Bootleg SHAH cds

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

According to Anton Garcia there was never an official cd pressing of Escape From Mind. Least making 200-300 cd copies in 1993 when cds was HUGELY expensive to manufacture... It is the bootleggers who try convincing people such small pressings existed so they can cash big on their boots. Same ol' same ol'...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

That might be it, I think that it's same with first 2 Deathrow CD bootlegs and that Morbid Saint CD boot, which were all supposedly made in 500 copies, but in my opinion there were simply way too many copies sold on ebay alone for that to be true.

The only question with Shah here is, where the hell are all these silver boot CD pressings then? :) I don't know anyone who has even seen a copy somewhere ...
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

i wish this bootleg! Better to have it like that, that not to have anything!
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Well, I guess today I received a bootleg of Shah - Terror Collection. I bought it because of the description "three bandmembers on the back". Looks like selfmade printer quality. Anyone know more about this?

Matrix: SNC 90 002
One page booklet in poor quality.

Edit: The seller told me this one is definitely original. Please help me!
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

oldskoolcollector wrote:Well, I guess today I received a bootleg of Shah - Terror Collection. I bought it because of the description "three bandmembers on the back". Looks like selfmade printer quality. Anyone know more about this?

Hi Ferdy,

Do not worry,the original has flimsy paperworks,i've had many copies in the past,all are of the same quality.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

oldskoolcollector wrote:Well, I guess today I received a bootleg of Shah - Terror Collection. I bought it because of the description "three bandmembers on the back". Looks like selfmade printer quality. Anyone know more about this?

Yeah, that's what the original looks like in general. A vast quantities surfaced few years ago and were on almost every Russian dealer's list, so I guess the label (or someone else) may just have re-pressed it.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

James doesn't post here anymore man.

He was upset with something that happened but when I asked, I never got a reply back.

I'll have to email him.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

kreator72 wrote:

Hi Ferdy,

Do not worry,the original has flimsy paperworks,i've had many copies in the past,all are of the same quality.
Got that one today as well and I was also wondering what's going on :)

Anyone that can provide a scan of original Beware CD - Atom H or Jpn. edition?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Anyone that can provide a scan of original Beware CD - Atom H or Jpn. edition?
I can do this for you as I have the Atom H CD.

Do you just want one of the playing surface of the disc?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:Anyone that can provide a scan of original Beware CD - Atom H or Jpn. edition?
I can do this for you as I have the Atom H CD.

Do you just want one of the playing surface of the disc?
that one will do it!
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Is there a bootleg of Beware Atom H press or is there only a bootleg of the Teichiku press?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

slayerhatesusall wrote:Is there a bootleg of Beware Atom H press or is there only a bootleg of the Teichiku press?
As far as I know, only the Japanese pressing has been bootlegged as it's far more common.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

This "Beware" boot is really nicely done. The sound is pretty good. Shame it's a boot though - bought it recently without realizing it. Shame.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Zdan wrote:The sound is pretty good
Pretty good? It is exactly the same, these identical bootlegs are just that, identical. The offset is usually slightly different but if you do a secure rip to wav and check the files with a program like CUETools it will show you that the checksums are same as the original (provided the orig has been ripped with EAC or DBPoweramp before and is present in the AccurateRip database). At least this is the case with every identical boot I've checked.