empty packages and keep the tracking number...).
I have been watching some of his auctions and will not bid. Thanks for the warning. And truly saying, I don't remember such scumbag Sellers in the past except last 5-6 years when all this bootleg thing started. And now this.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Here, let me fix some of the info from that auction:

The so called “bootleg underground” was developed during the first years of the new millennium and still thrives to this very day. It is estimated that more than 3000 bands from around the metal planet got ripped-off so far, with many more to come.

The bootleg underground includes two central (but with slight difference) types of recording and marketing directions. The Greek magazine demo (demo-nstration) cds, studio or rehearsal recordings, not available for promotional use and exclusively for direct eBay sales and then, the Russian/Mexican licensed releases, professional studio recordings, available for direct eBay or mailorder sales, very useful for cheating purposes when presented in a crafty way to look like the original pressings.

What makes the bootleg underground unique in the entire world of music industry, is the total lack of control, private profit, greed driven philosophy, at all levels of ripping-off and gauging eBay prices. Being sold mostly, hand by hand the “bootleg sellers” developed their own secret network and attracted hundreds of unaware fans and greedy dealers with open wallets.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

ebay will do not any action against such bootleg stuffs as long as their copyright owner doesn't report it.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Congratz to Sovdat for selling this one:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

I bought it last year in mint condition for 5$ i think, noone else was interested in this one then!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

no tonly food gets more expensive :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIVING-DEATH-METAL- ... 43a4075075

and i need to replace my scratched copy
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Well 30 bucks can't really be considered "insane" i dont think[/i]