Bootleg SHAH cds

...and all CD issues goes here.
kreator72

Bootleg SHAH cds

Post by kreator72 »

I just discovered that these 2 Shah bootleg cds.The most obvious difference :

SHAH - TERROR COLLECTION
Original - back cover art has pic of 3 members.
Boot - back cover art has pic of just 1 member.

SHAH - P.S.I.H.O.
Original - matrix numbers on non-playing surface.
Boot - no matrix numbers on non-playing surface.

Drop me an email or pm if you need more details.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Thanks for the info James.

Moved to "Metal Conquest". /Mod
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHAH-Terror-Collect ... 5ad63f1416

This is the bootleg, right? He's also been selling Maniac CDs ...
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/SHAH-Terror-Collect ... 5ad63f1416

Can't really tell from the front pic alone,though 99.9% yes (original front cover has a darker tone also) since the same few sellers have been selling boot Maniac / Shah cds.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

The guy also has Grinder boots. I think he's from Russia.
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

pan_Heathen wrote:

The guy also has Grinder boots. I think he's from Russia.

Another seller is from USA though he's registered as from Sweden.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I have the "Beware" bootleg.

As I do not have the original japanese edition on Teichiku Records, I only post here the details of my russian bootleg:

-No OBI (if there ever were one)
-Matrix Code (visible both on the back and the front of the CD, in transparence): TECP-25493 1A1 C 09
-booklet: seems identical to the original, as far as somebody told me. Just the last page/back cover seems a bit glossy and with a more evident red tonality
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

jnfernal wrote:I have the "Beware" bootleg.

As I do not have the original japanese edition on Teichiku Records, I only post here the details of my russian bootleg:

-No OBI (if there ever were one)
-Matrix Code (visible both on the back and the front of the CD, in transparence): TECP-25493 1A1 C 09
-booklet: seems identical to the original, as far as somebody told me. Just the last page/back cover seems a bit glossy and with a more evident red tonality

Thanks,i thought it's a bootleg of the Atom-H pressing...

- The matrix code of the original Japanese pressing is the same as the bootleg,also visible on both sides.

- Original booklet has 16 pages,but page 14 & 15 are "blank" or simply black coloured.

- Non-playing surface of the original Japanese cd is predominantly in yellow with red / brown logo.

- Reverse side of the Obi strip is generally in red with ads of STS 8 Mission,Living Death & Mekong Delta.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

- The matrix code of the original Japanese pressing is the same as the bootleg,also visible on both sides.

- Original booklet has 16 pages,but page 14 & 15 are "blank" or simply black coloured.

- Non-playing surface of the original Japanese cd is predominantly in yellow with red / brown logo.

- Reverse side of the Obi strip is generally in red with ads of STS 8 Mission,Living Death & Mekong Delta.

Ok...fits perfectly to my bootleg edition

there are only 2 differences, apparentely:

-There's no OBI in the bootleg
-Booklet has 12 pages instead of 16 and page 11 is totally black

For the rest (non playing surface, colours, logos, matrix code and their visibility) are the same

Do you know if there's a silver-printed bootleg edition of their "Escape from mind" Demo 1987?

I know there's a CD-R editon made by a phantomatic SNC Records, but at this point, seeing that there's apparentely a bootleg CD for any album they made, I wouldn't wonder if there's also a silver printed cd for this album too
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

jnfernal wrote:

Ok...fits perfectly to my bootleg edition

there are only 2 differences, apparentely:

-There's no OBI in the bootleg
-Booklet has 12 pages instead of 16 and page 11 is totally black

For the rest (non playing surface, colours, logos, matrix code and their visibility) are the same

Do you know if there's a silver-printed bootleg edition of their "Escape from mind" Demo 1987?

I know there's a CD-R editon made by a phantomatic SNC Records, but at this point, seeing that there's apparentely a bootleg CD for any album they made, I wouldn't wonder if there's also a silver printed cd for this album too
Escape from Mind excist:
http://www.imagengratis.org/images/shahmind.jpg
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Yes, but I haven't understood if this is a silver edition CD or just a CD-R

To what I know this SNC Edition should be a CD-R version only...

as I found this other version too with some slight differences:

http://www.freecovers.net/view/2/2504ec ... nd-cd.html
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

A Japanese collector once told me that there was a real copy of Escape From Mind released in the 90s by SNC and limited to only 300 copies. I believe if this is true, it is the one in c4d4v3r's picture. On the other one that is frequently seen there is the painfully obvious CD-R letterings in the inner hub. Though I'm hesitant to believe there is any real copy due to the quality. There is a clear frequency cutoff at 16 kHz, indicative that it came from a 128 kbps MP3 source, and MP3 was not even around when this disc was supposedly pressed. If it came from a demo tape, there may not be higher frequencies due to poor recording, but there would still be a lot of noise over 16 khz instead of just a flat cutoff, making me think that all copies are probably fake and made from files the guy got from limewire :P
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

jnfernal wrote:Yes, but I haven't understood if this is a silver edition CD or just a CD-R

To what I know this SNC Edition should be a CD-R version only...

as I found this other version too with some slight differences:

http://www.freecovers.net/view/2/2504ec ... nd-cd.html
This looks like a bootleg,the CD don't is silver.
Yhe picture taht i put,I think that is original,I have understood what has said perishinflames
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In all my time, I've never heard of a legit copy.

This is of course a CD-R and has always been regarded as a bootleg.

If an original exists, no one that I've ever dealt with has seen one.

It's not uncommon to have a second or third generation of the original bootleg, "re-pressed" by someone else to make profit on the demand so from that, my GUESS is that's what the difference is between the two photo's posted. Also note how the back inserts from the two are slightly different.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The CD on c4d4v3r's pic was mine; or better say the CD-r as it wasn't factory pressed. I put it on ebay to get some money back, and got over $80 for at the end :D

I've heard the same thing about the '93 silver pressed CD (200-300 copies), but I have yet to see it ...