Are they released on CD?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

heavymetalmaniac wrote: Griffin - Flight Of The Griffin
- two versions on Old Metal do exist but I guess they are bootlegs
Rather than starting a new thread, can someone give a definitive answer about what legitimate and illegitimate Flight of the Griffin CDs are out there?

Are the Old Metal editions definitely bootlegs? And what SPV versions exist?

I found this thread with a search, so sorry mods if this question ought to have its own thread.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Divine Victim wrote:Are the Old Metal editions definitely bootlegs? And what SPV versions exist?
Not sure about the Old Metal versions, but the first CD releases of both Griffin albums were part of the SPV Mid Price series from 1988.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Mike Varney of Shrapnel holds the original rights for "Flight Of The Griffin". Any Steamhammer pressings of this album were licensed from Shrepnel. Granted that Varney still holds the rights to all his Shrapnel releases to this day and for whatever reason will not give them up, I think it's safe to say that the Old Metal CD's are bootlegs. Now, King Fowley, even though interviewed in the past and saying that he had permission from the band to print these CD's, doesn't make them legit as the band doesn't have any legal pull when it comes to the original material of this album.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
hload

Post by hload »

Avenger wrote:Mike Varney of Shrapnel holds the original rights for "Flight Of The Griffin". Any Steamhammer pressings of this album were licensed from Shrepnel. Granted that Varney still holds the rights to all his Shrapnel releases to this day and for whatever reason will not give them up, I think it's safe to say that the Old Metal CD's are bootlegs. Now, King Fowley, even though interviewed in the past and saying that he had permission from the band to print these CD's, doesn't make them legit as the band doesn't have any legal pull when it comes to the original material of this album.
Can you prove it? :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

hload wrote:
Avenger wrote:Mike Varney of Shrapnel holds the original rights for "Flight Of The Griffin". Any Steamhammer pressings of this album were licensed from Shrepnel. Granted that Varney still holds the rights to all his Shrapnel releases to this day and for whatever reason will not give them up, I think it's safe to say that the Old Metal CD's are bootlegs. Now, King Fowley, even though interviewed in the past and saying that he had permission from the band to print these CD's, doesn't make them legit as the band doesn't have any legal pull when it comes to the original material of this album.
Can you prove it? :D
Contact him via his website, he does eventually respond.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."