Heathen - Victims of Deception Jpn. bootleg CD???

...and all CD issues goes here.
sovdat

Heathen - Victims of Deception Jpn. bootleg CD???

Post by sovdat »

OK guys, please help me with this one:

The CD pictured above is definitely the original press, I just got it from Japan, the matrix is APCY-8046-A1M V

I bought the one below on Wacken 2006, and it the CD print is definitely done in worse quality than on the 100% original + the matrix area seems "typically Greek-fat" :D - However it comes with original matrix code + those signs you can often find on Japanese releases.

The Greek boots on ebay are obvious from another Jpn. press (I assume the first one with bonus track):

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEATHEN-VICTIMS-OF- ... tsupported

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heathen-Victims-Of- ... tsupported

Anyone knows more about it? I assume that the lower copy is a bootleg but from where?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

As I can remember right there were 2 Jap. presses the one with 1 bonus track. I can't remember more things I have the one without bonus track but it's far away from me...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I have the same CD as the one pictured at the top and I also know that this is an original. The one pictured at the bottom must be a bootleg. It has all the correct characters on the matrix, but they are printed using a different font, and the zero digit is not crossed out. I've seen a lot of bootlegs using an identical font in the matrix area.

And one more bootleg test that seem to never fail - compare the text written on both CDs in the violet stripe area. The bootleg has "Owner of the record work" instead of "owner of the recorded work" printed. And "Japann".
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

A friend of me bought also on Wacken 2006 the Japanse pressing of Victims on FEMS and that was definitely a bootleg.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Thanks!
Do you know if his version came with OBI strip / were the boots made with OBI strip?
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:As I can remember right there were 2 Jap. presses the one with 1 bonus track. I can't remember more things I have the one without bonus track but it's far away from me...
As far as I know there are 2 Japanese releases. The 1st one is the FEMS release and later another one was released by Roadrunner Japan. The 2nd press has a bonus song if I remember correctly.

Man I didn't know nowadays they can make bootlegs that look so close to the original. :(

Recently I've also received a fake Jap CD. The obi strip gave it away instantly when I looked at it. I wonder is the sovdat's copy has a obi strip?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

mega_lodon wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:As I can remember right there were 2 Jap. presses the one with 1 bonus track. I can't remember more things I have the one without bonus track but it's far away from me...
As far as I know there are 2 Japanese releases. The 1st one is the FEMS release and later another one was released by Roadrunner Japan. The 2nd press has a bonus song if I remember correctly.

Man I didn't know nowadays they can make bootlegs that look so close to the original. :(

Recently I've also received a fake Jap CD. The obi strip gave it away instantly when I looked at it. I wonder is the sovdat's copy has a obi strip?
You're right, the 2nd version has the bonus track. As far as the boots you're also right. besides that it's a HUGE waste of time trying to find what's boot & what's not. By the way Visitor's boot (one of 2) is 99,9% same as the original... :twisted:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

No, the bootleged Heathen was without it.

The 1st Jpn. press (with bar code, which is on OBI): http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/39053

2nd Jpn. press w/ extra track: http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/145530
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

sovdat wrote:No, the bootleged Heathen was without it.

The 1st Jpn. press (with bar code, which is on OBI): http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/39053
The pic shown in your link is actually the 2nd pressing...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

mega_lodon wrote: As far as I know there are 2 Japanese releases.
There are at least three japanese releases of this CD.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Mega_lodon: Yes that is correct, I let the MS staff know about it.
The original OBI:

Nebuchadnezzar: Are you talking about the version which also has those "Japanese signs" that can be seen on the bootleg Victims of Deception CD? :D
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

sovdat wrote:Mega_lodon: Yes that is correct, I let the MS staff know about it.
The original OBI:

Nebuchadnezzar: Are you talking about the version which also has those "Japanese signs" that can be seen on the bootleg Victims of Deception CD? :D
If you ask me if I have the original copy the answer is yes as I bought that from the well-known kiss-my-disc from Japan/Canada many years ago.

I remember that the newer boot comes with bonus track but I can't remember if it has those signs...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

By the way it's sad that teodoros (your 2nd link) start selling bootlegs...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I was talking about that 99,9 Visitor bootleg :)
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Aha sorry for the misunderstood. The obvious boot is this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISITOR-SAME-POWER- ... tsupported

the other is almost the same as the original. I can't remember those signs but you can compare as you have the original as I know.